Thoughts on Solskjaer?

TheJoedanimal
1066 posts Professional
I don't have much experience in high rated players, really ever. In every year I've played, the highest rated players I've managed are fairly modest, this year being the (quite inexpensive) iMOTM Dzeko. So now that I have some cash, I think it's time to move up a bit. With the dawn of easily one of the sexiest cards that will happen this year (obviously TOTS Ghayas Zahid), I plan to buy Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to accompany him. Any reviews on him? His stats are quite solid in game, and I'm quite liking the opportunity to finally try a legend. I would like to finally try a player with some really high composure as well, to really test out its significance, and Ole fits the bill there too.

Comments

  • Snapzs
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    He's good for the lower end legends but honestly if u can make 10-15k more coins I'd go for suker or lineker (a good bit to choose from for 120k?). But I would do it asap because I don't see the prices lasting much longer. But if he's a personal fav, go ahead and enjoy him.
  • buster2145
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    He was great when I had him clinical finisher, suprisingly quick, and great longshots you wont be disappointed
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Snapzs wrote: »
    He's good for the lower end legends but honestly if u can make 10-15k more coins I'd go for suker or lineker (a good bit to choose from for 120k?). But I would do it asap because I don't see the prices lasting much longer. But if he's a personal fav, go ahead and enjoy him.

    Aight. Thanks for the input, I think I'll go get him quick-like. And honestly, I would go with Suker if I could, but I need Ole for the strong link with Zahid.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Legend

  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Legend


    He certainly is. Had some damn fine moments in his day. Hope his card can finish just as well. I need that baby-face in game, too, I'll be incredibly disappointed if his face looks fairly generic.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Legend


    He certainly is. Had some damn fine moments in his day. Hope his card can finish just as well. I need that baby-face in game, too, I'll be incredibly disappointed if his face looks fairly generic.

    Rumor has it, that Munich fans still cry themselves to sleep at night over that loss.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I hope he works out for you but when I used his loan card he didn't do anything for me. Liked him irl and was expecting something better but as often happens my expectations of players end in disappointment on FIFA.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I hope he works out for you but when I used his loan card he didn't do anything for me. Liked him irl and was expecting something better but as often happens my expectations of players end in disappointment on FIFA.

    I think he'll work out. I've seen many good things on him, and I do quite like his stats. Legends typically seem to overperform, from what I've seen, but then again I have no experience in the matter whatsoever. I am confident.
  • Hody
    942 posts Semi-Pro
    He does good for me. Even with Hunter he is not the fatest, but if you get him free on goal, it's usually in. He has a lot of assists for me too, when used with another striker. He goes for around discard value now and is fun to play.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Hody wrote: »
    He does good for me. Even with Hunter he is not the fatest, but if you get him free on goal, it's usually in. He has a lot of assists for me too, when used with another striker. He goes for around discard value now and is fun to play.

    How would you rate him as a sole striker? I thinking about putting him in a 4-4-1-1, right in front of TOTS Zahid, when he comes out.
  • Vaaass
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    Can see your comment on his FUTHead card ;)

    Erm, I played against him once and he tore me a new ❤️❤️❤️❤️, that's about as much input as I can give...
  • Dan25
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had him up front with van Nistelrooy for while and he was 10 times better than Ruud, clinical and scored a lot of headers for me as well.
  • Hody
    942 posts Semi-Pro
    Hody wrote: »
    He does good for me. Even with Hunter he is not the fatest, but if you get him free on goal, it's usually in. He has a lot of assists for me too, when used with another striker. He goes for around discard value now and is fun to play.

    How would you rate him as a sole striker? I thinking about putting him in a 4-4-1-1, right in front of TOTS Zahid, when he comes out.

    If you don't rely on pace, you are good to go. He bangs his chances. I'd advise to boost pace and strength, maybe with Hawk.
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional

    Hody wrote: »
    Hody wrote: »
    He does good for me. Even with Hunter he is not the fatest, but if you get him free on goal, it's usually in. He has a lot of assists for me too, when used with another striker. He goes for around discard value now and is fun to play.

    How would you rate him as a sole striker? I thinking about putting him in a 4-4-1-1, right in front of TOTS Zahid, when he comes out.

    If you don't rely on pace, you are good to go. He bangs his chances. I'd advise to boost pace and strength, maybe with Hawk.

    Aight. Might just do that. That being said, he did come with Hunter, so I am loathe to waste a perfectly good Hunter card (as they tend to be a bit pricy). But I agree. Hold up play is very important, and weak strikers can be lacking in that department.
  • Hody
    942 posts Semi-Pro
    I'D suggest you try the hunter card, can't hurt. Try to shot with finesse though, as he has that trait. A little experience report would be much appreciated though
  • TheJoedanimal
    1066 posts Professional
    Hody wrote: »
    I'D suggest you try the hunter card, can't hurt. Try to shot with finesse though, as he has that trait. A little experience report would be much appreciated though

    Yep. I'd love to try him and give my own thoughts on him, but I kind of want to save him until TOTS MC. That and I'm on a college visit right now, so I can't exactly get into Ultimate Team 300 miles away from my Xbox.
Sign In or Register to comment.