Do you think the new game engine is the cause of all the problems ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
With the lag in games, button delay, Ai running into eachother, stupid goal keepers, balls keep going through players legs and the magnet ball ?

I never got any of these problems in previous fifa games and i think its down mainly to the new game engine they are using in this fifa. And i think their servers are just a bit to blame but mainly the engine imo, as i get most of this stuff even in single player except the button delay and lag.

Comments

• FC Maexle
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    no
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 2017
    I don't think it's the new engine. If you used the old it's not like you wouldn't have these problems.

The thing is before FUT 17 we didn't have such a hardcore mode like WL to make people play each game to death and push the game mechanics to the limit. That's why it seems so big but truth is we always had game breaking problems in any fifa
  • FC Maexle
    2063 posts Fans' Favourite
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    I don't think it's the new engine. If you used the old it's not like you wouldn't have these problems.

The thing is before FUT 17 we didn't have such a hardcore mode like WL to make people play each game to death and push the game mechanics to the limit. That's why it seems so big but truth is we always had game breaking problems in any fifa

• JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Well even in the replays i see players arms and bodys passing through eachother, i dont remember that in the previous fifa games. They used to be able to run through that camera guy on the sideline but not eachother
  • BOBBYFRAY
    771 posts Semi-Pro
    It's been bad for years. Perhaps not this bad though.
  • Jose9Reyes
    37 posts Last Pick at the Park

This is a good point. I used to be finished with FUT after about a month or two. This is the longest I have put time into it and probably like so for many other users.
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 2017
    BOBBYFRAY wrote: »

Pretty much this. And stupid things like this in the 120th minute for me last night. Watch how Pjanic finishes after a couple of rebound tackles and tell me the engine isn't a mess!

• Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    perhaps. the card collecting part has totally outstripped the gameplay. the game is in a sorry state and EA know it. The marketing plan is to overwhelm the gameplay issues with special cards and SBCs .

i bought the game to play it. I would be happy with NO Ifs, NO special cards and great gameplay. I think Im ion the minority though
  • Nathlee123
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Xtc wrote: »
    perhaps. the card collecting part has totally outstripped the gameplay. the game is in a sorry state and EA know it. The marketing plan is to overwhelm the gameplay issues with special cards and SBCs .

i bought the game to play it. I would be happy with NO Ifs, NO special cards and great gameplay. I think Im ion the minority though

100% with you. They have concentrated on EVERYTHING but the necessities. I'd take no totw, hero, motm etc and have smooth gameplay and solid servers.

But cards make money, good gameplay doesn't and that's the way it will always be sadly.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    TWS001 wrote: »

Pretty much this. And stupid things like this in the 120th minute for me last night. Watch how Pjanic finishes after a couple of rebound tackles and tell me the engine isn't a mess!

Yep and the reason its even more frustrating with all its issues is the people that play this game dab on you after all that lol.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Xtc wrote: »

I made a topic anout too many IF cards a while back and not many agreed with me. I said do you think EA is concentrating too much on IF cards and not worried about fixing the game (probably because they cant) because the engine is broken or they just cant be bothered, so instead they have to get as much money as they can with all these IF cards instead.

They just dont care about their customers full stop and there is nothing we can do unless the whole community stand up for each other but they wont.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite

Yup, it was pretty bad last year too. I think people just forget.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    edited May 2017

@Viggo 007 this happened to me in the last game. So you still dont think its the game engine :wink:

• maksi
    6649 posts Big Money Move
    you maked beginner mistake by manually tackle, git gud

• SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    No it's alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems :wink:
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up

Yup, it was pretty bad last year too. I think people just forget.

was a lot worse for me last year....
  • maksi
    edited May 2017
    I think those maxed out 99 stats in FUT really push the engine out of what is capable of handling, physics goes out of the window.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    maksi wrote: »
    I think those maxed out 99 stats in FUT really push the engine out of what is capable of handling, physics goes out of the window.

Or maybe its badly optimized for sports games and cant handle them ? Anyone ever try Rory Mcilroys golf on ps4 or pc or xbone ? That was the first sports game to use the frostbite engine (same engine as fifa) and it was slow and unresponsive and laggy and that was in single player as well.

I still think this engine isnt too good for sports games or needs alot more optimization so it can handle them.
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    you maked beginner mistake by manually tackle, git gud

:lol:

• Lasershot112
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The game is just utter garbage. I don´t like how I don´t get rewarded when I play good football but when I go on the counter and do dabs after goals and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I win most of my games
  • Ronaldo
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    I think this fifa is the best in years
  • Lasershot112
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ronaldo wrote: »

Gameplay wise too? I mean I havent played this much since FIFA 14 (even though I didnt buy 16) so you have a point there
  • Yetko
    503 posts Sunday League Hero
    This game has so many problems its so f***ed up
    The developers have no idea about real football
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional

Couldn't disagree more... Teleporting super humam ai defenders? Refs allowing UFC style challenges without a card? Lag? Ptb counter attack every fecking game? Completely messed up physics?...

Why do you think this heavily AI assised game is the best?
  • Honeybadgers19822
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special

lol really? Either you have never played 11, 12 and 13 or you play only offline...

• maksi
    edited May 2017
    If you were actually good in old fifa games it doesn't benefit you in fifa 17 because everything that worked before was nerfed to oblivion and replaced by AI interference. It's actually hard to switch from manual control to automatic because you do it without even thinking.

I bet if fifa 18 is going to be more manual many fifa 17 top players will be at the bottom where they belong with their crappy gamey tactic.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    If you were actually good in old fifa games it doesn't benefit you in fifa 17 because everything that worked before was nerfed to oblivion and replaced by AI interference. It's actually hard to switch from manual control to automatic because you do it without even thinking.

I bet if fifa 18 is going to be more manual many fifa 17 top players will be at the bottom where they belong with their crappy gamey tactic.

If anything the other fifas required 0 skill to sprint with Ibarbo and be 1v1 with the keeper
  • maksi
    edited May 2017
    If anything the other fifas required 0 skill to sprint with Ibarbo and be 1v1 with the keeper
    at least that was manual offence vs. manual defence in fifa 15, in fifa 17 you need a skill to beat AI defence not the player

but why then even playing online
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    Game engine isn't the problem, prob doesn't help though.

I am a long time non-believer in scripting, handicapping, momentum etc, but some games really do test that belief. I am really struggling in the second half of games. It's nothing my opponent is doing, it's my players and their inability to do **** all.

Played 7 games now, record is 3-4. Have been in front every game, just for the second half my players to down tools. Here's the half time stats from my last game.

Ended up losing 3-2, his keeper making wonder saves, mine letting in everything, including the inevitable 90th minute BS goal.

Will plod on but suspect this will be my last WL, possibly for the rest of the title. Got millions in coins through gameplay/trading (zero Fifa points) can literally buy pretty much buy anyone. Only reason I do WL is for the red cards and with TOTS around the corner, that isn't much of an incentive. Got better things to do at weekends than fight EA BS game after game.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    ea can deny it all they want.
    Call it an elo system which applies different lag comp.
    or maybe it alters stats for a period of time say just after you score.

something defo happens.

they went full stasi on it customers...never a good sign.