RIP Weekend League

PhilP
1992 posts Fans' Favourite
2 weeks time which also points that MC is next week.

"Max 8 gold players in starting 11 and subs."

Comments

• LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Silvers and bronzes get TOTS cards too ;)
  • mascherano16
    1179 posts Professional
    You're talking about the qualifiers or the actual WL?
  • Job188
    1722 posts Play-Off Hero
    You're talking about the qualifiers or the actual WL?

actual WL
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    It's not too bad tbh. Put some OP silver defenders in. Sorted.
  • Devers
    7768 posts League Winner
    who would be the 'op' silvers?

• WTFsmirky08
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    Devers wrote: »

Denayer, Ake, Lukaku, Fabio etc
  • Pxul_
    11470 posts Has That Special Something
    mls
  • Job188
    1722 posts Play-Off Hero
    Devers wrote: »

Denayer, Ake, Lukaku, Fabio etc

Zuniga
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    Lul. Coming to the point when people build their end teams is when they do this. gg
  • PhilP
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Lul. Coming to the point when people build their end teams is when they do this. gg

thats the point. You cannot have 2 teams unless if you go for more silvers.
  • Mini_Miudo
    PhilP wrote: »

I always play 1 team so not really a problem. Just annoying I can't use my team, but I guess it's something different, might be fun.
  • PhilP

I always play 1 team so not really a problem. Just annoying I can't use my team, but I guess it's something different, might be fun.

I played the qualifying tournament with the same restriction for the pack (already qualified). I'm a steady gold player. Although I won it first time around, I found it difficult to get my team playing.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Well we already had a taste of it a few times during the qualifiers. And I swear every team is the same: high-rated EPL with Fosu-Mensah, Schlupp and Jenkinson.
  • hayhor1
    15078 posts World Class

This. EA is about as dumb as a company can get.
  • MoUnited7869
    992 posts Professional
    What a stupid fu!king idea
  • Gooner
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    They should have done that you had to use just silvers, would have been awesome
  • Mini_Miudo
    Gooner wrote: »
    They should have done that you had to use just silvers, would have been awesome

But not now. You don't start releasing TOTS with loads of gold players people wanna use and go "yo, use silvers brah"... I admit it would have been (and still is) quite interesting to see in WL, but it'd be better if they had done it a couple weeks/months ago.
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    why are you guys complaining there's a going to be a bunch of OP silver tots mc cards. it's only one weekend.

just wait till the weekend afterwards when you'll need PL players ;)
  • n2j2000
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    Stupid mormons at EA. Game mode called ultimate team where the aim is to build your ultimate team. WL the most competitive mode in UT which should be full of the best possible teams. EA logic, let's force people to play with silver and bronze garbage players! WL should always be no restrictions. Qualifiers and tournaments, fair enough have restrictions on them no problem.
  • Mini_Miudo
    mMounirm wrote: »
    why are you guys complaining there's a going to be a bunch of OP silver tots mc cards. it's only one weekend.

Most of them will most likely have trash links, trash positions, trash WF and skill moves and I do not wanna buy silver TOTS cards to be sold after the WL and lose a ton on tax. lol

And they better not make WLs coinciding with TOTS releases, otherwise full PL, full Serie A, full La Liga, etc. is gonna be boring AF. Again.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2017

Most of them will most likely have trash links, trash positions, trash WF and skill moves and I do not wanna buy silver TOTS cards to be sold after the WL and lose a ton on tax. lol

And they better not make WLs coinciding with TOTS releases, otherwise full PL, full Serie A, full La Liga, etc. is gonna be boring AF. Again.

If they really do that we can call an end to the WL, I didn't grind it week after week having my Ultimate Team in mind just to be forced to use other players I don't want to play with
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Think they've decided to do this because there's so many coins about because of the WL rewards all season long.

I'll enjoy the challenge of using players I haven't used. Gives the game a bit more depth.

As for the people moaning about not being able to use their "ultimate team", since when has Butland ever been a goalkeeper you most want to use? The rating of the card does not dictate how good a player is.
  • Mini_Miudo
    LolI've just replaced 3 players in my team with silvers and gg my team is ready, but I had to drop POTY Kante. -_-
  • Dowls98
    307 posts Sunday League Hero

I wonder if they'll do this and even change the rewards up a little to give you league specific packs.
  • Pipita
    639 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LolI've just replaced 3 players in my team with silvers and gg my team is ready, but I had to drop POTY Kante. -_-

What players did u use mate?
  • Mini_Miudo
    IF Ukra, Fosu-Mensah and Nano (LB).
  • Pxul_
    11470 posts Has That Special Something
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    Amartey is up to 100k lol.

Might go full EFL Championship, some fun looking cards down there.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    2 weeks time which also points that MC is next week.

"Max 8 gold players in starting 11 and subs."

Am I the only one thinking that this requirement makes sense for MC TOTS because of the silver MC? So TOTS would start two weeks from today, not next week

I had a thread about this, they're def gonna do something to encourage you to use the current TOtS for WL. So I bet in three weeks you'll need at least 6 players from BPL or something
  • Tonywattzeefuik
    1175 posts Professional
    Be fun using players i dont ever use ill stick if king at cam ryan fraser lm and amartey cb