Many doubts with tactics ingame, Whats the difference between "Team pressing" and "High pressure"?

Rubenr_rs
531 posts Sunday League Hero
edited May 2017
Hi guys, I have never use custom tactics and I thinks that is the moment, I'm gold 1 player every week and I think that if I learn how to use custom tactics in the correct way I can finally reach Elite 3.

Whats the difference between the "Team pressing" (activate it with the D-pad UP and then DOWN during a match) and the "High pressure" (activate it with the D-pad DOWN and then DOWN during a match) ?

Can you combine them?

Can you combine the tactics that you activate with the D-pad "UP" and the D-pad "DOWN" tactics?

What happen with your custom tactics when you activate one of the default customs tactics at the beginning of a match? Does the tactic I had previously made before a match change when I activate the default ones? How can I come back to my custom tactic ingame?

How can I use a default tactic with the D-pad like "team pressing" and "high pressure" without automatically change my custom tactics? I put speed 70, passes 65 and defence pressure 40 and when I activate a default tactic ingame they always change!! Also it come back to "offside" when I put defence "cover"!! :/

As you can read I have many doubts with custom tactics :neutral: because I have never used them..., I always play normal as the game starts till the end..... The only thing that I always change in my squads is the "defender line" and put it in "cover" (I really don't know why the default is "offside" :D LOL)

Help please :'(

Comments

• Rubenr_rs
    UP
  • anh2222
    628 posts Sunday League Hero
    high pressure = press higher up the field.
    team press = double team
  • Rubenr_rs
    anh2222 wrote: »
    team press = double team

Double team? What does that mean?

Which one is more powerful?
  • anh2222
    628 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rubenr_rs wrote: »
    team press = double team

I prefer high pressure when losing. You need fast defenders if u wanna use high pressure. I Never use team press.

• Rubenr_rs
    Rubenr_rs wrote: »
    team press = double team

I prefer high pressure when losing. You need fast defenders if u wanna use high pressure. I Never use team press.

My idea is use pressure at the game, from the beginning of the game to the end, I don't know which is the best way to use......

Or I just use a custom tactic and put 70-80 pressure with "cover" defence and don't move that default tactics?

• Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    One (High Pressure) is simply a preset custom tactic that then gets applied permanently, the other (team pressure) is a temporary tactical "move" for one posession, telling your team to NOW double-team and pressure the other team. Kinda like activating offside-trap via the tactical "move" is instantaneous but not permanent.
  • Rubenr_rs
    edited May 2017
    Whoman wrote: »
    One (High Pressure) is simply a preset custom tactic that then gets applied permanently, the other (team pressure) is a temporary tactical "move" for one posession, telling your team to NOW double-team and pressure the other team. Kinda like activating offside-trap via the tactical "move" is instantaneous but not permanent.

Really nice explained! Thanks

So, all tactics with the D-pad "UP" are instantaneous?
    And the ones with D-pad "DOWN" are permanent? And when using this remove my custom tactic? (Also the "cover" defence)? How can I come back to my custom tactic during a game? Without pausing
  • RadioShaq
    16176 posts Moderator
    You can't go back to your custom without pausing.
  • Wolver
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think (almost 100% sure) HIGH pressure is a TACTIC and TEAM PRESSURE is a COMMAND.

So, team pressure wears off after a few seconds.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    Your 100% correct
  • Nimmer
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wolver wrote: »
    I think (almost 100% sure) HIGH pressure is a TACTIC and TEAM PRESSURE is a COMMAND.

Is this confirmed? Source?

Or is it speculation based on your experiences?
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    High pressure custom tactic = how to react against ball holder (contain/normal/double), pressure /aggression CT value, it lasts all game or until you change to another custom tactic
    Team press quick tactic = all players are closer to a player they are covering, it only lasts until you regain possesion, you can switched it off again by clicking it again
  • boekkie
    962 posts Professional

This
  • LennySUFC
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    boekkie wrote: »

This

Which is why "Offside Trap" is under command, and the defence all push up as one...
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Nimmer wrote: »

I don't think there's official confirmation, but I have to agree with it based on my experiences. Everything in the UP menu is temporary, everything in the DOWN menu will last for the rest of the game.

This is also backed up by the fact that when you pause and go into the Tactics menu, only the 4 from the DOWN menu are displayed.
  • maksi
    All up commands are temporary.
  • Rubenr_rs
    edited May 2017
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Nimmer wrote: »

I don't think there's official confirmation, but I have to agree with it based on my experiences. Everything in the UP menu is temporary, everything in the DOWN menu will last for the rest of the game.

This is also backed up by the fact that when you pause and go into the Tactics menu, only the 4 from the DOWN menu are displayed.

I have been making some experiments and I can confirm this, UP is for temporal tactics, and DOWN is for permanent tactics for the remaining game......

But I have noticed something, Do you have the problem during a match when you press down the D-pad if you select "posesssion" or "counter attack" and then you pause the game, it is not selected that tactics in the menu and it is selected the custom one I previously made before a match?

With the other ones is fine, With the tactics "long ball" and "high pressure" it is all ok, and when I pause the game they are selected as I did with down command , it's ok .....,But the problem is with "possession" and "counter attack" it doesn't change anything and the custom tactic continue selected :neutral:

For example if I had 70 pressure with my custom tactic and press down and "counter attack" it continue with the custom tactic of 70 pressure from the start menu when it should be (I think) less than 30 pressure because it is supposed to be "counter attack", the same if I put 40 pressure previously on my custom tactic it doesn't change when I press down "counter attack" from the start menu and continue selected on my custom tactic
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    Sometimes the D-Pad instructions do not work... I don't know why.

So yes, sometimes if you select "counter attack" it will continue with your custom tactics.

The only way to confirm what is in use is to pause the game. I'm reluctant to do that but I do usually take advantage of the opponents pauses to check what is currently selected.

I reported it months ago, but obviously it hasn't been addressed yet.
  • PrimoNH
    5 posts Ball Boy
    A couple of Fifas ago maybe more around 10/11 there used to be a little diagram showing what each command does, the diagram showed team pressing to be used when the opposition were at the side of there own box kind of like what you want your team to do when the opposition have a throw near their corner flag, pin them in kind of thing.
  • Rubenr_rs
    Sometimes the D-Pad instructions do not work... I don't know why.

So yes, sometimes if you select "counter attack" it will continue with your custom tactics.

The only way to confirm what is in use is to pause the game. I'm reluctant to do that but I do usually take advantage of the opponents pauses to check what is currently selected.

I reported it months ago, but obviously it hasn't been addressed yet.

Big mistake from the game :neutral:

I am trying and I cant use it with the "counter attack" and "possession" inctructions

With "High pressure" and "Long passes" it works

With "Counter attack" and "Possession" it doesnt work, it continue with your custom tactics.
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/201777/do-all-the-d-pad-instructions-actually-work#latest

It's been broken for a long time... but doesn't affect everyone... I think it only affects online matches too.
  • SkillsPersonified
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The best thing which I would suggest to do is create a custom tactic yourself which allows you to feel comfortable in possession, then if you find you're getting played off the park change to the "high pressure" variant - because you know that one works for you. That way you have two clear game plans and I think that more than that causes confusion!
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    you get a lot of dummies spamming the high pressure "command" even when you tell them its the team pressing one they need to be using....thats on drop in matches.

can be very effective under the right control.
  • maksi
    edited May 2017
    High pressure default custom tactic can be very risky to use because it has offside trap instruction to defenders, so they don't follow runs behind the defense. But it can be deadly in the right hands of course.