Do people still bother to try qualify for WL ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
I havent done it for about 1 month now because of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers. But i had ago the other day (and the servers are still bad) but seems not many good players play it anymore or maybe i just got lucky ?

As i won every game by more then 4 goals and even won the Final 4-0.

I reckon alot of people have given it up because of the button delay.

Comments

• SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, not only that, they even play 40 games each weekend...
  • shez82
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Restricting the amount of times you can win it has made the standard worse, for me though its pretty much always been bad
  • El_Nino97
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I usually get through divisions but havent played weekend league in 6 weeks and its been the best 6 weeks compared to when I used to grind them WL games
  • Liam W
    2753 posts Fans' Favourite
    A lot of best people qualify through gold 3 or div 1 so don't need to enter.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Yeah 40 games is way too much. Anyone know the reason why pc players only have to play 25 games and us console players have to play 40 ?

I think 25 games is a good amount.
  • Staggie
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Yeah 40 games is way too much. Anyone know the reason why pc players only have to play 25 games and us console players have to play 40 ?

Because they have catered it to people who play FIFA as their job. They don't care about the public.
  • HocTocHai
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Extremely easy now. It's like a walk in the garden even using fitness squad
  • Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2017
    Nah. Easier through D2/1.
    I don't play it because of the lag aswell. Sometimes I miss a tourny-set up (Gold cup), so I have a go just to be remembered how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ it is.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something

PC has shocking rewards compared to console unless u reach elite 1
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

PC has shocking rewards compared to console unless u reach elite 1

Is it because not as many play on pc or something ? But 40 games is way too much and makes you go crazy zpecially if your getting a bad connection to their servers every game
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I havent done it for about 1 month now because of the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers. But i had ago the other day (and the servers are still bad) but seems not many good players play it anymore or maybe i just got lucky ?

As i won every game by more then 4 goals and even won the Final 4-0.

I reckon alot of people have given it up because of the button delay.

Actually you get to play it once, so those you probably met are those struggling to qualify..quality players, ( during the week, either qualify via gold 3 or DK....
  • Tornado31619
    21107 posts Club Captain
    edited May 2017
    I used to try the Daily Knockout Tournaments, but I never won any of them because of lag. So I'm just going to try and reach Division 1 (currently on 4).
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2017
    Been trying today as only had time for 16 gamea at weekend, 2 semis where I've had a sec of delay meh

Just reached final and no delay so far this evening /touch wood
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    I just had my 87 rated mane get out sprinted all game by a 64 rated fb....so no dotn think i will bother.
    Its fine on seasons though.
  • ImAtrocious
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't really get why the tone of your question is condescending. If someone still finds it fun working his way into the weekend league, why wouldn't he "bother" to try to qualify?

I've played 6 WLs total, and had fun with every one, even though I'm barely good enough to get to Silver 1/Gold 3. Losing or occasional laggy game play really doesn't ruin my enjoyment.

If it weren't for being out of town the last two weekends and again this weekend, I'd definitely be trying to qualify again.
  • Mastershake
    270 posts Sunday League Hero
    I still bother.
  • Kidd101
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did and got button lag in the finals and I'm not a division 1 player so. Im stumped
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    I don't really get why the tone of your question is condescending. If someone still finds it fun working his way into the weekend league, why wouldn't he "bother" to try to qualify?

I've played 6 WLs total, and had fun with every one, even though I'm barely good enough to get to Silver 1/Gold 3. Losing or occasional laggy game play really doesn't ruin my enjoyment.

If it weren't for being out of town the last two weekends and again this weekend, I'd definitely be trying to qualify again.

I say it because so many people experience bad lag and button delay in WL, if you dont, you are probably one of the few that dont and i envy you.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    No, I stopped playing it three months ago and I am feeling very good since then.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't bother but my main reason is that it's too frustrating, no button delay so not an issue for me. And if your not a good player like me it's miserable trying to grind out 10-15 wins.

Also when I played 40 once I said never again because it felt like I had a hangover afterwards. I would rather play UT seasons, h2h or just chill with a bit of career mode. I'm just a happier person when I don't play WL.
  • wwffan99tx
    700 posts Semi-Pro
    Tried tonight. Got to the final. Outshot the opponent 23-3 (17-1 on goal) and lost 1-0. Hate this damn game
  • ozcs_69
    3985 posts National Call-Up
    last week i had the most participated numbers off my friend`s list, they all stopped at bronze 1 , so non of them auto-qualify, so yeah, casual players still are trying to qualify
  • bjornheisenberg
    Been trying all week.
    Sporadic delay.
    Been on the case to the isp.

Switch on early this morning..gave it a whirl.
    Knocked out 1st round......thought **** this ...other player more agile etc...you know the ****

Changed camera angle from broadcast to coop because sometime switching suits the mood/type of game i wanna play at that moment....i was able to simply keep the ball and find safer longer options which kept me more out of trouble...im a natural long passer anyways...i play on manual lob pass.
    All close games...some with moments of delay for me so bad ...for instance a defender wins the ball and i try to move him and he still stands still lol...

Won 1 shootout.
    Upgraded shaquiri to the 86 IF version and he was way better than mane 87 was for me.
    So much so i qualified....lol
  • raeserbil
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm a division 2 player and have played WL before both by having won Daily Knockouts and reaching Gold in WL. Was a while since I had time to play WL but managed to win a DK yesterday. Found it much easier this time compared to the previous ones. Too bad I just realised I probably won't have time to play during the weekend.
  • bjornheisenberg
    I havent got time to play saturday or sunday.
    Im a gambler and this weekend has it on all fronts....horse racing football and poker.

i will play some tomorrow and maybe fit a the odd game in on the weekend when i need a rest...is that wise lol
  • Claretnblue
    265 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just had my 87 rated mane get out sprinted all game by a 64 rated fb....so no dotn think i will bother.
    Its fine on seasons though.

What is the actual reasoning for this, because I can't seem to get an answer. I don't understand the mechanics because I am sure I have seen several times the defender get some mad turbo boost, but time and again the forwards are caught by any defender regardless of their stats, hence my refusal to play Ultimate Team in any future version.
  • bjornheisenberg
    Got no idea but i did have delay in that game.
    His players were able to turn on a sixpence...mine turned like the tittanic.
  • Cool_man99
    65 posts Park Captain
    Qualifyd last night thank god got to 2 finals had to win one but lucky tho was 0.0 until 87th min and scored happy days
  • ImAtrocious
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I don't bother but my main reason is that it's too frustrating, no button delay so not an issue for me. And if your not a good player like me it's miserable trying to grind out 10-15 wins.

Also when I played 40 once I said never again because it felt like I had a hangover afterwards. I would rather play UT seasons, h2h or just chill with a bit of career mode. I'm just a happier person when I don't play WL.

I couldn't feel more opposite of how you do. I've won between 16-19 game every WL I've entered, playing all 40. I just don't find it a frustration. I'm trying to get better at the game, and still have fun playing it, even when I lose. As for the hangover, it gets a little long if you have to grind it over long stretches, but I've found getting games in on all three days doesn't make it bad for me.

@JonRambo You're right, I don't have frequent lag or delay, so I guess I am lucky in that regard. I'm sure I have some, but I'm patient to a fault, so I'm guessing it just doesn't get to me.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm fairly sure the standard has dropped as well.

I rarely get a chance to play at the weekends but whenever I do have time I always play the qualifiers because I love tournaments (PLEASE FIFA BRING BACK BRONZE, SILVER AND GOLD TOURNAMENTS!!!... but I digress). Had a go on Monday night after not touching my console for two weeks and sailed through all four games.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was purely because you can only win it once now, so the best players (or the most keen) qualify straight away. Which leaves the s*it players and the casuals behind to qualify slightly later.

Same principle that means people tend to get more wins on a Sunday in the WL.