Stoke City - Rise of the Potters

Terry123
21 posts Ball Boy
edited April 2017
stoke-city-logo.png?w=500

Stoke City FC
The Rise of the Potters!

A career mode with Stoke City FC on World Class difficulty. I first became a fan off of Stoke during the Tony Pulis days and after going the match against Hull I noticed Mark Hughes resorted to Pulis' original tactic to get the result they needed. The Crouch & Walters partnership goes on.

Middlesborough 0 v Stoke City 1
Crouch '75
A good start to the season which saw the potters nick the win with Walters assisting Crouch.

Stoke City 2 v 1 Man City
Afellay '48
Walters '52
A goal almost from kick off when Afellay ran through the centre of the pitch unmarked and was played a long through ball to which he slotted home confidently, followed by Walters finishing a one-on-one off in cool fashion.

Everton 0 v 0 Stoke City
Chances for both sides but no goals.

Stoke City 1 v 2 Tottenham
4' Alli
10' Janssen
Red Card 12' Joe Allen
16' Crouch
Red Card 64' Kane
A terrible start with two goals conceded and a straight red card to Joe Allen. There was a bit of hope after Crouch got a goal back with a trademark header and then Harry Kane saw a straight red in the 65th minute but the potters couldn't get the equaliser.

Comments

• Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Europa League
    Spartak Moscow 1 v 2 Stoke City
    14'
    52' Crouch
    75' (pen) Arnautovic
    A great comeback gets us off to a flying start in the Europa League group stages. Three points on the board straight away.

EFL Cup
    Stoke City 0 v 2 Arsenal

4' Ozil
    41' Sanchez
    Red Card '81 Arnautovic
    A pretty poor match we're we never really got going. The red card summed up a bad day at the office for us.

Premier League
    Stoke City 2 v 0 West Brom

22' Crouch
    26' Adam
    Our most comfortable game yet. Playing with 3 at the back and using the wingers to get crosses in for both Crouch and Walters to get on the end of. Two goals in 5 minutes, with a Charlie Adam header, was enough to seal the win today.

Crystal Palace 1 v 2 Stoke City
    37' Afellay
    45' Walters
    74' Ledley
    An absolute screamer from Afellay put us ahead before Walters doubled the lead on the half-time mark. We could have been 3 or 4 up by the time Ledley pulled one back for Palace but we saw the game out regardless.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    A couple of very good results, sorry to see you lose to Arsenal in the league, but a positive beginning overall.
    Good luck man! :)
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Stoke City 0 v 0 FC Midtjylland
    Both sides had chances but I felt we should have won this game we just couldn't get the goal. Shakiri came close to winning it after striking the bar in injury time but it wasn't meant to be.

Man United 0 v 0 Stoke City
    Red Card 74' Mkhirtayn
    Red Card 84' Shawcross

A match dominated by United but ended a goalless draw.
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    ale85bg wrote: »
    A couple of very good results, sorry to see you lose to Arsenal in the league, but a positive beginning overall.
    Good luck man! :)

Cheers mate. Made up with the results so far, enjoying it while it lasts.
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Stoke City 1 vs 0 Sunderland
    35' Crouch
    Red Card 72' Arnautovic
    Great finish from Crouch who seems to be scoring when he's got half a chance. However yet another red card.

Hull City 0 v 1 Stoke City
    '59 Diouf
    A clever through ball from Shakiri saw Diouf slot the ball home on the hour mark but only God knows how we didn't concede at the end of this game and were lucky to nick 3 points in the end.

Europa League
    Genk 1 v 2 Stoke City
    Red Card 81' Crouch
    82' Walters
    What a win this was for us. Although we were dominated for large spells of the game, and down to 10 men, Walters managed to nick the ball off of the last Genk defender and took the ball away past the goalkeeper.

• ale85bg
    Apparently it's lasting! :joy:
    Well done again! :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck... although you may not need it since the results are quite good.

BTW... if you have time for it, I wish you csn post standings from time to time to make the story easier to follow. :)
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Apparently it's lasting! :joy:
    Well done again! :)

Smashing it mate.
    subpop wrote: »
    Good luck... although you may not need it since the results are quite good.

BTW... if you have time for it, I wish you csn post standings from time to time to make the story easier to follow. :)

Yeah I plan to use more graphics and that, was just seeing how long I could stay interested in this. So far so good. Going to download some of the resource stuff on this forum and give it a try. Will post league & group stage pictures from now on.

Cheers for following guys.
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2017
    Stoke City 0 v 0 Swansea
    A goalless draw today. Two penalty shouts for us were turned down and Swansea almost won it at the end hitting the post.

Stoke City 2 v 0 Spartak Moscow
    62' Johnson
    78' Bony
    Comfortably top of the group after todays win. Also managed to play about with tactics and ended up playing 3 at the back, a flat 4 for midfield and a cam with two target men. Worked out really well.

West Ham 1 v 2 Stoke City
    44' Bony
    57' Carroll
    90' Crouch
    What a game!! Bony put us ahead first half but Carroll equalised for West Ham early on second half. An end to end game that saw us nick the win with a Peter Crouch header deep into injury time.

---

AS REQUESTED

Here are some screenshots of the current tables. We are on fire!!

Premier League Table

JhAqxvZ.png

Europa League

B5x1ChE.png
  • ale85bg
    Almost dominating it seems.
    Well done man, keep it up as it's a great run!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Thank you!

You are doing great! Definitely over expectations in the Premier league and almost already through. What a season!
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2017
    Premier_League_banner_large.jpg?14802147687808483896

Stoke City 1 v 0 Bournemouth
    70' Walters
    God knows how we won this one. Absolutely dominated from start to finish but Walters nicked the ball of their defence last man and slotted the ball away for another massive win for Stoke City.

Watford 1 v 2 Stoke
    32' Behrami
    44' Bony
    63' Bony
    What a win. After going 1 down we pulled it back with a Bony screamer after a delightful cross field pass came from Arnie, and then a trademark Stoke cross got us the second with Bony rising high and burying a header in.

Stoke City 1 v 2 Burnley

2' Vokes
    30' (pen) Bony
    Red Card 50' Allen
    61' (pen) Vokes
    An action packed game this was. We had the worst possible start after Vokes was played through on goal almost immediately. We equalised through a penalty but also gave one away in the second half seeing us lose on a frustrating afternoon in Stoke.

Stoke City 0 v 1 Southampton

31' Davis
    Another bad day at the office. We had chances but couldn't take them, including a one on one for Walters who on another day slots these every time.

8Z5RJsz.png

European News/Update coming very soon...
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2017
    europaleague_540_banner.jpg?w=545

Stoke City 1 v 1 Genk
    7' Pozuelo
    58' Shaqiri
    Red Card 60' Imbula
    Another good result despite the opposition perhaps having the better of the game. A cross from Crouch met a Shaqiri header for the equaliser and the momentum had shifted but a red card for a perfectly good tackle from Imbula put the result in doubt.

Midtjyl. 0 v 1 Stoke City
    28' (pen) Shagiri
    A straight-forward win to finish our fantastic showing in the Europa League group stage. On to the knock out stages it is!

oSMmYUP.png

Next Team in Europa League

863.png

What a draw for the potters! The mighty Ajax of Amsterdam. I was so happy with this draw and can't wait for the two legged tie.

• Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2017
    premier_league_banner-475x340.png

Next Four Games

95.png 1.png 9.png 5.png

(Home) Leicester
    (Away) Arsenal
    (Away) Liverpool
    (Away) Chelsea

As we come to the mid-way point of the season we are pushing the top of the table. I'd usually take a point against each of these teams but if we are to keep pressure up at the top we need at least two wins from these fixtures. If we get results against these teams then I think it will be a massive statement to the rest of the league that this season Stoke City are on the march.
    Post edited by Terry123 on
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    stoke look like potential champions league material!!
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Richoman wrote: »
    stoke look like potential champions league material!!

Cheers mate. Skys the limit so far. Going to see how I feel at the end of the first season because I have a few stories I want to have a crack at while I'm off Uni;
    - A team from the lowest league in England
    - Liverpool (assuming a top 4 finish to start with CL football)
    - Celtic
    - FC Barcelona!
  • Danimal5981
    2177 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cool that you drew Ajax!
  • ale85bg
    edited April 2017
    Cool that you drew Ajax!
    There must be something in the water in Canada then, as I also drew them in the UEL round of 32 after failing to qualify in the UCL group... We're all a big family! :joy:

On a different note, may I suggest you to review the way you choose team logos? They do look too different from each other also in size, and it spoils their look a little.
    You could use the ones featured in SoFIFA for example, they all have the same look and they all are of the same size (128x128 if I don't go wrong) with transparent background, like these:
    243.png47.png461.png
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Cool that you drew Ajax!

I know mate! Been following your story so got a smile out of me when I saw the fixture.

Cool that you drew Ajax!
    There must be something in the water in Canada then, as I also drew them in the UEL round of 32 after failing to qualify in the UCL group... We're all a big family! :joy:

On a different note, may I suggest you to review the way you choose team logos? They do look too different from each other also in size, and it spoils their look a little.
    You could use the ones featured in SoFIFA for example, they all have the same look and they all are of the same size (128x128 if I don't go wrong) with transparent background, like these:
    243.png47.png461.png

Thanks for the feedback mate. I did try and keep them all the same size-ish but that was the best I could do. I'll check out SoFIFA!
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Stoke City 1 v 0 Leicester City
    Red Card 22' Diouf
    Red Card 45' Arnautovic
    54' Johnson
    What a game!! After being to 9 men for the second half we won the game with an absolute screamer from Glen Johnson, which earned me the playstation trophy "Sweet Spot" which is score a goal from more than 25 yards out with a defender. Massive win for a Stoke City team dreaming of the Premier League title.

Arsenal 2 v 2 Stoke City
    18' (pen) Sanchez
    44' (pen) Walters
    51' Coquelin
    Red Card '75 Shawcross
    '78 Bony
    End to end stuff with two penalties. We fell behind twice but kept on fighting. Another red card for a superb tackle by Shawcross has got me scratching my head! Either way we'll take the draw on this one.

Liverpool 0 v 1 Stoke
    Red Card 10' Muniesa
    '35 Bony
    A scrappy game which saw us get a 4th red card in the last three games. Bony got on the end of a low cross which Karius did well to get a hand to but it scuffled over the line giving us the lead. Liverpool had so many chances to pull level but Butland was on form for us today. What a win.
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    wish you had beaten Arsenal :D
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Nice start here. Amazing to see you doing so well in both the league and in Europe. :)
  • ale85bg
    Another brilliant set of results. Drawing against Arsenal is nothing to be ashamed about, and a win against Liverpool is always going to be a huge result for Stoke. Keep it up!
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but my PS4 broke and I lost all data on it. Unfortunately this fairy tale story will not have a fairy tale ending. Gutted.

Thanks to everyone who followed and posted feedback. I'm now looking to hopefully start a new career with my beloved Liverpool which will be my final career save before FIFA 18.

Cheers