This team and defending

Jaymizzo
2383 posts Fans' Favourite
edited May 2017
So been playing with a team around my favorite IRL players (Reus, Ozil, Sanchez, Vidal, Keita and Leno). So far, those players have so far lived up to my expectations and even at 7 chem, Reus is my top scorer.
f3Z8PHTMy5e.png

Now my problem lies with the defensive players. Can't really find players to fit the defense. Been using Boateng (untradeable) and moving defenders in and out (SIF Sokratis, Hummels, OTW Mustafi, Chiellini - Barzagli) and seem to suffer the same defensive deficiencies. The work rates don't really seem to make much of a difference. I thought low-high would mean my defenders would sit back more often but Chiellini was still out of positions in most cases.

Set my custom tactics to deep, contain and cover. But still, cant seem to have a steady back line. At times Boateng would be covering midfield. I can understand with Keita, but I have both him and Vidal on stay back while attacking.

Any suggestions? Do defenders really make much of a difference. About to sell TIF Sokratis as I didnt find him worth the 70k.

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4879 posts Big Money Move
    You need med/med defender next to boetank, sokrstis 88, and 86 pisztec fit very nice, but your problem is in the middle, you don't have a true CDM in there
  • ozcs_69
    4879 posts Big Money Move
    and that gk is just bad, 84 fahrman is better
  • HishamAyman
    3254 posts National Call-Up
    Brooks 84 and Piszczek 86, and as the guy above said, main problem is in the midfield, I have 88 sokratis and he is a beast
  • Alford1995
    3741 posts National Call-Up
    sokratis one of best cbs on the game so i think your problem lies elsewhere mate tbh
  • Danledge95
    4593 posts Big Money Move
    swap latzia for bender or khedera (on stay back) and then stick bonucci and Litchenstiner behind him... with bender go for sokratis and Lahm if you want to truely defend with your RB
  • Psymon_v
    674 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SIF Brooks is the CB you want. The best CB I've used and filthy cheap. Seriously, go check out his IG stats with a shadow.
  • pha007
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bundes.jpg

Our squads are similar. I am quite happy with Sokratis and Piszczek and Vidal plays better as CDM.

Reus and Robben are in the subs. I use them in the 2nd half. I change formation to 4 3 2 1
  • Jaymizzo
    @pha007 @Psymon_v @Danledge95 @Alford1995 @HishamAyman and @ozcs_69 cheers for the replies guys, posted this late at night so passe out after.

@ozcs_69 I figured Keita might be a problem but I tried mitigating that with having Chiellini and Barzagli to no avail. Same problems. I do recognise that having a H/M DM is problematic but can't find a place for him without losing Chem on Reus.

I have 89 Thiago and 83 Can to experiment with, also got the Belgian CDM (name escapes me) who I sub on if I want to kill of the game, but he is often forward when his workrates are M/H.

I have 84 Fahram, so might start using him and sell Leno.

@HishamAyman Will check out Brooks to see how he fits into my team. Cheers for the suggestion.

@HishamAyman @Alford1995 I still have Sokratis but was very close to selling him last night. Gonna try and move things about, maybe sub off Latza for a true DM to see how that plays out.

@Danledge95 might go for Lahm, like him as a player and person. Will see if I can free up funds for him. Could potentially solve the need for my defenders to be out of position if he is covering.

@Psymon_v will check him out.

@pha007 very nice team would be dreadful to play against. Pace and height upfront with a ridiculous midfield set up. Hows Vidal at CDM?
  • Jaymizzo
    @pha007 Off topic but the colour of your team (cards) is nice. Wish I did SBC Vidal. Can't justify paying the extra for 87 Keita. Ridiculous stats though.
  • MRBIG71
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited May 2017

I have a similar team and same formation as well.

Meh1.jpg

• Jaymizzo
    MRBIG71 wrote: »
    I have a similar team and same formation as well.

Meh1.jpg

Do you ever notice your defenders pushing up or out of position?
  • MRBIG71
    I never notice my CB's moving up or out of position. My LB and RB can move up and overlap on the sides of the pitch, but never too bad (unless of course I am controlling them and moving them up on my own). I know others said Keita is not a true CDM, but to me, he kind of plays like Kante. He is just a machine - all over the pitch. I don't mind him pushing up because he has the ability to recover and get back defensively.
  • MRBIG71
    edited May 2017
    Btw, this is my alternate team I use (I guess you would call it the "fitness squad") with same formation.

Meh2.jpg
  • Jaymizzo
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    So been playing with a team around my favorite IRL players (Reus, Ozil, Sanchez, Vidal, Keita and Leno). So far, those players have so far lived up to my expectations and even at 7 chem, Reus is my top scorer.
    f3Z8PHTMy5e.png

So decided to sell Leno and Sokratis and sitting on about 200k with Thiago left to sell and 120k with of other players to sell.

Was thinking of going for the Series A defensive duo and IF Don (TOTS when he drops) as the GK with IF Lahm (TOTS when he drops) as the RB to keep Chem.

Do you guys reckon Chiellini + Barzagli/Bonnuci would work better than Boateng - Brooks ?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    16679 posts World Class
    IF vogt deserves a shout....guys a beast.
  • Jaymizzo
    Decided to settle with this team instead.
    oPXW1UcWLEj.png

Really could not figure out who to pick between Boateng - Brooks/Sokratis and Mov Barzagli - Chiellini, so went with best of both. Switch Lahm to CDM at half time and sub on either Alaba or Bellerin (currently been using Bellerin since 50k for Alaba seems wasted as a sub).

If I had the funds, this would be my final team (and if Lahm gets a position change SBC) If not, then Goretzka as the CDM.
    pPuHJzfTteW.png