Best positions for these players in a 4231 narrow?

Skybluestu
758 posts Semi-Pro
edited April 2017
I need to fill the ST position and the 3 CAMs and have the following players at my disposal.

TOTY Messi
96 Neymar
SBC Suarez
POTM Ibra
Nedved

I've been through so many different combinations my head hurts, lol. I would appreciate some opinions. I have 800k (plus sale proceeds from any of the above) if you think someone else is needed. Chem isn't a huge issue as I would switch in game and sub on if needed.

Thanks.

Comments

• therealmerk33
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    ST-Suarez
    LCAM Neymar, CCAM Nedved/Ibra, RCAM Messi
  • ST-Suarez

Makes logical sense, but can't help feel that messi and neymar will be wasted in the wide cam positions.
  • codexavellum
    1004 posts Professional
    Suarez - ST
    Messi - LCAM (Across the box on that left foot is glorious)
    Neymar - RCAM

Get Bergkamp at CCAM
  • Sercs
    19486 posts Club Captain
    id go...

SBC Suarez
    96 Neymar TOTY Messi Ronaldo

selling nedved+800k will take you to ronaldo. Another option would be Best over Ronaldo
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Skybluestu wrote: »
    ST-Suarez

Makes logical sense, but can't help feel that messi and neymar will be wasted in the wide cam positions.

Doesnt' make sense to put TOTY Suarez or Ibra out there either.

However, i'd relegate POTM Ibra to the bench. I'd start in another formation, get chem, switch in game. I would play TOTY Suarez at ST, TOTY Messi at CAM, 96 Neymar at RCAM and I would pick up Griez for LCAM (the 90 if you can). I'd get TOTT Case for sure. He will help links things up. Alba as well.

If you need to downgrade, i'd downgrade the 96 Neymar to the 94. Like you said, might be wasting outside. They are more assist roles then primary goalscorer roles. You have TOTY Suarez and TOTY Messi running the middle, so enough said.

Downgrade gives you another ~300k. Now you are at 1.1m. 90 Griez and TOTT Case easy.

• Skybluestu
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    Get Bergkamp at CCAM

Good shout. I liked him at cam in a 4312 a few months back. Found him better than ADP.

Sercs wrote: »
    id go...

SBC Suarez

selling nedved+800k will take you to ronaldo. Another option would be Best over Ronaldo

Very tempting....
  • Skybluestu
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    ST-Suarez

Doesnt' make sense to put TOTY Suarez or Ibra out there either.

However, i'd relegate POTM Ibra to the bench. I'd start in another formation, get chem, switch in game. I would play TOTY Suarez at ST, TOTY Messi at CAM, 96 Neymar at RCAM and I would pick up Griez for LCAM (the 90 if you can). I'd get TOTT Case for sure. He will help links things up. Alba as well.

If you need to downgrade, i'd downgrade the 96 Neymar to the 94. Like you said, might be wasting outside. They are more assist roles then primary goalscorer roles. You have TOTY Suarez and TOTY Messi running the middle, so enough said.

Downgrade gives you another ~300k. Now you are at 1.1m. 90 Griez and TOTT Case easy.

It's SBC Suarez I have - would be nice to have the TOTY version!

I'm pretty settled on my defence and CDMs. Rolling with MOTM kante and TOTT Vidal (untradeable) so can't see me going with TOTT Case.

I did use 90 Griez briefly . Must admit I wasn't that impressed with him - at LST anyways.
  • Mossup
    1268 posts Professional
    Start with a 4-3-3 and switch to 4-2-3-1 after start of game. Use Messi and Neymar as the wife cam's. I'd convert Suarez to a cam and play him in the middle.
    Only thing to consider then is which CDM's you want. Ideally these fellas need to be tall and tough.
  • Skybluestu
    758 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2017
    Mossup wrote: »
    Start with a 4-3-3 and switch to 4-2-3-1 after start of game. Use Messi and Neymar as the wife cam's. I'd convert Suarez to a cam and play him in the middle.
    Only thing to consider then is which CDM's you want. Ideally these fellas need to be tall and tough.

Which would you have as striker?

I currently start 4321 for chem

SBC Suarez
    96Neymar TOTY Messi
    MOTM Kante Nedved TOTT Vidal
    85 Alonso Baresi TOTT Chiellini Zanetti
    88 Handanovic
  • Mossup
    1268 posts Professional
    edited April 2017
    Mossup wrote: »

Which would you have as striker?

I currently start 4321 for chem

SBC Suarez
    96Neymar TOTY Messi
    MOTM Kante Nedved TOTT Vidal
    85 Alonso Baresi TOTT Chiellini Zanetti
    88 Handanovic

Depends if you care about chemistry?
    If not, use Ibra. A tall strong striker is great in the 4-2-3-1 formation.
    If you do care about chemistry, use your coins to buy a legend like Kluivert, Crespo or Weah.

I also recommend Rijkaard for cdm.
  • MikeyP_FC
    14471 posts Has That Special Something
    Sercs wrote: »
    id go...

SBC Suarez

This- I'd probably go Best out wide but Ron works great too.
  • SadioMan
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    What instructions do you guys have for outside mids in this formation? I love the formation and have had great success with it but I feel my outside mids really dont get involved
  • Brownie1524
    9172 posts League Winner
    433 or 4321 and drop the last two. Then actually just use the damn formation you're starting with!
  • Mossup
    1268 posts Professional
    433 or 4321 and drop the last two. Then actually just use the damn formation you're starting with!

Why is changing formation such a problem?