England - Football's Coming Home

Comments

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Can't wait for this to unfold, like really! :D
    Break a leg with the exam though, it's definitely more important! :)
  • Danimal5981
    2158 posts Fans' Favourite
    ale85bg wrote: »

I'm familiar with the expression, but I would definitely go for keeping the legs intact.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Glad you finally got started with this man B)

Thanks Jason. It's taken me a while to get round to it considering I started planning it over a year ago. :joy:

Thanks ale. :)

I'm familiar with the expression, but I would definitely go for keeping the legs intact.

So would I, I think if I break a patient's leg I will fail the exam. :tongue:

• Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Congratulations @Danimal5981. With the most recent post not by me you're today's free pack winner. I'll sort you pack out tomorrow. :)
  • JamieC
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2017
    I need to go on to the Career mode stories page more often! How did I miss this one?

This is still my entry: :joy:

• Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    JamieC wrote: »
    I need to go on to the Career mode stories page more often! How did I miss this one?

This is still my entry: :joy:

Haha, don't worry you didn't miss too much.

I look forward to you entering that on Saturday. :)

Also, congratulations you're today's random winner. I'll sort out your pack along with all the other tonight. :)
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Here are the free reward packs from this week so far.

@Greenman019:
    9df2bc04e6f8917055728f89ec227cf1.png

@Danimal5981 Here are you starter packs and your reward pack:
    ee9b1ac1ee8a641e63689e0c3f0cd4da.png

3d49272b200f6f4148dc9f41cc0ed2c9.png

@JamieC Here are you starter packs and your reward pack:
    720fa79518f1f55288267ba1f370eb0e.png

ed63bd2e074af5a7f4b350af0215feaf.png

It looks like there are lots of people with duplicates already so if you want to do any trades why not post on here to find a trading partner.
    There may even be a special prize for the first people to do a trade. u2rDspO.gif
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    The rules for the prediction leagues have been added. I've come up with a new kind of prediction game. :)

Alastair wrote: »
    PVNUYxt.png

Predictions for the European Championships will be similar to a 'Last Man Standing' competition. Everyone will predict which team will win selected matches but you will only be able to use each team a limited number of times.

More details about the game are in the round specific sections below but here are some general rules which apply to all rounds:
    • The maximum number of lives you can have at any one time is five.
    • At any time you can trade in three lives to gain one more team of your choice.
    • In qualifying if a group stage match is drawn the away team will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • In the finals tournament if a group stage match is drawn the team with the lowest FIFA World ranking on 1/1/17 will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • If you do not predict a round of fixtures the first applicable teams you have left alphabetically will be picked.

Qualifying
    During Qualifying England will be playing in a group of six teams. You will have to predict the winning team in every match during the group stage but you may only use each team five times during the thirty matches. Each matchday will feature three matches and depending on what your score is you will gain or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Three correct predictions = Gain one life
    • Two correct predictions = No change in the number of lives
    • One correct prediction = Lose one life
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams (in the case that you have multiple plays of a team you will only lose one play)
    If you have less teams than the number you need to play left then you must still predict but you will not be able to get any rewards for a number of correct predictions greater than the number of predictions you made.

You will start off with three lives and once you've run out of lives you are eliminated from the competition.

If there is a tie between users at the end of a competition then the winner will be the one with the highest score (calculated by three times the number of teams remaining + number of lives remaining), then by number of teams remaining, then by number of lives remaining and then by number of correct predictions in the final round they played in. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.

Finals
    16 teams will qualify for the Finals tournament and will be drawn into four groups. During each group stage matchday you will have to predict three teams who will win. You may only use each team once and teams you use will not be available at any point later on in the tournament. Everyone will start on two lives and depending on your predictions you will win or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams.
    After the group stage you will have seven teams which you have not yet predicted and a selection of these teams will carry through to the knockout stage. The number of teams you take through will depend on how many lives you earned in the earlier rounds. So if you earned 5 lives you will be able to chose five of your teams to take through to the next round whereas if you earned one life you will only be able to choose one team to take through. You will have to name one of these teams as your Champion team and they will earn double points.
    You will earn points in the knockout rounds depending on how your teams get on. The points awarded for each round will be as follows:
    • Winner = 1000 points
    • Runner Up = 500 points
    • Losing Semi Finalist = 250 points
    • Losing Quarter Finalist = -250 points
    The person with the highest score overall will be crowned the winner. In the event of a tie it will be decided by which round their champion team got to, then number of lives in the group stage, and then counting back through all the rounds to see which user had the most teams playing. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.
    PXBA5G6.png

Predictions for the World Cup will be similar to a 'Last Man Standing' competition. Everyone will predict which team will win selected matches but you will only be able to use each team a limited number of times.

More details about the game are in the round specific sections below but here are some general rules which apply to all rounds:
    • The maximum number of lives you can have at any one time is five.
    • At any time you can trade in three lives to gain one more team of your choice.
    • In qualifying if a group stage match is drawn the away team will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • In the finals tournament if a group stage match is drawn the team with the lowest FIFA World ranking on 1/1/17 will be counted as the winner for the purpose of this game.
    • If you do not predict a round of fixtures the first applicable teams you have left alphabetically will be picked.

Qualifying
    During Qualifying England will be playing in a group of six teams. You will have to predict the winning team in every match during the group stage but you may only use each team five times during the thirty matches. Each matchday will feature three matches and depending on what your score is you will gain or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams (in the case that you have multiple plays of a team you will only lose one play)
    If you have less teams than the number you need to play left then you must still predict but you will not be able to get any rewards for a number of correct predictions greater than the number of predictions you made.

You will start off with three lives and once you've run out of lives you are eliminated from the competition.

If there is a tie between users at the end of a competition then the winner will be the one with the highest score (calculated by three times the number of teams remaining + number of lives remaining), then by number of teams remaining, then by number of lives remaining and then by number of correct predictions in the final round they played in. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.

Finals
    32 teams will qualify for the Finals tournament and will be drawn into eight groups. During each group stage matchday you will have to predict three teams who will win. For the groups there will be two matches per round of fixtures. The first matchday will involve groups A-D and the second will involve groups E-H. You may only use each team once and teams you use will not be available at any point later on in the tournament. Everyone will start with zero lives and depending on your predictions you will win or lose lives. The breakdown of how you can win or lose lives is as follows:
    • Zero correct predictions = Lose one life and the first team alphabetically that you have left to play will be removed from your available teams.
    After the group stage you will have fourteen teams which you have not yet predicted and a selection of these teams will carry through to the knockout stage. The number of teams you take through will depend on how many lives you earned in the earlier rounds. So if you earned 5 lives you will be able to chose five of your teams to take through to the next round whereas if you earned one life you will only be able to choose one team to take through. Half of your teams need to be from Groups A-D and half from Groups E-H. You will have to name one of these teams as your Champion team and they will earn double points.
    You will earn points in the knockout rounds depending on how your teams get on. The points awarded for each round will be as follows:
    • Winner = 1000 points
    • Runner Up = 500 points
    • Losing Semi Finalist = 250 points
    • Losing Quarter Finalist = -100 points
    • Losing Second Round Team = -500 points
    The person with the highest score overall will be crowned the winner. In the event of a tie it will be decided by which round their champion team got to, then number of lives in the group stage, and then counting back through all the rounds to see which user had the most teams playing. If it is still not possible to separate two users then a tie will be declared.

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alright then. @JamieC want to swap my Def1 for your Mid1?
  • JamieC
    796 posts Semi-Pro
    Alright then. @JamieC want to swap my Def1 for your Mid1?

Sure :smiley:
  • ale85bg
    The prediction game looks like a fun addition, looking forward to see how it unfolds and I might aswell join! :)
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    @Greenman019 and @JamieC A pack is coming you way each as a reward and I'll also process the trade in the spreadsheet tomorrow.

@JamieC You've also won today's pack as 8:46 was the winning time and you were nearest to it.
    The prediction game looks like a fun addition, looking forward to see how it unfolds and I might aswell join! :)

Glad you like it. Hopefully I didn't make it too complicated and difficult to understand. :)
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Now my exams are over I'll get back to this. I've done the transfer and updated the sticker album.

@Greenman019 You earned this pack:
    f1c06cea3ae18e0ec6f713e95124680f.png

@JamieC You earned these packs (one for the first trade and one for the time of the post):
    41e2853bcb68303aa2fdf15fcc621867.png
    a08f65eb24dc70b2d4cdfe6ee02c1ee6.png

Hopefully people will won't get confused with what stickers they have now another England thread is using the idea. :tongue:

Just as a heads up if people want to use the sticker idea: I'm pleased people want to use the idea and am happy for them to but I'd prefer it if people wait until I've finished the thread before incorporating it (especially if you're doing a thread with the same team as it'll just make it confusing for all the readers). You don't need to credit me (unless you especially want to for some reason) although it would be nice to at least send me a PM letting me know so I can follow it and see how it's being used. If this request to wait for a little while seems a bit strict then I'm sorry although it is the same as most people have done with similar ideas they came up with previously.

I'll be announcing the long awaited Anglovision along with something else (which I've already sort of announced with some of the stickers) shortly. :)

EDIT: The announcement is delayed until the BB Code issue on the forums is fixed.
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    I'm pleased to announce Anglovision. Feel free to submit your songs now. :)

KdzI8it.png

Three Lions, World in Motion and We're on the Ball are all classic English anthems which have been sung for years but now a new song is needed for a new generation of English football. This is why a national contest has been launched to find the new official anthem of the England football team. The Anglovision Song Contest will run in a similar format to the world famous Eurovision Song Concert with all the songs going head to head in a grand final before a public vote for the winner.

The song can be anything you like as long as it fulfils one simple rule, it can't be overly negative about England. It can be an existing song or one you've invented yourself. To enter it all you have to do is send some basic details such as the name of the song and a video or the lyrics and tune as a PM to @Alastair. You might also want to make a promotional post on this thread advertising the song and telling everyone why they should vote for you.

Once voting opens everyone who has submitted a song, as well as any else who wants to, can send a PM to @Alastair detailing who they will be awarding their votes to. They will vote for their favourite four songs awarding them 5 points, 3 points, 2 points and 1 point respectively.

Whether you think This time we'll get it right as we go All the Way because We've Got the Whole World at Our Feet or wonder How does it feel to be on top of the world? Whether you want to go to Jerusalem or Back Home. Or if you simply are not sure if you should Shout, Sing 4 England, eat a Vindaloo or just trust in Sven Sven Sven. Then this is the contest for you. We'll answer questions such as Is this the way to the World Cup as we find a song for England that will last a generation.

The 2016 contest is now open to submissions.

• ale85bg
    This is my submission for the Anglovision contest... Hopefully it doesn't become the official chant of the English supporters at the World Cup:
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    This is my submission for the Anglovision contest... Hopefully it doesn't become the official chant of the English supporters at the World Cup:

:joy: Thanks for your entry. It'd be good if we could get at least 5 more (ideally 10 in total) before we start the voting.
  • Karlos
    24280 posts Club Captain
    We still believe
  • Greenman019
    Vindalooo

• Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    @Greenman019 Sorry an old England song can't be submitted, it needs to be something which hasn't been an official song before. You could even write your own.
  • Greenman019
    @Greenman019 Sorry an old England song can't be submitted, it needs to be something which hasn't been an official song before. You could even write your own.

I know. Just like it :V
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator

I know. Just like it :V

Oh ok then, I look forward to your actual entry. :)
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Does anyone else what to enter anything?

I've got entries from @JamieC and @ale85bg so far.
  • Alastair
    10032 posts Moderator
    Just an update on this. Sorry I went awol, I had a few opportunities come up over the last few weeks and the next month or so which have meant I don't have as much time as I expected. I have played ahead a bit and plan to continue this on FIFA 18. :)