OT. TV Shows that are over/cancelled that you'd like to see brought back.

Comments

• Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Worm wrote: »
    C'mon, over half of you are out of your mind.

Sons was awesome but for anyone who watched it week in and week out it drug some things out far too long and took forever to finish. The only thing out of all the seasons that happened at a good time, if you can call it that, was Opie (not spoiling).

Entourage: it took ages, freaking ages to finish. The guy humor was incredible but yet again, a lot of the things just took forever. At some point the creativity ends, as evidenced by the movie.

Prison Break sucked in the middle. Like really bad.

Weeds was horrific once the Mexican crap started, so was Nip/Tuck if anyone watched it past the 2nd season. They, like Prison Break suffered from writer fatigue (and the strike) and just lost their way.

Dexter.......you have to be kidding me. After Julia Styles entered the scene it tanked like hell. Two seasons of sexual tension between a serial killer and his sister were the plot line. Are you freaking serious you wanted to see more incest?

The Shield was never mentioned and thanks for not doing so as it suffered the same fate as the rest.

The Wire ended perfectly, just stop!

I absolutely loved ALL of these shows, they're all great but they all had to end and they all needed to condense more than they did and end sooner.

The Walking Dead could learn from some of these and from the success of Breaking Bad and cut to the chase a little more. Look at its numbers, loved the show but this last season was complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Stop giving fillers and get on with it, kill freaking Ricks dumbass.

The only show that comes to mind 100% is Deadwood. They cut it too short.
    Why do you watch these shows if you're just gonna complain about them?
  • Shaanxz
    21726 posts Club Captain
    My wife and kids
  • P
    7778 posts League Winner

@ people or youre snake, stupid hipster, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ or something :trollface:
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move

Sons was awesome but for anyone who watched it week in and week out it drug some things out far too long and took forever to finish. The only thing out of all the seasons that happened at a good time, if you can call it that, was Opie (not spoiling).

Entourage: it took ages, freaking ages to finish. The guy humor was incredible but yet again, a lot of the things just took forever. At some point the creativity ends, as evidenced by the movie.

Weeds was horrific once the Mexican crap started, so was Nip/Tuck if anyone watched it past the 2nd season. They, like Prison Break suffered from writer fatigue (and the strike) and just lost their way.

Dexter.......you have to be kidding me. After Julia Styles entered the scene it tanked like hell. Two seasons of sexual tension between a serial killer and his sister were the plot line. Are you freaking serious you wanted to see more incest?

The Shield was never mentioned and thanks for not doing so as it suffered the same fate as the rest.

I absolutely loved ALL of these shows, they're all great but they all had to end and they all needed to condense more than they did and end sooner.

The Walking Dead could learn from some of these and from the success of Breaking Bad and cut to the chase a little more. Look at its numbers, loved the show but this last season was complete ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Stop giving fillers and get on with it, kill freaking Ricks dumbass.

Deadwood ... what a show! C%#ksucker ...

Amazing.
  • Worm
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    Painter753 wrote: »

Ummmm, read the post there junior and try again.

"I absolutely loved ALL of these shows, they're all great but they all had to end and they all needed to condense more than they did and end sooner."
  • krakos000
    17689 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    krakos000 wrote: »
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Inbetweeners

This!!

Not the American one though :trollface:

Ugh I watched the first episode of that when it came out and almost threw up in my mouth lol. Love the original show and I've rewatched it numerous times.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner

"I absolutely loved ALL of these shows, they're all great but they all had to end and they all needed to condense more than they did and end sooner."
    Am I wrong that you didn't complain about half of them? "Are you freaking serious you wanted to see more incest?" That's how you talk about shows you absolutely love?

You're weird bro. Get a grip
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    They are making a Deadwood film right? Hope it's not terrible
  • Worm

Am I wrong that you didn't complain about half of them? "Are you freaking serious you wanted to see more incest?" That's how you talk about shows you absolutely love?

So I can't have criticism of things that I still like? Quit being a moron.

Ever keep watching your Steelers and wish they'd just do a little bit better or a little more. Ever wish Big Ben didn't wreck a motorcycle, get in a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ case, stay healthy? Complain that you really wish he wouldn't/would have? Ever wish Polomalu would have stayed in his prime and healthy longer?

Oh yeah......I'm sure you did complain about it at some point but I also bet you still watch and keep watching. Get a grip, You're weird bro.
  • VanBasten12

I totally get the general theme of his post. The reality is that many are quoting shows (albeit personal preference) that have simply dragged on ... way too long.

I'll say it again - like of Firefly is one that was certainly CANCELLED before it's time. There are others where they have recorded a specific ending - whether we like it or not.

Saying Sons should return, is probably the most daft comment of them all. How the heck is the next season of that going to start?!?!
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    edited May 2017

I totally get the general theme of his post. The reality is that many are quoting shows (albeit personal preference) that have simply dragged on ... way too long.

I'll say it again - like of Firefly is one that was certainly CANCELLED before it's time. There are others where they have recorded a specific ending - whether we like it or not.

Saying Sons should return, is probably the most daft comment of them all. How the heck is the next season of that going to start?!?!
    Prison Break managed it :D
  • Worm

They've discussed it and to start up the show again as well. I've seen there is a movie script but not that the actual movie is in production. Also hope they don't screw it up, the show was great and just got cancelled for some reason. People watched it and HBO just canned it.

I guess the good thing that came of it was Olyphant went on to do Justified, another really good show.
  • VanBasten12
    edited May 2017

Well, caught up with the last 2 episodes. Seriously, they should've just dropped it. Lincoln can't even open his mouth - horrible actor (which is sad to say!).

As mentioned previously - S1 and S2 were brilliant. 3 tanked and how they managed to get the studio to green-light a 4th ... SMH.
    Let's escape with a spoon and string ... Hilarious?!?!
  • VanBasten12

They've discussed it and to start up the show again as well. I've seen there is a movie script but not that the actual movie is in production. Also hope they don't screw it up, the show was great and just got cancelled for some reason. People watched it and HBO just canned it.

I guess the good thing that came of it was Olyphant went on to do Justified, another really good show.

Justified was a bit more than that. The combination of great screen writers with an absolutely amazing cast (not everyone was a big name actor) made for one of the best.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Entourage
    Friends
    IT Crowd
    2 pints of Lager and a packet of Crisps
    How Not to live your life

So I'm not the only one who liked that TV show. IT Crowd was hilarious as well.

Yes mate!

That was a great show.Treacher lol.
  • Worm
    edited May 2017

Well, caught up with the last 2 episodes. Seriously, they should've just dropped it. Lincoln can't even open his mouth - horrible actor (which is sad to say!).

As mentioned previously - S1 and S2 were brilliant. 3 tanked and how they managed to get the studio to green-light a 4th ... SMH.

Season 3 sucked because of the writers strike. It also hurt Lost, Nip/Tuck, The Unit (good show), and a lot of an Office season.

Justified was a bit more than that. The combination of great screen writers with an absolutely amazing cast (not everyone was a big name actor) made for one of the best.

Yeah, was a bit more. I loved that show.

How did FX and AMC come out of no where to start throwing some of the best at us? FX used to just be Joe Rogan making people eat weird crap and UFC reruns along with AMC being nothing but black and white flicks.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4102 posts National Call-Up
    hit first--ask later B)

The_Professionals_title_card.jpg
  • VanBasten12

Season 3 sucked because of the writers strike. It also hurt Lost, Nip/Tuck, The Unit (good show), and a lot of an Office season.

Yeah, was a bit more. I loved that show.

How did FX and AMC come out of no where to start throwing some of the best at us? FX used to just be Joe Rogan making people eat weird crap and UFC reruns along with AMC being nothing but black and white flicks.

Yeah - that writer's strike ... :open_mouth:

On AMC ... they are incredible. The most authentic producer of TV series - Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, Halt and Catch Fire. All of those for their specific eras were spot on. Enjoyed others too like The Killing, Feed The Beast, The Night Manager, Rubicon,

Didn't even want to mention The Unit here (was not sure many might know it). Was disgusted when that was cancelled.
  • Fab
    19488 posts World Class
    Fab wrote: »
    Firefly, Freaks and Geeks

SEEMS I FORGOT HANNIBAL
  • Davey Sprockett
    4366 posts National Call-Up
    I'd love to have seen more Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Reaper and The Shield.

No ... just no! It had to end.

Pushing Daisies & The Shield - agree to those.

I just hated the way it ended.

Kinda on a massive downer, when the show itself was mostly fun and upbeat.

@VanBasten12
  • VanBasten12
    I'd love to have seen more Chuck, Pushing Daisies, Reaper and The Shield.

No ... just no! It had to end.

Pushing Daisies & The Shield - agree to those.

I just hated the way it ended.

Kinda on a massive downer, when the show itself was mostly fun and upbeat.

@VanBasten12

Got you. It's a challenge when a show starts losing ratings (for the studios) but more importantly for us, as fans, it loses momentum. There were some great episodes in this one - loved it at times.

Then it got quite cheesy. In the end, it was as if the relationship was always doomed.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    Fantasy Football with Skinner, Baddiel.
  • BrentfordFC
    13456 posts Has That Special Something
    P wrote: »
    So many terrible suggestions of things that were ended well or comedies that never had any direction. Each to their own though.

RT them mert.
  • Jwalls5096
    1064 posts Professional
    The riches
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner
    @VanBasten12 have you got around to watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet?
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    SF9 wrote: »
    @VanBasten12 have you got around to watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet?
    Best comedy of the past decade tbh
  • Worm

Good show
  • SF9
    9117 posts League Winner
    Best comedy of the past decade tbh

Good show

U guys know. VanBasten said he wasn't a fan of sitcoms but I convinced him that It's Always Sunny isn't like any other "sitcom", so he said he'd give it a watch when he has free time
  • VanBasten12
    edited May 2017

Ah mate ... I've tried, must admit. I know you said I shouldn't judge the first season - 2 episodes in and gave up. I haven't had much time tbh, had to finish a couple of others (Bosch S3) :blush:

Must admit too, don't have the best stream (using Kodi). Netflix in NZ has been nerfed by Sky TV (real ❤️❤️❤️❤️!).