What annoys you most about Fifa 17 ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
My top 3 are :

1.The lag and button delay no question about it. It makes my players unresponsive and slow and basically feels like im playing on ice.

Close 2nd is the types of people you play against. They can probably tell im lagging by how much im not timing my tackles and the ease they are passing me and yet they score a lucky goal that rebounds back to them 4 times in a row and they dab me.

3. Is the auto switching players that ea uses. Why cant they get this tight as its been a problem in all fifas ive played since 14, but this version seems even worse. And no i cant use manual switching when im lagging, i just need ea to be able to make it switch to the closest player, how hard can it be ?

Comments

• Leon0713
    1807 posts Fans' Favourite
    1. Input delay and lag.
    2. The fact that EA are the company that run the game.
    3. Idiots that park the bus, 5 atb and pass it round when you're one goal behind.
  • DicaniosGod
    5599 posts Big Money Move
    1 Lag button delay
    2 Auto switching
    3 Not being able to pass to the person in space sometimes is so annoying!!
  • Ovo23
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    when I see my oppenent is going to pass a throughball to his striker.. I switch with RS to my CB to cover the striker... and sometimes the CB does that stupid standigcktackle although I NEVER pressed the standigtacklebutton.. striker is then through and I conceide the goal.. I dont know if it is a bug or why the hell the CB does that stupid standingtackle automatically.. anybody else experienced the same ???
  • HysxteriA
    4018 posts National Call-Up
    Inconsistency game to game.

Slow gameplay and unresponsiveness.

Balls consistently rebounding to their feet inside my own half.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    Refs especially over the last month, be it the off the ball obstruction or straight up unpunished hacks.

Pack weights, ive either been massively unlucky this year or pack weights are down.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Numero uno as above, no consistency - feels different every time, game to game, day to day, week to week. It's a lucky dip. Also the creating of drama in the game is extremely annoying, let us just have a game where it's played skill v skill or no skill v skill etc just let us create it ourselves we don't need it added to mimic real life.
  • Diggy
    14657 posts Has That Special Something
    1. Lag/delay I'm not even sure which is which now

2. Overpowered AI auto tackling I'm still of the belief that if no button is pressed no tackle should be performed

3. Penalty shoot outs, why am I forced to use my subs as the first 3 penalty takers also Brehme is my penalty taker with a stat of 97 why is he my 6th (or later) to take a penalty
  • sooflyy
    175 posts Sunday League Hero
    custom tactics, everybody abuse the defend tactics.
  • DeDeputy
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pack weight, pack weight, and pack weight
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Apart from the obvious ones above, free kicks in my own half drive me mad - when you hold the stick towards your player who's in acres of space but the ball gets tapped straight ahead to their striker instead.

Also, through balls which go in completely the opposite direction to the direction you're holding, instead of the player in the perfect position to go through on goal it goes to the player who's got 2 defenders marking him. Or instead of a perfectly simple short through ball it plays it miles ahead of him to the defender or keeper.

Pressing the switch player button 18 times before it actually selects the player that you want.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Refs, tackles that go back to your opponent, and getting body slammed by Smalling.
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17062 posts World Class
    1. Moaning threads
    2. Fouls
    3. The fact I'm skint :s
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Lots of gripes, but I think it all comes down to input delay, or lag compensation, whatever you call it.

When your game is 0.5 or even just 0.3s behind your opponent, all the other issues start to happen:
    - Misplacing simple passes – because it passes to the spot where your player was standing 0.3s ago.
    - Lessened ability to skill – requires precise timing, which is difficult when your buttons aren't responding precisely.
    - Taking too long to shoot – like skills, requires somewhat precise timing.
    - Defenders lunging for balls that are clearly out of reach – because the defenders' brains are working 0.3s slower.
    - Player switching – the system reads where the ball was 0.3s ago, increasing the chance of switching to the 'wrong' player.

All this might be tolerable if the same delay was applied to your opponent. But nope, when there's a loser, there must be a winner. So your opponent enjoys super responsive gameplay and can literally play rondo with your defence.
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    #ButtonDelay
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    1. Button delay, unresponsive gameplay.
    2. OP A.I. controlled GK's deciding the outcomes of games.
    3. The postion of the radar, not being able to move it down so it's not obstructing my view.
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    There seems to be no real tangible difference between most cards, takes the point out of building an ultimate team.
    That stupid jazz hands thing Smalling does when he has knocked out my striker with no foul called.
    Standing directly in the way of the ball to intercept only for your bloke to step over it.
    Tackles you "win" that go straight back to their fella.
    Being chased by Martial / Son / Vardy anywhere on the pitch to get the ball back.
    Defender stepping up a couple of steps as the overhead through ball whizzes the other way.

On reflection, it appears I hate this game...
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    1. Smalling
    2. Kante
    3. Butland
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    #ButtonDelay

Yes it has to be this for everyone one who has it, some games are ridiculous, 2 to 3 seconds to respond sometimes, usually in key areas.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    1. Lag
    2. Refs
    3. Tackling issues
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    Why my Super multi million strikers have the same scoring record as my mid range strikers and they have the same records as Musa :/
  • DonKing
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    The non existent skill gap. Anyone can beat anyone.
  • Grifan
    1540 posts Play-Off Hero
    Defending chem styles and exploiting chem in game
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    EA keep saying there isnt momentum in this game but there is SOMETHING definitely. I just finished playing a game then and the game play was pretty good for me and was winning 2-1, then it felt like the button delay got worse for me as i couldnt pass straight , my players were very slow (they couldnt sprint and turning was hard, no ball control) and every rebound went back to him until he scored.

I heard ea uses lag compensation so those that have slower connections have a fair advantage against those that have a very fast connection. So maybe they somehow adjust the connection from player to play at times so one lags and the other is good and vice versa ?
  • Nauticius
    421 posts Sunday League Hero
    Refs
    High pressure abuse - players can run box to box whole game without getting tired
  • exzoo
    32104 posts National Team Captain
    The community
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Oh just lag
  • TheMightyBee
    3057 posts National Call-Up
    Card weight and the ridiculous requirements for some SBC, the greed is increasing each year.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    exzoo wrote: »
    The community

Do you think the community is like this though because how bad the game is and the things that are in the game that let players exploit the game ? Also the amount of things wrong with this fifa and no word from ea about fixing it so people are just frustrated and have to vent it either in game or on here (like i do).
  • El_Nino97
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fu$k EA TBH
  • o0OainavO0o
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    SBC cards that have the same ratings as a cheap in form version, de Rossi for example. The SBC cost far more than what his in form card will cost. They upgraded insigne but why not upgrade all other sbc cards that have achieved in forms.