Why does the ball go through the players legs so often ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
So many times my player tries to tackle and the ball goes through his legs. Sometimes it can happen about 4 or 5 times in a row before a goal is scored.

In a real game there is lucky to be 2 nutmegs the whole game, in my games there is about 20 or more per game.

What is up with this. ?

Comments

• bahvu
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    LT+RT moving, 50x berbaspins per game, scooping almost every pass, 1 man running solo and scoring from kickoff etc. This game is nothing near real football.
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    H&M
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Try not play with a team with high end players or so many special cards. You should know what I'm saying.
  • silverdale10
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Try not play with a team with high end players or so many special cards. You should know what I'm saying.

I've added a fair few IF's/Specials and an 88 and 89 rated in recent weeks since the prices have come down and I'm finding this out.

It's fine if I'm up against somebody with equally decent cards but if I'm playing somebody with mostly non-rares, less than 80 rated, I'm in serious trouble.

Played against an all bronze team in the DK's the other day, I couldn't make simple passes or take the ball from him, it was the most difficult game I've ever played and lost 2-0. I had the one-side delay against me but I have that a lot, this was just worse than anything I'd ever experienced.

• JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional

Does that help ?
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect

I've added a fair few IF's/Specials and an 88 and 89 rated in recent weeks since the prices have come down and I'm finding this out.

It's fine if I'm up against somebody with equally decent cards but if I'm playing somebody with mostly non-rares, less than 80 rated, I'm in serious trouble.

Played against an all bronze team in the DK's the other day, I couldn't make simple passes or take the ball from him, it was the most difficult game I've ever played and lost 2-0. I had the one-side delay against me but I have that a lot, this was just worse than anything I'd ever experienced.

Lol mate. same here. :D
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    The game deciding that the ball shouldn't be taken at that moment. On so many occasions (both for and against me) I end up saying "There is no better position the defender could have possible put himself in." Be it getting megged on a dribble or the game making the defender, user controlled or not, lunging for an intercepting and the ball slipping through their legs.
  • truegunn3r
    10226 posts Has That Special Something
    JonRambo wrote: »

Does that help ?

That's EA alright. Get punished for building 'The Ultimate Team' in Ultimate Team mode.