Don't fall for the SBC hype try the loans!

iNero
797 posts Semi-Pro
SBC Torres couldn't be hyped any more by this forum and if you go look at his thread it's full of regrets

I did SBC Torres he only cost me 200k so not bothered but my god if I paid 1m I'd be crying.

Try the loans don't be silly.

Comments

• CITYTIANB
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    that's all well and good but there wasn't a loan for sbc torres
  • ha032742
    35024 posts Moderator
    iNero wrote: »
    SBC Torres couldn't be hyped any more by this forum and if you go look at his thread it's full of regrets

I did SBC Torres he only cost me 200k so not bothered but my god if I paid 1m I'd be crying.

Try the loans don't be silly.

Also your cost for Torres was more than 200k but I get what you meant.
  • Austintatious
    2289 posts Fans' Favourite
    This. The loans are a great idea although I don't think 5 games is really enough.

It would be interesting to know who wouldn't have done the premium sbc's had they been able to try the card out for 5 games.
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yea heard the same about suarez... shame
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    SBC Suarez and SBC Torres are both fantastic players and have no regrets doing them :smile:
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    My Suarez was amazing but now he's total garbage. Eaided right up.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    5 games isn't great. Anyone can have a good/bad 5 games. Should've been 15 or 20 like the legend loans have been
  • Kloral
    3656 posts National Call-Up
    Torres and Suarez are both amazing.
  • Si
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    BiigDee wrote: »

Mine's gone the other way - couldn't hit a barn door for 30 games or so, but he's come alive this WL. He's as streaky as my own form!
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up

@BiigDee how many games you played with him mate?
  • WFCBagnall
    69481 posts Moderator
    Spent 1.2m on Suarez, Torres and Kante. :joy:
  • BiigDee

Only around 100 I think mate. I could never get out of Div 3 and got him and I got to Div 1 from there losing 2 games. The guy was an animal. All of a sudden it's like someone had put Alex hunter in his skin. I no I'm no amazing player but used him fine at the start, scored 5 goals 3 times with him so know what I'm doing. Just don't get it
  • Michael LFC 96

Only around 100 I think mate. I could never get out of Div 3 and got him and I got to Div 1 from there losing 2 games. The guy was an animal. All of a sudden it's like someone had put Alex hunter in his skin. I no I'm no amazing player but used him fine at the start, scored 5 goals 3 times with him so know what I'm doing. Just don't get it

Strange, how many goals have you got with him? What chem style?

I play Suarez and Bale up top with 84 Ben Yedder in behind and I think he has 130+ goals in under 110 games. He's been unbelievable clinical for me, finishes from crazy places so I wonder what your problem is :confounded:
  • BiigDee

I play Suarez and Bale up top with 84 Ben Yedder in behind and I think he has 130+ goals in under 110 games. He's been unbelievable clinical for me, finishes from crazy places so I wonder what your problem is :confounded:

I will check once I'm on console, I had him with Bday Torres and Yedder at Cam and I know he had 39 goals in 14 games. Missed a double hat trick 3 times. I had engine on him and now on Hawk because I needed to try and change him because something happened. I rage sold all my squad due to it. Gone from 1 to 4 and just don't know what's going on. I've put crosses in and he misses every 1, I've been breaking with the ball and literally see him backing off and he's nearly always stuck out on the wing like my instructions are different.
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    I loved SBC Torres at first, he was like cheating. But now is a totally different story, he is terrible. I use him as a 60th minute sub usually, and most of the time i feel like i lose all attacking threat. He can't pass, has the first touch of a donkey, and when i go to shoot, even if it is set up perfectly for his right foot, he awkwardly uses his left foot.
  • BiigDee

What's bale like as striker?
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain

You're crazy.
  • Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    I think you will tend to have less regrets doing these SBCs as opposed to ones that are Strikers as people like to change their STs more often than not.
  • Slow As Kieran
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rutta wrote: »
    I think you will tend to have less regrets doing these SBCs as opposed to ones that are Strikers as people like to change their STs more often than not.

I did the Alli one, and i think it set me back 320k and a lot of untradables that i do not use, 2 of them being SBC and POTM Alli :D

I feel like there is no way i can regret doing it as i had the POTM one in my team for 250-300 games anyway and he wasn't moving any time soon, and i would hgave bought the TOTS When released without a second thought.

Actually, the only way i can possibly regret it is if they make his TOTS higher rated, then i would be so annoyed lol
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    I'm happy I did Suarez for the fact that he's been above average and consistent for me. I'll want to go Serie a /BPL hybrid for TOTS so I'll trade him into an SBC down the road. Hoping they make SBCs like they did the El Sha and Torres one. Like a high rated CDM Dembele would be a dream.
  • BiigDee
    DaveSaves wrote: »

You're crazy.

How can you claim I'm crazy? I've played with him and something isn't right. Wether it's the card or game. If it didn't work from the start then I could question my ability to use him but I was scoring goals for fun. I could dribble with him, he was strong, always in the correct position and would bury headers and free kicks. Now all of a sudden I'm crazy because I take a free kick the exact way as before and they go ten yards over and not even on target. He jumps to head a ball in and completely misses the ball. I try and hold the ball up and he falls over as soon as a player touches him and can't run for ****. Now all the above mentioned things are what's crazy mate because he was Perfect. I could be edging towards a little crazy now because I've had a few days of this **** and I can't figure out what's going on.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    He hasn't changed. It's alllllll you.
  • Ulook92
    12459 posts Has That Special Something
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    He hasn't changed. It's alllllll you.

• Romo2barber24
    2202 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ok so torres is fantastic. Dont really know where you got the idea that hes bad :D
  • AreGrande
    764 posts Semi-Pro
    Did POTY Kante, what a beast.
  • Michael LFC 96

What's bale like as striker?

@BiigDee he's ok, I have him set to go wide so he's always in space on counters, finishing is hit and miss and he doesn't feel 94 pace at all! He's untradeable purely the only reason he's in the team haha
  • BiigDee
    Ah fair enough then. I've Lineker & Bday Villa to try and see how it goes. Won't post the feedback because the muppets will have me put in a straight jacket if something doesn't feel right. Cheers bud