EA Q4 Financial Results (Edited for UT relevant info)

Comments

• Flamstead
    3409 posts National Call-Up
    If Konami had the chance / money / resources to fully license and develop PES then FIFA wouldn't rake in half as much it does now.
  • Mayhski
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    chosenone wrote: »
    UT sold more packs than ever by a large margin
    This is all EA look at, financial success, sold more packs than ever etc, I can imagine the board sitting together in a meeting discussing this. this is what they look at not customer satisfaction.

Hehe had the exact same picture in my mind when i read the article m8.

A bunch of suits sitting in a corporate boardroom with less then an hour in game time racked up between them..
    No clue what so ever how frustrated their player base is but happy with the nice profit numbers, patting each other on the back for a job well done, sceaming plans for next edition..

It will not get better any time soon...

• MaddMike3711
    12938 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2017
    I just really want them to bring back the MVP (baseball) series. :(
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    For some reason never really thought about the journey as a feeder for FUT until this forum post

• Donkotlettdrake
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Lmao they wanna make stars out of any player. Momentum confirmed?
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    For some reason never really thought about the journey as a feeder for FUT until this forum post

EA smart.
  • chosenone
    2324 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017

year on year growth? probably people making duplicate accounts because they were wrongfully banned or theirs has turned into BS. I have noticed bs varies across accounts and people had the fut founder issue earlier, 20 mins waiting for a game.

But as I said, these numbers is what entices them and allows them to call themselves a successful company.
    Mayhski wrote: »
    This is all EA look at, financial success, sold more packs than ever etc, I can imagine the board sitting together in a meeting discussing this. this is what they look at not customer satisfaction.

A bunch of suits sitting in a corporate boardroom with less then an hour in game time racked up between them..
    No clue what so ever how frustrated their player base is but happy with the nice profit numbers, patting each other on the back for a job well done, sceaming plans for next edition..

Yeah its like that in most companies, all the board people get together, in suits, think they are all it, probably cant play football or know how to play fifa themselves and discuss financial figures and financial growth and all that bs, happens at my workplace too im just sitting in thinking wtf am I doing with these lot lol. The big bosses then present finances year to date, growth, budget, targets, number of blablabla, more bs graphs. All they care about. Not one thing about customer satisfaction or that these clients are unhappy with this or that or we gave these people a defective product. Its all overseen and blanketed with the finances. Its the same at EA

• Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    Rutta wrote: »
    Probably good news that they sold more packs as I would have thought all these WL and SBC rewards may have affected them, thus reducing these next game. Although with all these lacks getting opened that probably explains the awful card weight for good players.

The rewards arent really as insane as its made out to be unless you get top 100 so in reality people want to do well in the fut champs so they open packs to get more coins for better players. Also with sbc always taking away peoples coins they open more packs.

Its really good for both parties now.....people that like the road to glory style and people that spend real money
  • agentxyz2
    829 posts Professional
    So that means no MyPark next year? Or FIFA Street ever again?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    The funny part about the ot is the fact ea actually think they can have this game taken seriously on the esport scene there's not a hope in hell this game can be taken seriously with the amount of problems and bs in it if they really want it to be taken seriously then it needs to be a level playing field and the game actually needs to work more than 5% of the time.
  • tribefaninnc
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is there a breakdown of Madden v. FIFA UT revenues in there somewhere? Wonder how similar (or different) they are. Madden sells a lot of packs too, though the season is shorter and I would expect mostly US-only demo.
  • Nogz
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Arrumem esses servidores de merda, arrumem esse fifa de merda, jogadores não respeitam instruções dada aos mesmo, inteligência artificial marcando mais q os players humano, jogadores se invertendo de posições sem ao menos serem selecionados, ARRUMEM ISSO, OLHEM PARA O CONSUMIDOR TAMBEM CACET!!??
  • francis222
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited May 2017
    $4.9 Billion could end world hunger but EA can't figure out how to fix input delay and inconsistent gameplay.

Esports ready tho.

basketball.gif

G ❤️❤️❤️❤️ G boys.
  • Mutu10gol
    2811 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Can't fix the gameplay or servers but we can still make lots of money !

• Blackbag69
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Who is buying these? Why?

don't get people who buy packs. You get BS and input delay and you buy packs and go crazy over TOTS to buy more packs to get better players to use in the WL to get even more BS and input delay! Endless addictive cycle. Snap out of it!

I've bought every fifa since 96 and for the past few years been saying "not getting the next one" but don't mean it and still do because I have brothers but this year its the last straw, really feel that I'm not going to buy the next one especially considering COD looks decent. Give it a year off.

and the growth is a reflection of the rapid birthrate and reducing poverty not the success of the company hehehe

Not everyone plays WL, I've given up hope of qualifying as it appears that AUS/NZ connect to EA servers via Singapore.

Therefore I have to play seasons where the rewards are rubbish compared to WL, so I chose to purchase FIFA points until I build a teams that is competitive.

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blackbag69 wrote: »

Who is buying these? Why?

don't get people who buy packs. You get BS and input delay and you buy packs and go crazy over TOTS to buy more packs to get better players to use in the WL to get even more BS and input delay! Endless addictive cycle. Snap out of it!

I've bought every fifa since 96 and for the past few years been saying "not getting the next one" but don't mean it and still do because I have brothers but this year its the last straw, really feel that I'm not going to buy the next one especially considering COD looks decent. Give it a year off.

and the growth is a reflection of the rapid birthrate and reducing poverty not the success of the company hehehe

Not everyone plays WL, I've given up hope of qualifying as it appears that AUS/NZ connect to EA servers via Singapore.

Therefore I have to play seasons where the rewards are rubbish compared to WL, so I chose to purchase FIFA points until I build a teams that is competitive.

I'm in Australia and I didn't have any problems in the WL with connection.

• Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Mayhski wrote: »

Why would any company want happy customers and lower profit over unhappy customers with higher profit?

The only reason to keep customers happy is to ensure there is long term profit. I guarantee EA spend a lot of time thinking about that, they're not worried about PES of course but they ultimately complete with all games for our time.

A financial statement to shareholders is not going to mention any negatives of course, it's a document designed to get investors to put more money in.