Mertens 90 at 1 m??

sxckarma
3550 posts National Call-Up
What happened to his price ? Doubled in a night ... some "shocking video"?

Comments

• Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    May be because people are realising it's already at TOTS standard, 99's in all the relevant stats. The only things he's short on is strength and the TOTS cards upgrade won't make much of a difference in that stat. Looks incredible and wish I bought him yesterday if I'm honest.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    He'll drop again, it's cool.
  • v4vendetta1978
    3257 posts National Call-Up
    missed that too 650k to a mill but nobody would have picked one up thinking that would happen
  • MoeilijkeMan
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    May be because people are realising it's already at TOTS standard, 99's in all the relevant stats. The only things he's short on is strength and the TOTS cards upgrade won't make much of a difference in that stat. Looks incredible and wish I bought him yesterday if I'm honest.

Haha I think with a price rise from 600 to 920K over night, it's kinda hard not wishing you bought him yesterday.
  • Forca-Barca
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    Not worth the upgrade I already compared his stats to 89 and all stats are upgraded by 1 or 2
  • Forca-Barca
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    North worth double/triple the price
  • Burnie
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2017
    Absolutely not worth the price difference if you compare both with a Hunter card then the 90 Only has +1 better for shooting and finishing and +2 better for Volleys in the stats that really matter. Has +3 in passing, vision and crossing but if your playing him as a striker then that wont make much of a difference
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    He'll drop again, it's cool.

That's very sensible, but we have to PANIC!
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited May 2017
    I had a feeling the prices were too low yesterday. I picked up the 89 for only 350k, his stats are quality, not much difference from the 90.

http://www.futwiz.com/en/fifa17/compare/dries-mertens/19704/dries-mertens/18547
  • Burnie
    Theres obviously a lot of people who dont know you can compare the 2 players and see that the stats are minimally different, once people find this out the 90 will come crashing down. I cant believe how low the 89 has fallen for in my opinion is the best card in the game
  • Retro_G
    Burnie wrote: »
    Theres obviously a lot of people who dont know you can compare the 2 players and see that the stats are minimally different, once people find this out the 90 will come crashing down. I cant believe how low the 89 has fallen for in my opinion is the best card in the game

Easy to link into a PL team too with Hazard on the left, inform De bruyne on the right.
  • Burnie
    Retro_G wrote: »

Easy to link into a PL team too with Hazard on the left, inform De bruyne on the right.

And the price of 94 Hazard is great at the moment too
  • Juur
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    He'll be down to 200-300k since millions of packs will be opened this weekend.
  • PhilP
    1992 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    not many packs are being opened. wait for the weekend rewards and marque matchups (if a tots is given) to drive prices back down like usual.
  • Retro_G

And the price of 94 Hazard is great at the moment too

I've the 94 Hazard untradeable, got lucky with my monthly rewards.
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up

TOTS is all about the physical upgrade. You may as well get the 88 or 89 instead of the 90.

As for the price I reckon it's gonna tank. It''s gone up because everyone opened their saved MM and WL packs. Now that surge has stopped but it'll start again tonight.
  • xFATAL
    5475 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    Down to 730k last I checked. Someone most likely attempted to pricefix him with the nightly rise and the fact there's nobody opening packs, probably wasn't many on the market.
  • Sandell85
    7692 posts League Winner
    its only like 4-5 on the market thats why he is at a mil, was 570k yesterday
  • sxckarma
    Sandell85 wrote: »
    its only like 4-5 on the market thats why he is at a mil, was 570k yesterday
    Ye I saw it at 570 too was wondering how ppls could pay 1 m forn him when today late gonna drop heavy...
  • GarretJoseph
    232 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Will drop after the weekend league
  • sxckarma
    Oh well I just sold de Rossi purchased yesterday at 60 k ( not a good price) for 105 k... bah bah
    Really strange "market"
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro

Shhhhhh that's what I'm trying to do but need to sell my son at maximum hype to do it
  • Just_Unfair
    4342 posts National Call-Up
    sxckarma wrote: »
    Oh well I just sold de Rossi purchased yesterday at 60 k ( not a good price) for 105 k... bah bah
    Really strange "market"

Damn I sold mine for 47k yesterday :s
  • Angy
    2746 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lol same old story. People buy at insane prices from release of totw to release of MM SBC + rewards....and then crib about how they lost a lot of coins when the prices crash :D
  • WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Always happens on release, just not to that jump
  • Retro_G
    Robg wrote: »

Shhhhhh that's what I'm trying to do but need to sell my son at maximum hype to do it

:D I'm not that impressed with 89 Mertens at ST. He misses so many sitters with his low composure.
  • Robg
    934 posts Semi-Pro

:D I'm not that impressed with 89 Mertens at ST. He misses so many sitters with his low composure.

I had him but sold for 800k+ need to strengthen all round but now with him getting a 90 and tots I can afford him again he nearly had a goal a game ratio for me in nearly 300 games I loved him but he was better as Cam for me
  • xFATAL
    5475 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    I do not feel sorry for anyone that buys TOTW players now(Unless you were flipping before tonight) and lose a mass amount of coins with pretty much everyone holding packs till at least tomorrow, Plus with rewards being released tonight. Doesn't take a market expert to figure out which way the prices are headed.
  • Smallingator
    411 posts Sunday League Hero

You're selling your son for a card on Fifa?
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    sxckarma wrote: »
    Really strange "market"
    it's like that every week. Surprised people are still amazed by it.
    and it's really logical.

When many packs are pulled -> high supply -> low prices.
    When no packs are pulled -> low supply -> high prices.

Wednesday night: many packs are pulled. -> low prices.
    until Thursday night: no packs are pulled -> higher prices
    Thursday night: WL rewards -> lower prices
    Friday: Marquee Matchups with TOTW-packs -> lower prices