Lokomotiv Moscow: The future is Red and Green

JoshDFC
2020 posts Fans' Favourite
edited April 2017
uyY60Up.png

Lokomotiv Moscow can today confirm it has terminated the contract of head coach Yuri Semin with immediate effect. Former midfielder and current assistant manager Dmitri Loskov will take over the team on a three-year deal. Our chairman Ilya Gerkus had this to say.

I am delighted that Dmitri has agreed to take over as the manager of our team. Dmitri is a legend at this team he is loved and adored by our loyal fans and we look forward to a successful era under him. The future is important for us we haven’t been doing as well in recent years as we should have but I think with Dmitri in charge we can start to rebuild and start pushing ourselves. We don’t have the biggest budget in the country when you look a Zenit they have incredible funds but we will try to back him.

Dmitri added
I was thinking of coming out of retirement to play for the team again as a squad player then Ilya rang me and said that Yuri (Semin) has been sacked and the board would like to sit down with me and discuss the possibility of me becoming the manager. I sat down with the board and I think we all realised that we all want what’s best for Lokomotiv and I am proud to be manager of this team that I love. I don’t think there will be a quick fix solution for us to build up the table it will take time and it will also take smart investments.

Comments

• JoshDFC
    edited April 2017
    Preseason Tournament

Lokomotiv Moscow have confirmed they will be taking part in the European International Cup which will be hosted in England. Lokomotiv Moscow have been drawn in a group with Italian side Bologna, English side West Bromwich Albion and French side FC Lorient whilst in the other group Burnley will go up against Turkish side Trabzonspor, Belgian giants RSC Anderlecht and fellow English side Sunderland.

RgKSRZz.png
    Post edited by JoshDFC on
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2017
    Good luck man! Very nice team choice honestly... And something different! :)
  • JoshDFC
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good luck man! Very nice team choice honestly... And something different! :)

Cheers don't know much about the Russian League but I'm sure I'll learn as I go on :)
  • JoshDFC
    Tournament Group Stages

4xP0ZIj.png

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme 7 (Kochenkov 65, 7), Yanbaev 8 (Farfan 65, 8), Corluka 7, Pejcinovic 8, Kverkvelia 8, Denisov 7 (Kasaev 65, 8), N’Dinga 8 (Mykhalyk 65, 7), Tarasov 8 (Ignatiev 65, 7), Miranchuk 9 (Fernandes 65, 8), Portnyagin 9, Ari 7 (Maicon 65, 7)

West Brom: Ross 6, Wilson 6, O’Shea 6, Jones 7, Nyom 7, Phillips 7, Fletcher 6, Yacob 7 (Livermore 65, 7), McClean 7 (Chadli 87, N/A), Morrison 7, Robson-Kanu 6 (Wright 78, 6)

Dmitri Loskov: I think that we played brilliant in the second half, in the first half we didn’t move the ball as quickly as I would have liked but we managed to take the lead late on. When we came back out we were more confident in the style of play and we made West Brom work and you could tell because in the last twenty minutes we started creating more chances. It is only pre-season but we are happy with the performance of the team today.

3D4ah3v.png

FC Lorient: Delecroix 7, Paye 7, Peybernes 7, Conte 6 (Moreira 84, N/A), Le Goff 6 (Ciani 74, 7), Bellugou 6 (Wakaso 57, 6), Lautoa 7 (Mesloub 72, 6), Cafu 7, Philippoteaux 7, Hamel 6 (Jeannot 64, 6), Barthelme 6

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme 7, Yanbaev 7 (Farfan 72, 6), Corluka 7, Pejcinovic 6, Kverkvelia 7, Denisov 8(Kasaev 72, 6), N’Dinga 8, Tarasov 7, Miranchuk 7 (Fernandes 72, 6), Portnyagin 7, Ari 7

Dmitri Loskov: I’m disappointed that we didn’t get the win today because I thought we deserved it. I think that Vitaliy (Denisov) played superb he got forward so much and he did exactly what I want my full backs to do he added the width and it made it easier. In the second half we tired and we started making sloppy mistakes which allowed them to start to control the game but I think for seventy minutes we dominated and the only thing we lacked was a goal.

nscfmDG.png

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme7, Yanbaev 7, Corluka 7, Pejcinovic 8, Margasov 7, Ignatiev 7, Kolomeytsev 7, Mykhalyk 8, Kasaev 7, Fernandes 7, Ari 7

Bologna: Sarr 7, Mbaye 8 (Krafth 90, N/A), Oikonomou 7, Helander 7, Masina 7, Pulgar 7 (Donsah 65, 7), Valencia 6 (Dzemaili 61, 7), Nagy 6, Tabacchi 7, Umar 7 (Destro 83, NA), Krejcl 6

Dmitri Loskov: I think that we grew into the game we started slowly and they looked like they were on top but we kept with the game plan believed in each other and we dominated for large periods of the game. Obviously, we haven’t managed to score a goal again but it is something we are trying to resolve in the transfer market but it isn’t easy.

On Speculation of a move for Fedor Smolov
    Dmitri Loskov: I think Fedor is a fantastic player who scores lots of goals I think everybody is interested in him but I think he would be an expensive player we will look into the possibility but we respect Krasnodar and we respect Fedor so I would prefer to talk about the players who we have not those we are linked with.

5DacSIW.png

Semi Finals
    Sunderland vs Lokomotiv Moscow
    Bologna vs RSC Anderlecht
  • JoshDFC
    Semi Final

tYFrOrq.png

Sunderland: Mika 7, Manquillo 8, Lescott 7, Djillobodji 6, Oviedo 7, Borini 7, Cattermole 7 (Larsson 90, N/A), Kirchhoff 6 (Gibson 66, N/A) Pienaar 6, Khazri 6, Anichebe 8 (Defoe 85, N/A)

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme 7, Yanbaev 8, Corluka 8, Pejcinovic 7, Kverkvelia 7, Denisov 9, N’Dinga 9, Tarasov 7 (Mykhalyk 81, N/A), Miranchuk 10, Portnyagin 9, Ari 7 (Maicon 81, N/A)

Dmitri Loskov: That was a terrible second half performance by us. We didn’t take control of the game it was poor game management if you go 2-0 up in a game you should be winning. In the first half, we were perfect in the second half we were the opposite we got unlucky with the first goal hitting the post then going in off the back off Guilherme but the second goal was terrible. Guilherme was brilliant in the shootout especially the save from Defoe’s penalty that was world class and we managed to scrape through thanks to luck.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Well done. Quite consistent preseason.

Good luck in this new story
  • JoshDFC
    subpop wrote: »
    Well done. Quite consistent preseason.

Good luck in this new story

Cheers struggling a bit for goals but looking solid at the back until the Sunderland game
  • JoshDFC
    orzm4AR.png

Lokomotiv Moscow are delighted to confirm the signing of young Russian centre back Ilya Kutepov from Spartak Moscow for £4,000,000. Ilya was the subject of bids from FC Krasnodar and Sassuolo but opted to sign for Lokomotiv. The young defender has been capped four times by Russia and has told the official website he is looking forward to nailing down a first team place at Lokomotiv as well as for the national side.
    He said: I am delighted to sign for Lokomotiv, I think that the club is trying to go in the right direction after a couple of disappointing seasons and I hope to help them do that. I am only young and I have a lot to learn but when you look at some of the experienced defenders already at the club I feel this is the best place to learn, I look at players like Vedran (Corluka) and I hope to reach the level he plays at. For me I think he is the best Centre back in Russia and one of the best in Europe I am happy to be playing with him and I hope to play many games for Lokomotiv and for Russia.

Dmitri Loskov added: Ilya is a fantastic talent and we are delighted he chose to sign for us, I think he can have a brilliant future here and I believe he can be a captain both for Lokomotiv and for Russia he is only twenty two years old and he has played for the national side I think he will have a fantastic career for club and country.

Lokomotiv can also confirm that winger Jefferson Farfan has departed the club to sign for English side West Ham United for £7,500,000 whilst Petar Skuletic has signed for CSKA Moscow for £1,200,000. We can also confirm that young left back Elmir Nabiullin will not be joining the team as he has instead joined FC Krasnodar.
  • ale85bg
    Well done in the semifinal, and nice signing. I don't know him but from the presentation it looks like a very good addition. :)
  • JoshDFC
    Well done in the semifinal, and nice signing. I don't know him but from the presentation it looks like a very good addition. :)

Cheers, hopefully he comes good he has started breaking into the first team of Spartak this season I believe
  • JoshDFC
    Final

neWT7R3.png

Bologna: Mirante 7, Torosidis 7 (Krafth 62, 7), Oikonomou 8, Gastaldello 7 (Helander 64, 7), Donsah 8, Pulgar 6 (Taidar 45, 7), Dzemaili 7 (Di Francesco 86, N/A), Nagy 7 (Viviani 55, 7), Verdi 7, Destro 7 (Petkovic 75, 7), Krejcl 8

Lokomotiv Moscow: Guilherme 7, Yanbaev 8, Corluka 7, Pejcinovic 7, Kutepov 7, Denisov 8, N’Dinga 7, Tarasov 6 (Mykhalyk 67, 7), Miranchuk 7 (Fernandes 67, 6), Portnyagin 6, Ari 8

Dmitri Loskov: I think that we played well in this game but we were beaten by a Bologna team who also played well. It as an even game until the final seconds and Bologna scored a beautiful goal and won the tournament. We are very thankful for being offered the opportunity to play in this tournament and I think we played some brilliant football. Corluka was sent off if they don’t score from that free kick we draw and it goes to penalties but they scored so people are blaming him I don’t blame him he did the right thing the striker is through in the final seconds I think he did the right thing.
  • Danimal5981
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    I get your meaning with these coloured posts but some of them are really difficult to read: red on green and blue on red is just not soothing for the eyes. Try a fixed template, where the border is different but the inside constantly the same.
  • JoshDFC
    I get your meaning with these coloured posts but some of them are really difficult to read: red on green and blue on red is just not soothing for the eyes. Try a fixed template, where the border is different but the inside constantly the same.

Ok Cheers for the feedback I am downloading Photoshop now not used it before so will see how I cope with it :lol:
  • JoshDFC
    New record signing

TTsX8dX.jpg

Lokomotiv Moscow are delighted to confirm the record signing of Russia International Fedor Smolov from FC Krasnodar for £18,000,000. The twenty six year old striker finished as top scorer in the Russian Premier League last season and has signed a four year deal with the club. Striker Ari who joined on loan from Krasnodar earlier in the summer will return to his parent as part of the deal thank you Ari for your contributions during your time here.

The club can also confirm the arrival of young Brazil striker Ademilson who joins us from Gamba Osaka for a fee in the region of £5,500,000 and also the arrival of young Russian midfielder Igor Bezdenezhnykh who has signed from FC Ufa for £2,000,000.

The club can also confirm two departures with attacking midfielder Manuel Fernandes joining English side Southampton for £10,000,000 whilst winger Maicon has also moved to England signing with Everton for £6,000,000.

Here’s what the manager had to say on the transfers: I am delighted with the business we have done this window I said when I took over it was important to invest in the team and the board have been brilliantly in doing that. Obviously when you spend as much on a player as we have with Fedor it means we must sell players but the players that left I think would have struggled with the style I want to play this season. We had a very high average age so it was important to sign some younger players people may not want to hear it but players we can try and make profit on. If we want to challenge at the top of this table we must start being smarter in the transfer window the deal for Fedor shows the board are behind making Lokomotiv great again but the deals for Fernandes, Maicon and Farfan show we must still balance the books.
  • Danimal5981
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    Smolov is a good one! Enjoy that player!
  • ale85bg
    Yeah, very good player indeed from the very little I know (not lying here, Russian league and Russian national teams are pretty unknown to me).
    Sorry to see you lose against Bologna, but it was only a pre-season tournament after all... Hopefully it got you ready for the real deal! ;)
  • Ashy
    9592 posts League Winner
    Interesting team choice, don't think I've seen a Russian league team story on here before, good to hear you have Photoshop now it's a big help and you can quite quickly make something decent looking in minutes to present results from games
  • JoshDFC
    Smolov is a good one! Enjoy that player!

Cheers he seems very good looking at him
    Yeah, very good player indeed from the very little I know (not lying here, Russian league and Russian national teams are pretty unknown to me).
    Sorry to see you lose against Bologna, but it was only a pre-season tournament after all... Hopefully it got you ready for the real deal! ;)

Yeah I got a chance to see different players and a couple impressed me so some good depth
    Ashy wrote: »
    Interesting team choice, don't think I've seen a Russian league team story on here before, good to hear you have Photoshop now it's a big help and you can quite quickly make something decent looking in minutes to present results from games

Cheers just playing about with ideas and trying to get used to photoshop hopefully update this weekend