One thing I have learned

Teepo
146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Never create attacks through possession football, the opponent just get
free Counter attack goals after you've spent several hours trying to
get through his defense.

Is Counter attacks always free goals in real life too?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15219 posts Moderator
    You can setup your players to stay back. Sokkers got a 433 guide with a video if you need to see how.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    That's why u play direct and play possession only when they chase the ball cause they are goals down
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    @Viggo 007 How? I pass too much
  • Aspral
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    It is frustrating when an opponent just packs the box with defenders. You'll try to pass and find a gap but you are left with 2 defenders back on the half way line.
  • Viggo 007
    Xtc wrote: »
    @Viggo 007 How? I pass too much

You force your clean chances and don't mess around
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    That's how fifa works. 90% of the goals scored in the WL for and against me are from counter attacks.
  • Hexagon Sun
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just go ultra defensive with your possession style , if it didnt worked out change your formation
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    Teepo wrote: »
    Is Counter attacks always free goals in real life too?
    No, in real life player can actually dribble and pass in the box without being pushed off the ball, blocked or your pass intercepted 99% of the time without your opponent pressing any button

You are rewarded in this game by playing negative, probably on purpose to help casual players.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    That's why u play direct and play possession only when they chase the ball cause they are goals down

This.

Too much possession makes it hard to break down a defence
  • Too much possession will make all CMs chasing around you while the defenders already in the box. One mistake pass results in goal conceded
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some people are just good no matter what - possession or counter doesn't matter. There are people who have an ability or aptitude for this game where they can see two or three moves ahead.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    It's not about possession or counter attack at this stage of the game. It's about using and abusing game mechanics. People tend to dribble a lot, Skillmoves, Agility and Dribbling are way to OP.

After the 2nd Berba Spin on a RL defender you would feel his elbow or his legs trying to break your shins. It's Arcade Football...
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Hody wrote: »
    It's not about possession or counter attack at this stage of the game. It's about using and abusing game mechanics. People tend to dribble a lot, Skillmoves, Agility and Dribbling are way to OP.

After the 2nd Berba Spin on a RL defender you would feel his elbow or his legs trying to break your shins. It's Arcade Football...

Couldn't agree less with this. I'm using 94 Hazard at the moment, 98 agility, 99 dribbling. I'm running down the wing towards the centre back, change direction to cut inside the chasing centre back who is sprinting flat out. All of a sudden centre back stops like he's run into a brick wall and sticks his trailing leg back to make the tackle.

Could not be less realistic. No sense of momentum at all
  • Viggo 007
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Some people are just good no matter what - possession or counter doesn't matter. There are people who have an ability or aptitude for this game where they can see two or three moves ahead.

You don't need to see two or three moves ahead, only one which is to never reach the position where you have to control the CBs.

That's it
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    jamie-vardy1.jpg