AC Milan - The New Era

2

Comments

  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Nice start for the season... including the Sipercoppa title.

    As @ale85bg said, it's been ages since last time AC Milan won a big trophy. Lately the club has been awfully managed.

    I hope you can change things for them. It started pretty well. :)
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    airSUu9.png

    A game where Napoli were considered huge favorites, didn't quite go to plan. A confident AC Milan started great and were inches away from scoring after only 2 minutes. Pepe Reina was rock solid throughout the whole game but couldn't do anything about the well placed shot from Correa. Amartey was known for his size and how he played, and did just that against Napoli.

    "I think it went very well. I had a lot of confidence of course and it felt like everything went my way" a proud Amartey said after the game. In his first game he was awarded the Man of the Match and no one really was close to getting it but him apart from Reina.

    "Amartey was just the kind of player we wanted and we are really happy about him. The guy has played here for a day and is already really great and fitting in. What other thing could I ask for?" Lyktan said and ended the press conference.

  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Another wonderful win there. You've definitely made the right moves on the transfer market, and I wonder if there's some deadline day surprise that's been set apart for us... You never know! ;)
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    sTEEWEz.png

    "Lyktan, we could see that on the very last day of the transfer deadline day you only sent out a player on loan. Does this mean you're satisfied with what you have or is there still positions you'd like to see improved?"

    "We improve everyday in training and so far we have been doing just fine. I wasn't active last night because I didn't have to".
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    41ss0lQ.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    YEEEEEEEEEEES!!! Another victory, that's great! <3

    Calabria being loaned out wasn't exactly the "surprise set apart for us" I would've expected, but I agree that it's a sensible move. At Ternana he could get the play time he deserves and grow without all the pressure. Well done! :)

    By the way, why does Verratti alays have to be sold? It also just happened in my career (summer 2016, too, but it's another story). :cry:
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ale85bg wrote: »
    YEEEEEEEEEEES!!! Another victory, that's great! <3

    Calabria being loaned out wasn't exactly the "surprise set apart for us" I would've expected, but I agree that it's a sensible move. At Ternana he could get the play time he deserves and grow without all the pressure. Well done! :)

    By the way, why does Verratti alays have to be sold? It also just happened in my career (summer 2016, too, but it's another story). :cry:

    Glad that your team performs on FIFA at least! ;)

    Why did I write Terni? Weird. Maybe thats what they're called in Swedish..? :disappointed:

    Yeah, I know. I hope EA fixes it for FIFA 18, the signings are way too predictable.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Why did I write Terni? Weird. Maybe thats what they're called in Swedish..? :disappointed:
    You're right indeed, it's called Terni in FIFA as it's not licensed (like the most of Serie B).
    The real name of "Calcio A" is "Serie A", the same goes for "Calcio B" which is called "Serie B" in real life...
    Almost all the teams in Serie B are unlicensed in FIFA, and they are simply called like the name of the city they play in: many have the right name (Brescia, Bari, Vicenza) as their real name is the name of the the city they play in.
    Teams like Entella (which is called Chiavari in FIFA, as it's their city) and Ternana (playing in Terni, hence the name) on the other hand have the "wrong" name. The same applies to Spal (named Ferrara ingame) for example. :)
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Lyktan wrote: »
    Why did I write Terni? Weird. Maybe thats what they're called in Swedish..? :disappointed:
    You're right indeed, it's called Terni in FIFA as it's not licensed (like the most of Serie B).
    The real name of "Calcio A" is "Serie A", the same goes for "Calcio B" which is called "Serie B" in real life...
    Almost all the teams in Serie B are unlicensed in FIFA, and they are simply called like the name of the city they play in: many have the right name (Brescia, Bari, Vicenza) as their real name is the name of the the city they play in.
    Teams like Entella (which is called Chiavari in FIFA, as it's their city) and Ternana (playing in Terni, hence the name) on the other hand have the "wrong" name. The same applies to Spal (named Ferrara ingame) for example. :)

    Wait, I was so sure Serie A changed their name to Calcio A in real life. Looked it up now and they didn't. Oh well. That's a bit of a bummer about the licensing though :(
  • Lyktan
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Us5JzMp.png

    The first defeat for Lyktans AC Milan came in the 4th game of the season. Although they are only one point behind 1st place Juventus, Lyktan was not happy with that he saw.

    "That was an atrocious sight. We definitely could've done way better than that. Sampdoria did well and so did we but only at times. I think we were way too stressed in front of goal and our back line wasn't synchronized at all today. We have to go through this and then do a much better job against Lazio."

    IKiVpVw.png

    Only a few days after Milan had to forget about the loss against Sampdoria and perform against Lazio. A game with few goal chances and more of a fight about dominating the midfield.

    "Yeah, it wasn't the best of game but every point counts. I think we look a bit tired out there and that's not odd considering we have three games in a week, so in a couple of days it's time again. But we still manage to hold on to our lead very well." Lyktan said shortly after the game in a TV-interview.

    r85258_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=espnfc

    Bacca was probably the happiest one after the game.

    "I'm lucky Sosa is better than me at penalties. I missed mine because it was too weak, but of course Marchetti did a great save. After the penalty I couldn't really focus on the game because I was afraid that would cost us the game".

    Many fans over at AC Milans forum question Bacca after the game. "How can a professional player be that affected by a penalty? Can someone tell him that he can't affect it afterwards?! Worst case scenario now would be him strolling around not thinking about the game and they scoring because of his thoughts being somewhere else. I am glad Lyktan subbed him at half time for Correa" a member of said forum wrote during the evening.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Well, I agree with the people saying that Bacca shouldn't let a missed penalty affect his performance so much but hey, he'll have the time to recover and to make up for this mistake.
    Good result against Lazio and well, I didn't expect to see you lose to Sampdoria but it happens, the important thing is that you bounced back immediately. ;)
  • Ashy
    9585 posts League Winner
    Some really good wins here, that late defeat thanks to the talented Belgian Praet though... unlucky there. Iwobi and Correa have settled well I see, onwards and upwards
Sign In or Register to comment.