Do you think EA will ever get the Refs right ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
I remember in 15 the refs used to be to over the top with penalties and free kicks , dont know about 16 as i never played it much. But this year the Refs are plain stupid and its more like Rugby then football and they let you get away with it.

You would think with technology they should not make a mistake but to me i just dont think EA can get this right.

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    JonRambo wrote: »
    I remember in 15 the refs used to be to over the top with penalties and free kicks , dont know about 16 as i never played it much. But this year the Refs are plain stupid and its more like Rugby then football and they let you get away with it.

You would think with technology they should not make a mistake but to me i just dont think EA can get this right.

I wish they would, inconsistent refereeing drives me mad - one ref will call every soft foul and will let the big one's go and vice versa. I've also watched replays of some fouls where my player clearly gets the ball but I think because of the collision program in the game it gets called a foul. And we have all had penalty calls because of stupid collisions and I'm sure you have said to yourself I didn't do anything.

• JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Yeah for some reason if i am lagging badly the refs dont seem to call anything from my opponent but i get all the cards. It makes it 10x more frustrating as im not only fighting the game, im playing a 1 sided game and feel like i have no chance with the ref not on my side either.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    Nope, they never have and they never will. Same goes for goalkeepers.
  • Realist
    3173 posts National Call-Up
    FIFA can't sort refs out irl so god knows how ea are gonna go about doing it in game....
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    It's tough because of the actual rules rely on too many ifs and buts to put into a game imo. They could certainly improve it but I don't actually think they'll be able to get it completely right when the rules are so subjective on occasion.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    For instance, in real life if you pull someone down away at goals its a red card if hes the last man. In fifa, you can do it all the time and they dont even see it as a yellow, this should be easy to address.

This is just one example and they also need to get the slide tackles right to stop opponents sliding the whole game with hardly a foul called against them.
  • Sucre
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    what annoys me the most in this game is the keeper constantly picking up passes from own defenders... how hard can it be to get the rules right
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    No. It's clear that for the game to work correctly the engine needs to know where all 22 players are at all times.

It's obvious that this is not the case especially in laggy games.

Refs are no different. What you see on screen and what the engine actually sees are often out of phase. Makes the game look stupid at times.

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    G6h88UP.jpg

moron
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    What about that guy Yassat Milderez (or how ever you say his name). He really has something against me and i dont like him either.
  • leon_
    730 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nothing like Sergey Piputkin and Sung-Kwan Cho
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Here is the perfect example of refs in this game. Not even a card was given for this, the ref thought it was a fair tackle.

• Phife_Dawg
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    G6h88UP.jpg

moron

I hate this guy so much
  • CtldChaos
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    Realist wrote: »
    FIFA can't sort refs out irl so god knows how ea are gonna go about doing it in game....

Hey.... there is an idea.... add a backdoor easter egg cheat to the game where you can bribe the ref with coins, it would mimic irl pretty well and remove coins from the game. Heck it might turn into a bidding war amongst the players.
  • CtldChaos
    Xtc wrote: »
    No. It's clear that for the game to work correctly the engine needs to know where all 22 players are at all times.

It's obvious that this is not the case especially in laggy games.

Refs are no different. What you see on screen and what the engine actually sees are often out of phase. Makes the game look stupid at times.

+1.
  • CtldChaos
    JonRambo wrote: »
    For instance, in real life if you pull someone down away at goals its a red card if hes the last man. In fifa, you can do it all the time and they dont even see it as a yellow, this should be easy to address.

This is just one example and they also need to get the slide tackles right to stop opponents sliding the whole game with hardly a foul called against them.

The other thing that I HATE works are the intentional obstruction by the defenders. 95% of the time the opposing player does NOT play the ball at all, they simply play bumper cars with the offense and that separates the ball. I get that some measure of that does occur IRL, but in game it is over the top. (How many of us have had our winger drag an back down the field due to a shirt pull? Or has out ST bear hugged by the CBs on the open field?