Why do my perfect tackles get punished ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
edited May 2017
Sometimes i find it hard to do perfect tackles in WL with the button delay and lag and most of the time when i do great tackles the ball goes back to my opponent.

Why does EA do this ? It makes the game even more frustrating then it already is, then my opponent seems to have all the luck, sucks.

Sometimes i have to tackle the ball over 5 times in a row from my opponent before i get a rebound and sometimes my tackles go straight through to my opponent and hes away on goal and scores.
Post edited by JonRambo on

Comments

• paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    Because your tackling, not just running into them.

Ea rules football.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because the game doesn't reward good play
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's the most annoying thing about this game.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    Don't tackle yourself and let AI do it, git gud.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    Because the game doesn't reward good play

This, this pretty much sums it lol
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    edited May 2017
    Sometimes i just say while im playing, "just hurry up and score so i can get the ball back"
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1190 posts Professional
    Because your tackling, not just running into them.

Ea rules football.

• ContraCode64
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    For the same reason the ball often goes through a players legs when you try to cut a passing lane. Sometimes the game just punishes manual input for whatever reason.

I scored a goal earlier where my opponent tackled my SBC Suarez twice, but the ball stuck to me like glue anyway and I broke through to score. Given I'd hit the post twice beforehand, I felt I was due some luck, but ultimately I made two bad choices on the ball and still got rewarded at the end.

EA can pretend they've made the game more competitive and 'esport ready' all they like, but the gameplay itself tells a different story.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    FIFA 17 is a RNG game with manual input here and there to boost an odd to win. The sooner you can realize that fact the better you will become.
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    esports would be 2 players with equal parameters playing to see who is the best.
    The internet is the biggest stumbling block for that.
    Fut has a problem where its not equal.
    If they had normal seasons for esports or a choice of any players you wanted then you could argue more in favour that its would be esports ready.

the way fut works now it isnt.