Do you think UT should be free and stand alone ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
With the amount of money they make with in game transactions i think it should be free. This is the only game mode i play. PES has released their mode stand alone and free and i think UT should be free and stand alone as well.

Comments

• mHazard
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Ofc it should be free but why would they do it as Fifa is always top seller each year?
  • RadioShaq
    15975 posts Moderator
    Servers are already full. Would be better if people quit than more joined.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    mHazard wrote: »
    Ofc it should be free but why would they do it as Fifa is always top seller each year?

Maybe if people didnt have to pay for this game people would spend more on fifa points haha.
  • Dowls98
    307 posts Sunday League Hero
    JonRambo wrote: »

Maybe if people didnt have to pay for this game people would spend more on fifa points haha.

I'm sure they're getting more than enough game and pack sales. No need to release a free version, unless it's in poorer countries, which they have done.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3869 posts National Call-Up
    It's the only part of the game you play, so it should be free.

Makes sense.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Maybe people would complain less about the game also if it were free. I know i would as i sold my physucal copy ages ago and bought a digital copy and regretted it. So now im stuck with it.
  • jbunnerz
    1310 posts Professional
    Poor business knowledge. You use the free version to get people to use the product to increase your market.

As PES is very much the number 2 product they use the free version to get you to play because charging would mean a far fewer players. Fifa has no need to offer a free version
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

People will still buy points on top of paying for the game...
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class

I'm guessing the majority of people don't buy fifa points so EA would probably just lose money.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Rumplefish wrote: »

I'm guessing the majority of people don't buy fifa points so EA would probably just lose money.

Exactly this, I put zero in after buying the game and if it's free I'm also putting zero in. Also I don't believe the PES free mode is actually the full version of the mode but I could be wrong on that as I don't play it.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    jbunnerz wrote: »
    Poor business knowledge. You use the free version to get people to use the product to increase your market.
    you don't want to increase the market if you're already struggling with current traffic on servers

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why would they change a business model that works? If you've got a cash cow like FIFA and UT you milk it for all it's worth.
  • jbunnerz
    1310 posts Professional
    maksi wrote: »
    jbunnerz wrote: »
    you don't want to increase the market if you're already struggling with current traffic on servers

I'm not aware of the pes server status I don't use it