The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa - The way forward...

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
In my opinion the best things EA could do to improve Fifa are the following...

1) Goalkeepers - keepers should save an overall percentage of shots against them, based on their rating..
Difficult to implement I know, but for example, a 90 rated keeper should save 60% of the shots on target against him.... So you know if you put 10 shots on target against him, in theory you should score 4 goals...
85 rated keeper saves 55%, 80 rated keeper saves 50% and so on....

2) Substitutions - No subs can be made before minute 30... This would make it more realistic and also deter the people who have Ronaldo on the bench and want to sub him on in minute 1 to exploit the chemistry...

3) Formation Changes - No formation changes can be made before minute 30 for the same reasons as number 2.. It makes the game more realistic and deters people from exploiting the chemistry by starting with a formation they have no intention of playing in...

4) Custom Tactics - Remove all custom tactics from the game other than offside trap on or off.... I don't believe the custom tactics make much difference and people should just get on with playing the game.. It isn't Football Manager it's Fifa!

5) Player Instructions - Remove all player instructions from the game other than fullbacks stay back or get foward... Let's face it, the instructions have no consistency at all so don't complicate things....

6) Attribute and Chemistry Cards - Remove them all from the game.. The only purpose they serve is to fill packs.. They still don't do what EA seem to think they do in game.. Get rid of them and restrict players to simply performing to their base stats.. Then there's no confusion or complication...

7) Skills - Remove the pointless skills from the game.. There aren't many but skills like keep ups for example.. Why is that even in the game?.. The only time anyone ever uses it is when they're winning and they pass back to the keeper and do keep ups just to be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.. Get rid of it...

8) Assistance - IF there is any AI assistance programmed into the game, just remove it.. Better player then wins most of the time, just as it should be in a 'competitive' game....

9) Latency Bars - Remove the latency bars and instead show both yours and your opponents ping instead.... Sure it will make people a bit more selective over the opponents they play against but why should we be forced to play against people with an awful connection?

10) Compensation Lag - IF it is in the game, remove it.. The person with the good connection gets the good gameplay as they deserve it.. And if the opponents connection isn't strong enough, they should get disconnected and the game doesn't count for them.. They get to play again but the other person recieves the win for their inconvenience...

These are just my thoughts and opinions... I'm sure people will disagree with some or all of them and it's unlikely EA would change any of them.... But I reckon the game could be far better if they even changed just a couple of things I mentioned...

Comments

• silverdale10
    1518 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2017

10) Compensation Lag - IF it is in the game, remove it.. The person with the good connection gets the good gameplay as they deserve it.. And if the opponents connection isn't strong enough, they should get disconnected and the game doesn't count for them.. They get to play again but the other person recieves the win for their inconvenience...

This is the most important and has to be done.

I reached the final of the DK's earlier this evening playing some great FIFA, I got matched up in the final with a very beatable team but it felt like I was playing against a squad of legends with a bunch of random players I'd just packed in a 400 coin opening spree. He wasn't a very good player and It took him until the 60th to score when he finally realised he could lob it over the top and my defence would take an age to realise what was happening. The lag made it impossible for me to create anything, it's absolutely soul destroying.

I've Just put the controller down after going 1-0 behind in a Quarter-final with the same thing happening, there's no point carrying on when it's like this.

• bigpokey24
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    Only 2 points in your list should be implemented. Chemistry and Latency bars.( they should increase more servers, what i noticed, when the menus are slow, you will get laggy and button delay games) I played a few WL games after 4-5pm CT and the gameplay was smooth... The servers cannot handle the high amount of people logged in at the same time, the worst time to play games are when TOTW /rewards are out

Actually 3 things they should improve on are as follows

1: Tackles, re-code tackles, when i tackle the ball with the tackle button , it should never fall smoothly for the opposition , if they have issues re-coding , allow it to go out of bounds or allow both opponents to fight for the ball.

2: Dashboard disconnect glitch, penalize those who do it all the time , i should never get a loss , if they cannot fix it , then allow zero loss of contract, matches and fitness

3: This has always been in every FIFA .. when i make a lob pass or cross while on the attack, ensure my players
    who are miles away from the ball stop running forward , when the opposition wins the header or the goalie gets the ball. I do not get why it takes like 3-5 secs for my players to react to this, this is why counters are so effective.
  • RadioShaq
    15598 posts Moderator
    Should remove skills or nerf them.
  • Retro_G
    31949 posts National Team Captain
    edited April 2017
    In my opinion the best things EA could do to improve Fifa are the following...

1) Goalkeepers - keepers should save an overall percentage of shots against them, based on their rating..
    Difficult to implement I know, but for example, a 90 rated keeper should save 60% of the shots on target against him.... So you know if you put 10 shots on target against him, in theory you should score 4 goals...
    85 rated keeper saves 55%, 80 rated keeper saves 50% and so on....

2) Substitutions - No subs can be made before minute 30... This would make it more realistic and also deter the people who have Ronaldo on the bench and want to sub him on in minute 1 to exploit the chemistry...

3) Formation Changes - No formation changes can be made before minute 30 for the same reasons as number 2.. It makes the game more realistic and deters people from exploiting the chemistry by starting with a formation they have no intention of playing in...

4) Custom Tactics - Remove all custom tactics from the game other than offside trap on or off.... I don't believe the custom tactics make much difference and people should just get on with playing the game.. It isn't Football Manager it's Fifa!

5) Player Instructions - Remove all player instructions from the game other than fullbacks stay back or get foward... Let's face it, the instructions have no consistency at all so don't complicate things....

6) Attribute and Chemistry Cards - Remove them all from the game.. The only purpose they serve is to fill packs.. They still don't do what EA seem to think they do in game.. Get rid of them and restrict players to simply performing to their base stats.. Then there's no confusion or complication...

7) Skills - Remove the pointless skills from the game.. There aren't many but skills like keep ups for example.. Why is that even in the game?.. The only time anyone ever uses it is when they're winning and they pass back to the keeper and do keep ups just to be a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.. Get rid of it...

8) Assistance - IF there is any AI assistance programmed into the game, just remove it.. Better player then wins most of the time, just as it should be in a 'competitive' game....

9) Latency Bars - Remove the latency bars and instead show both yours and your opponents ping instead.... Sure it will make people a bit more selective over the opponents they play against but why should we be forced to play against people with an awful connection?

These are just my thoughts and opinions... I'm sure people will disagree with some or all of them and it's unlikely EA would change any of them.... But I reckon the game could be far better if they even changed just a couple of things I mentioned...

1. Disagree, all GK's should be standardised. It's A.I. controlled, should be fair for both players, save similar shots.

2. Disagree, unrealistic. Subs do happen early in the real game.

3. Disagree, allows a bit of freedom. Ronaldo does play ST, LW in real world football, why should you be limited in Fifa?

4. Slightly agree. Custom tactics should be removed from fut champions, although quick tactics, attacking/defending tendencies are fine. It would make the mode more balanced.

5. Disagree, player instructions should be improved going forward.

6. Agree about training cards. Disagree about chemistry styles, they balance the game.

7. Disagree, skills should be in the game, although have a low success ratio. Spamable effective easy skill moves need a nerf.

8. Disagree, A.I. assistance is needed in a football game. Player confidence that EA Spain talked about, should be removed from Fut Champions.

9. Agreed

10. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ suggestion, lag compensation is needed in an online game. Awful connections in Fut Champs who constantly disconnect, should be warned about their connection. Three or more disconnects in a weekend league should equal a disqualification. That's the way poor connection's are dealt with in other competitive games.
  • Ronaldo
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    So in essence OP wants everything that beats him removed thinking it will make him Better? I agree with the attribute cards being removed and such but pointless skills? really.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Only agree with number 10 on your list
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    Didn't read it but respect to the Berk pic.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    bigpokey24
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Only 2 points in your list should be implemented. Chemistry and Latency bars.( they should increase more servers, what i noticed, when the menus are slow, you will get laggy and button delay games) I played a few WL games after 4-5pm CT and the gameplay was smooth... The servers cannot handle the high amount of people logged in at the same time, the worst time to play games are when TOTW /rewards are out

Actually 3 things they should improve on are as follows

1: Tackles, re-code tackles, when i tackle the ball with the tackle button , it should never fall smoothly for the opposition , if they have issues re-coding , allow it to go out of bounds or allow both opponents to fight for the ball.

2: Dashboard disconnect glitch, penalize those who do it all the time , i should never get a loss , if they cannot fix it , then allow zero loss of contract, matches and fitness

3: This has always been in every FIFA .. when i make a lob pass or cross while on the attack, ensure my players
    who are miles away from the ball stop running forward , when the opposition wins the header or the goalie gets the ball. I do not get why it takes like 3-5 secs for my players to react to this, this is why counters are so effective.

I totally agree about the tackling but I think any potential improvements to gameplay (and to be honest I don't see any really being implemented) will be muted if they cannot/refuse to correct the refereeing. Your players get slaughtered all over the pitch while your opponents finishes the match with 20 tackles and 0 or 1 foul(s). You can't have properly balanced gameplay when the tackling/foul issue is this out of whack.
  • Retro_G
    31949 posts National Team Captain
    Video explaining how lag compensation works.

• leon_
    730 posts Sunday League Hero
    Only agree with the 3, 4 and 10
  • AlwaysDisappointed
    1855 posts Play-Off Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    No. LT+RT maybe, but skills in general, no

• BFC CLARETTRICK
    1185 posts Professional
    How about a new game developer for starters if you think ea are going to improve fifa you're a clown 5 years of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ gameplay it will never change it's all about that money from idiots opening packs.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    yeah, let's make contain button more OP

• GoodnightIrene
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    I read idea number 1 and couldn't read the rest, because if you start the list of with number 1 which is without a doubt the worst idea I have ever heard in my life, then I simply don't want to even comprehend what ideas 2 through 10 are.
  • DeVettigeSwa
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sometimes swapping formations is just necessary for tactical purposes. The difference with real life is that you know which team you are facing, so you can adjust your formation and tactic to your opponent. When you don't allow to change formation in game, you should actually also allow to see the other team before kick off and make tactical adjustments before the start of the game.
    I mean, when I enter in a game and I see I'm playing a 5ATB guy, I will instantaneously pause and swap formation in order to be able to beat him and not get exploited by a stupid counter.
    Some formations are just better to counter certain formations and swapping formations brings a tactical aspect to the game and is not only exploiting chemistry.
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    1. Goalkeepers - 100% agree on the fact that they need to be consistent. You can't just make a GK super human to stop the better player from stomping the worse one. We have divisions and skill gaps to solve this.

2. Subs - Team chem or in-game chem would solve everything

3. Formation changes - Adding managers to formations much like PES do would solve this also. You swap formation? You lose chem.

4. Custom tactics - I'd only agree in punishing those with stamina draining who abuse custom tactics.

5. Player instructions - I like the idea of them and it allows you to use more players and play the style you want to. Disagree completely.

6. Attribute cards/ Chem cards - Make chem cards less of a massive boost. A 75 paced player can go up to 90. That's stupid.

In terms of attribute cards? I have an interesting theory. We call it cheating using them. But we don't call it cheating using a higher rated IF card do we? But you pay to get that and you pay to get attribute cards. I don't use them but it's interesting isn't it?

7. Skills - you learn to defend them. No problem here.

8. Assistance - agreed. Stop hand holding and baby sitting bad players as much as they are.

9. Latency bars - they aren't a true telling and it is frustrating

10. Delay and compensation? I'm not sure about the technical part. But I agree sometimes it feels like you're stuck in mud and fighting against everything.
  • GoodJobWellDone
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Retro_G wrote: »

I'm not sure what system they implement in FIFA, but it's not this. Confirming hit registration between host and clients is simple when compared to FIFA. Think of AI reactions, AI positioning, ball physics, other engine decisions based upon card attributes, all of these things are not required in an FPS because it has far less RNG and AI dependency.

I find it difficult to take any victory or loss seriously in FIFA because I know of the disparity in game quality between the two clients. EA should only be matching people that can have the same experience or very close to it, but what has been going on in FUT champions isn't even close. It appears that they prioritise matching making times above all else, I'd rather quality rather than quantity. The very fact that they can create a match between Europeans on an American server just shows how bad the implementation of match making is.
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    edited April 2017
    Retro_G wrote: »

I'm not sure what system they implement in FIFA, but it's not this. Confirming hit registration between host and clients is simple when compared to FIFA. Think of AI reactions, AI positioning, ball physics, other engine decisions based upon card attributes, all of these things are not required in an FPS because it has far less RNG and AI dependency.

I find it difficult to take any victory or loss seriously in FIFA because I know of the disparity in game quality between the two clients. EA should only be matching people that can have the same experience or very close to it, but what has been going on in FUT champions isn't even close. It appears that they prioritise matching making times above all else, I'd rather quality rather than quantity. The very fact that they can create a match between Europeans on an American server just shows how bad the implementation of match making is.

Amen to that! So frustrating
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class

This is the most important and has to be done.

I reached the final of the DK's earlier this evening playing some great FIFA, I got matched up in the final with a very beatable team but it felt like I was playing against a squad of legends with a bunch of random players I'd just packed in a 400 coin opening spree. He wasn't a very good player and It took him until the 60th to score when he finally realised he could lob it over the top and my defence would take an age to realise what was happening. The lag made it impossible for me to create anything, it's absolutely soul destroying.

I've Just put the controller down after going 1-0 behind in a Quarter-final with the same thing happening, there's no point carrying on when it's like this.

Yes I agree. Sometimes I wonder if it is me winning or my opponent just lagging behind. I know when I lose due to lag but have no idea if I actually won.
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    i lot of your issues come down to a very poor RNG effect. For example

1. A goal keeper should let in a very high percentage IF he is facing high quality chances all game. Thats the issue I have. Too many goals are scored from low percentage shots and either the gk either just lets them in OR turns them into high percentage chances by palming it directly to an attacker
    2. Tackling and defensive positioning is similar. You can make a tackle for a perfect position and lose the ball just as easily as you can make a poor tackle from a ridiculous angle and win the ball

I could go on, but when you allow ALL outcomes from almost any position, you create ludicrous scenarios
  • aotfw
    74 posts Park Captain
    Just get rid of the goddamn input delay. This is probably at the root of many other problems, e.g. goalkeepers. If this was finally fixed, a lot of other problems would dissolve with it.