The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

What causes button delay and how can it be fixed?

samthederbyram
1229 posts Professional
Is it my connection is it my controller or is it the gameplay/servers last night was the woest ever like my players were literally running the ball out of play my cb were chatting to my gk no matter what I did I had to press my commands maybe 5 or 6 times and it didn't always work like my players running it off the field of play

Comments

• Diggy
    14182 posts Has That Special Something
    It's a mixture of lag & poor game design & I don't think anything can be done apart from playing in non peak times
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    No idea bud. It is a joke and the only losers are the guys that just want to play a normal game of FIFA. EA has there money already and I just want to play with my investment of time and money.

I would say I feel bad promoting the game on my stream but I know 80% of my stream bailed on FIFA months ago and I encourage everyone to not buy FIFA points, until maybe next year.

Myself I would be 5k into FP this year easy but I stopped in November and feel good about that.

They are lucky that they created crack for young men. The fact that the base idea of UT still has me entertained enough to turn on the game is impressive to think about when the actual playing of it is utter ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 90% of the time.

TL:DR they don't even know so certainly our forum has no idea lol
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    Yeah, only EA is capable of fixing it but they are too busy carrying our money to the bank. Will they fix the servers? I hope so but this has been going on for years already.
  • Rogerio8
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I switched from ps4 to Xbox and it's really good gameplay compared to ps4.
  • ContraCode64
    2301 posts Fans' Favourite
    Diggy wrote: »
    It's a mixture of lag & poor game design & I don't think anything can be done apart from playing in non peak times

This. Some of the issues are connection-based, but others are just inherent in the game - either by design or an unintentional by-product of the game engine - as you can experience them when playing offline.
  • Tietherope
    10063 posts Has That Special Something
    Rogerio8 wrote: »
    I switched from ps4 to Xbox and it's really good gameplay compared to ps4.

Yikes. I don't even want to know what PS4 is like then.
  • Uppedcart
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    No idea bud. It is a joke and the only losers are the guys that just want to play a normal game of FIFA. EA has there money already and I just want to play with my investment of time and money.

I would say I feel bad promoting the game on my stream but I know 80% of my stream bailed on FIFA months ago and I encourage everyone to not buy FIFA points, until maybe next year.

Myself I would be 5k into FP this year easy but I stopped in November and feel good about that.

They are lucky that they created crack for young men. The fact that the base idea of UT still has me entertained enough to turn on the game is impressive to think about when the actual playing of it is utter **** 90% of the time.

Question for you as a streamer, how comes we never hear any of the pros complaining about lag? I mean I get button lag every 3 games and you can't win a game once you have it, bit they can still go 40 wins on a weekend?
  • Reus
    23211 posts Club Captain

They are lucky that they created crack for young men. The fact that the base idea of UT still has me entertained enough to turn on the game is impressive to think about when the actual playing of it is utter **** 90% of the time.

You have a Stream?

Why have you not mentioned this Before?
  • BiigDee
    4678 posts Big Money Move
    Can it be made worse by your opponent because lately I e had a few good games and been comfortable in the game the all hell breaks loose. Players are all over the place, passes going wild and the game starts freezing and fast forwarding all of a sudden
  • Trobos_Locos
    1297 posts Professional
    With hundreds of viewers everyday. A really popular one...

Reus wrote: »

You have a Stream?

• Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    sarcasm%2Bbe%2Bgreat.jpg
  • Any tym7
    1390 posts Professional
    Reus wrote: »

You have a Stream?

Lol
  • bigpokey24
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    Is it my connection is it my controller or is it the gameplay/servers last night was the woest ever like my players were literally running the ball out of play my cb were chatting to my gk no matter what I did I had to press my commands maybe 5 or 6 times and it didn't always work like my players running it off the field of play

Actually it is the servers, I performed a test.( I played FUT champs about 15 games all weekend) played about 10 games on friday( took the day off) and behold the entire games were delayed( i had to hold down hard on every button command) lets just say i won only 5 of those games..didn't play any fut champs until 4 hours left for the WL to expire.( and not a single delay)

In other for EA to fix the delays , they have to get better servers so people can play at anytime. Or you choose to play when the transfer market shows less than 800k items in the transfer market hub. The more people are on the servers, the more delay you will get. So if you want to avoid delays, do not play during peak hours( which sucks )
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Uppedcart wrote: »

Question for you as a streamer, how comes we never hear any of the pros complaining about lag? I mean I get button lag every 3 games and you can't win a game once you have it, bit they can still go 40 wins on a weekend?

Because it doesn't exist.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Big BS.
    They are just to good for it, i have this to and im not even pro , i get around elite 2 every week only.
    Im at a point where im just to good for this magic stuff, its like i expect it and adapt to it, i can see through the bs now, mind you i played like 3500 online games on this fifa and at some point i got to see through it, i really wonder what i could get without this happening.

Game is clearly broken, more and more people are getting this magic play.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    edited May 2017

If you haven't heard of pros complaining of the lag/delay, then you haven't been paying attention. Pros have complained about this game more than any other FIFA because of the delay/lag alone from what I've noticed

They are able to be successful in it because most pros are incredibly clinical and they are able to adapt and adjust to the gameplay quickly. But they complain about the servers all the time
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional

You must be working for EA.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32906 posts National Team Captain
    Betrus wrote: »

You must be working for EA.

Nah he's just a fisherman
  • Pugzilla
    17326 posts World Class
    @Reus I'm proud of my stream baby :*

And follow a few pros on Twitter. Mainly they are fed up with DCs but button delay is often a topic as well.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    yea, You can feel button lag in game menus.. no one talks about that though
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    ^^^ Drjarba got 6 dcs last wl while trying to qualify for FIWC... I feel terrible for him
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    sometimes i have to flick the right stick 3 times to get it to do a ball roll.

its like it just doesn't even register half the buttons you press, sometimes.