Market Crash Losses

Dap
81 posts Park Captain
Anyone else not sell their players yet and lose alot of coins? :/

Comments

• Retro_G
    27411 posts Player of the Year
    I sold a few days ago. I bought Ramos, Alba, Herrera a few hours ago for dirt cheap. The rest of my squads are untradeable or cheap players.
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional
    Dap wrote: »

You didn't lose any value.

The whole market crashed, not only the players you own.
  • Team Sam
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    RayG wrote: »

Not true mate.

If you sell early you can buy back to same team once it's dropped for a lot less, then have the difference left over
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    I sold early a few days ago, only lost 10k on taxes
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3286 posts National Call-Up
    Dont know if to sell or not now, I know prices will go back up.
  • Team Sam
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero

I kept the players I know I'll want to keep using, e.g. OTW Depay.

I sold TOTGS Cavani because I'll want his TOTS soon, so I'm just using his SBC for now.

You have to weigh up how much you'll save vs loss of enjoyment not using the cards you want for a period of time.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I am keeping two squads of good players.

I did take this opportunity to finally complete the big three La Liga SBC teams to add 94 Suarez to my club so I'm happy with the market crash.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Sold all my legends and expensive players the day before and purchased Blue Fekir, Kasper, Varane and Pogba.

Still have 400k to buy possibly another legend.

Players are dirt cheap right now.
  • Team Sam
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont know if to sell or not now, I know prices will go back up.

Probably not much to be honest.

I unloaded lots of my low value 82, 83 rated cards today though, as with the current SBCs they're going for inflated values.
  • sunderland
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Team Sam wrote: »

Not true mate.

If you sell early you can buy back to same team once it's dropped for a lot less, then have the difference left over

Yes it is true. He lost coins but the value of coins increased so therefore the value of his coins stayed the same and could afford the same players as he could of a week ago
  • tatadwader
    2354 posts Fans' Favourite
    I waited too long and just sold now.

Took 100k loss on 91 Cavani, 300k loss on 94 Lewandowski, and will probably lost about 100k on otw Higuian unless he does something magical tomorrow (I currently have him listed way above the lowest bin).

Next year I'll sell earlier.

I'm happy I finally did sell though, those players will only drop further as the WL wraps up.
  • TheonlywayisS6
    1934 posts Play-Off Hero
    Del Piero is 300k less than I paid, and I've only played 5 games with him :D

On the flip side, I sold striker Hazard for 899k a couple of weeks ago, and for that price I got him back plus Pogba and Ibra.
  • Dap
    81 posts Park Captain
    tatadwader wrote: »
    I waited too long and just sold now.

Took 100k loss on 91 Cavani, 300k loss on 94 Lewandowski, and will probably lost about 100k on otw Higuian unless he does something magical tomorrow (I currently have him listed way above the lowest bin).

Next year I'll sell earlier.

I'm happy I finally did sell though, those players will only drop further as the WL wraps up.
    Wow I'm in the same boat here thinking of selling my 89 Cavani for 100k loss my SIF Arnautvic for 60k loss or might just continue to play with them in hopes that they will bounce back in price
  • Dap
    81 posts Park Captain
    Del Piero is 300k less than I paid, and I've only played 5 games with him :D

On the flip side, I sold striker Hazard for 899k a couple of weeks ago, and for that price I got him back plus Pogba and Ibra.
    Wow I guess you win some and lose some haha
  • DREAM
    3209 posts National Call-Up
    Sold mine last Sunday after WL thankfully.
  • Mataay
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    sunderland wrote: »

Not true mate.

Yes it is true. He lost coins but the value of coins increased so therefore the value of his coins stayed the same and could afford the same players as he could of a week ago

You are completely right, the only thing you missed is being more wealthy if you sold your players a week ago, the value of your coins/players is almost the same as before compared to the market value.
  • Batman442
    3741 posts National Call-Up
    Why would anybody sell for tots, every player will be over 1million unless you have 15million after selling its a waste
  • KeepItUp
    1295 posts Professional
    Batman442 wrote: »
    Why would anybody sell for tots, every player will be over 1million unless you have 15million after selling its a waste

Lol, only 2 max 3 players will be over 1 million per league
  • Dap
    81 posts Park Captain

Not true mate.

Both of you are right it depends on how you look at it. Look up the difference between Economic and Accounting profit
  • TheBigCat
    54 posts Park Captain
    Cba I got the team I want sucks that my teams value went from 2.2m to like 1.7ish, but whatever:p
  • CeeQue
    10430 posts Has That Special Something
    About 2-300k on overall investment's. I sold most of my big name players early so not a huge loss.
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    Brought 5 promes sif don't know to sell and take the loss or keep
  • Batman442
    3741 posts National Call-Up
    KeepItUp wrote: »

So your saying hazard, mane, kante, lukaku, walker and de gea won't all be over 1m coins or close, right so let's say you have 3 million coins you can get 4 tots cards but still have **** all every else
  • Dap
    81 posts Park Captain
    lucas wrote: »
    When and for how much?
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional

So your saying hazard, mane, kante, lukaku, walker and de gea won't all be over 1m coins or close, right so let's say you have 3 million coins you can get 4 tots cards but still have **** all every else

Hazard will. Maybe Lukaku at a push. The others won't be close to a million.
  • lucas
    4926 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    lucas wrote: »
    When and for how much?

Few hours ago for 34k thought it was a good deal
  • Team Sam
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero

Not true mate.

Lol, I understand this and obviously agree, but it felt like he was missing the point. What the original poster means, and I mean, is that he has missed the opportunity to be better off by having the same players and cash in the bank, which now feels like a loss. Perhaps a loss of potential earnings, rather than a loss of value is a more accurate way of describing the situation.

Obviously if all of his cash is tied up in players then everything is relative, but the key difference is that for those of us that liquefied our assets, we're now better off as the cash we obtained a couple of weeks ago is now worth more.
  • Wooly1203
    2334 posts Fans' Favourite
    I sold my two teams last weekend and had about 1.1 million. Couldn't be patient so I just ended up buying new teams and now my players have gone down by a ton. Messi alone has gone down about 100k
  • DJM99
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Not sure about that mate. In the prem I think if Azpi is a CB he'll be expensive. Kante, Hazard and Lukaku will be though the roof and so will Walker. People like Alderweirald will also be expensive
  • Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2017
    DJM99 wrote: »

Not sure about that mate. In the prem I think if Azpi is a CB he'll be expensive. Kante, Hazard and Lukaku will be though the roof and so will Walker. People like Alderweirald will also be expensive

I think you forget how many tots cards there are and how many get packed. Walker won't be over 1 mil. Kante will be 750k max. Alderwerield will be like 150k, since he's "slow". He was 90k last year at one point..

Azpi would only be like 400k as well. His if was around 200k, so not extremely popular since he's small