OT: comments from EA quarterly earnings call

SH999
733 posts Semi-Pro
FIFA 17 expanded the reach of the world's biggest sports gaming franchise with more than 21 million players jumping into the game through the end of FY '17. Our creative teams, with the benefit of data and analytics from our network, delivered The Journey, a new story mode in FIFA 17 that has engaged more than 12 million players to date. With story mode having brought in many new players, we also saw more of our prayers go deeper. Our FIFA Ultimate Team player base grew 13% year-over-year through the end of Q4. Ultimate Team is also the gateway to our eSports competition for both Madden NFL and FIFA. Within the broad Ultimate Team communities, more than 10 million players participated in competitive matches in the first year of our tournaments, and our global spectator audience continues to grow.

Comments

• reddrum26
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2017
    And yet they cant fix the servers
  • AlexM1218
    715 posts Semi-Pro
    reddrum26 wrote: »
    And yet they cant fix the servers

If they fixed the servers, and added absolutely nothing new in FUT 18, I'd be perfectly fine with it
  • SH999
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    They have a 33 billion dollar market cap. Unless people stop buying their products, they have no reason to do anything differently. Sad but true.
  • Retro_G
    27333 posts Player of the Year
    SH999 wrote: »
    They have a 33 billion dollar market cap. Unless people stop buying their products, they have no reason to do anything differently. Sad but true.

If they want to grow their eSport scene, they will work on improving thier netcode for fut champions.
  • BrentfordFC
    11139 posts Has That Special Something
    Who cares. Join pes
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Who cares. Join pes
    I'd rather **** with a cheese grater than play pes
  • Any tym7
    1378 posts Professional
    Fix ur servers its embarrassing
  • Heppers
    3254 posts National Call-Up
    Who cares. Join pes

Only bad FIFA players suggest playing pes
  • VanBasten12
    6783 posts Big Money Move
    Stats can be misleading...
    •How many were "so captivated" by the Journey, that they actually completed it. Sure there will be some hardcore people here that would have done it (a poll here would not be a fair representation), but I reckon of those 12 million that "engaged in it" - the completion ratio would have been <10%. I certainly didn't.

Would be great to actually see how they put these numbers together, to delve in deeper (I'm a stats kinda guy) ... but I guess that will never happen.
  • Runefang
    6045 posts Big Money Move
    Stats can be misleading...
    •How many were "so captivated" by the Journey, that they actually completed it. Sure there will be some hardcore people here that would have done it (a poll here would not be a fair representation), but I reckon of those 12 million that "engaged in it" - the completion ratio would have been <10%. I certainly didn't.

Would be great to actually see how they put these numbers together, to delve in deeper (I'm a stats kinda guy) ... but I guess that will never happen.

It's a press release, they'll be as positive as they can for sure.