Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Mike
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Hahahaha
    Hard to put into words my emotions about yesterday. City are a good team and deserved to win yesterday. Alot of people have had thier say on us and we have to accept cristism when we lose. That being said i can't accept some of the decisions that went against us yesterday. What ever you say about the first goal, its a foul. The second goal is offside. There should have been a second yellow in the first half. Yes this happens in football but its still hard to accept. And people will say we are looking for excuses but these are facts. Anyway we need to respond, starting on thursday. Thanks to all the gooners for your support and trust me we feel the same but we need to stick together
  • ViVaWhom
    8303 posts League Winner
    if wenger is spreading those delusions the club will never change
  • Ashy
    10031 posts Has That Special Something
    Even as an Arsenal fan the first goal wasn't a foul, the second goal the offside people talk about the player didn't obstruct view or be involved in play, not sure about the 2nd yellow, either way if those decisions were wrong we played nowhere near good enough to win the game, I don't mind losing to a better team as long as we show fight and we didn't, excuses excuses
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    Don't think @PES has been more spot on about anything that he was about Mustafi. He's an abomination of a footballer

Didn't he say Xhaka was a donkey too

He has described pretty much every player in football as a donkey, though.
  • G000ner
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Even as an Arsenal fan the first goal wasn't a foul, the second goal the offside people talk about the player didn't obstruct view or be involved in play, not sure about the 2nd yellow, either way if those decisions were wrong we played nowhere near good enough to win the game, I don't mind losing to a better team as long as we show fight and we didn't, excuses excuses

We've had some terrible decisions go against us this season, but I thought the referee was excellent yesterday. Got just about everything right. The players and Wenger are just looking for excuses to distract you from the abject performance. City were lucky in the sense they scored from their only three shots on target, but if they played near to their best they could've beaten us about 8-0.

Even though Wilshere's post is ****, it is nice to see some players care about the game. Serious lack of that yesterday
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    I also find it odd how many young players have such incredible starts at Arsenal before fading in to bland mediocrity. It's like they have all the flair and fight coached out of them.

Ox hasn't exactly been amazing at Liverpool but he has been rapidly improving and his career seems to be back on track again.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    I also find it odd how many young players have such incredible starts at Arsenal before fading in to bland mediocrity. It's like they have all the flair and fight coached out of them.

Ox hasn't exactly been amazing at Liverpool but he has been rapidly improving and his career seems to be back on track again.

That had already started at Arsenal, he was playing very well at rwb and few good cameo appearances at cm. First half of the second leg against Bayern stands out, before the team self-destructed in the second half.

Ox has always had the ability but he is and always will be inconsistent in my opinion.
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Would snap your hand off for £50m combined for Xhaka & Mustafi. The good thing is most of our fringe players will be at the World Cup, I’m not sure their value can drop much lower for some of them. Hopefully players like Ospina, Iwobi and Elneny have good world cups.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I'm amazed with how Wilshere has got away with his performance, he was easily the worst player on the pitch. He spent more time on the deck than on his feet, if Ozil had played like that he'd be shagged by everyone.
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    How would you feel about Rodgers next season?

• LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    What happened to Ancelotti living in London
  • SDoofus
    6234 posts Big Money Move
    Judging by how United fans like to say Rodgers is better than Klopp, he'd be a fantastic signing.
  • Retro_G
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Judging by how United fans like to say Rodgers is better than Klopp, he'd be a fantastic signing.

Rodgers was hard done by with you lot. He is a good manger.
  • SDoofus
    Retro_G wrote: »

Not really. Consistency is so important in football, and at the end of the day Rodgers led us to a top 4 finish just once. The other 2 seasons resulted in a 7th place finish and a 6th place finish, both miles off the top 4, points-wise.

People seem to have forgotten the shambles of a team he assembled after the 2013/14 season. He spent the Suarez money awfully and we went from being a joyful team to watch, to being pure garbage week in and week out. I don’t even want to talk about the shambolic showing in the CL.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

Not really. Consistency is so important in football, and at the end of the day Rodgers led us to a top 4 finish just once. The other 2 seasons resulted in a 7th place finish and a 6th place finish, both miles off the top 4, points-wise.

People seem to have forgotten the shambles of a team he assembled after the 2013/14 season. He spent the Suarez money awfully and we went from being a joyful team to watch, to being pure garbage week in and week out. I don’t even want to talk about the shambolic showing in the CL.

Thought you had a transfer committee that was only scrapped when Kloppo came along?
  • SDoofus
    edited February 2018

Thought you had a transfer committee that was only scrapped when Kloppo came along?

Even if that were true, it doesn't excuse anything. Klopp took that same team to 2 Cup finals in his first three quarters of a season.
  • SDoofus
    And actually had us playing in an exciting way again.
  • Hitman_Hatton

Even if that were true, it doesn't excuse anything. Klopp took that same team to 2 Cup finals in his first three quarters of a season.

Having to part with Suarez and then getting lumbered with Beetroot and Balotelli - reasonable enough excuse for why he struggled.
  • SDoofus
    edited February 2018
    Except Klopp took over that squad and improved us immediately, getting us to 2 cup finals and playing good football. Our final League position would have been better too, if he didn't prioritise the EL semis/final towards the end. Only 6 points behind 4th, despite Rodger's absolutely terrible start.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

he's got the same amount of winners medals though
  • SDoofus

Yeah, you're really funny, well done. Cracking joke.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    Except Klopp took over that squad and improved us immediately, getting us to 2 cup finals and playing good football. Our final League position would have been better too, if he didn't prioritise the EL semis/final towards the end. Only 6 points behind 4th, despite Rodger's absolutely terrible start.

You'll always get a new manager bounce with someone the level of Kloppo. Brodge probably got ground down due to the situation of going from Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling to the likes of the replacements I mentioned.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain

Wasn't a joke, was a fact Scott
  • Retro_G

:joy:

l3ol6.gif
  • Klopp has clearly been a massive upgrade, bloke is among the elite and has played a part in revolutionising our perception of the game as we know it.

Rodgers is a very good progressive manager with a ton of potential, certainly the best active UK born manager imo. A club the size of Liverpool was to much to soon for him but it's been a while now, I know Arsenal fans would hate it but I think he could do a decent job if given time.

Honestly though I think the best realistic choice would be Rafa, his first priority is to create a strong spine, somthing Arsenal have lacked for well over a decade. He's proven at the top level and is on-course with keeping an average championship squad in the premier league. He knows how to work with difficult owners.

No_NaMe wrote: »

That had already started at Arsenal, he was playing very well at rwb and few good cameo appearances at cm. First half of the second leg against Bayern stands out, before the team self-destructed in the second half.

Ox has always had the ability but he is and always will be inconsistent in my opinion.

He does seem so much more driven though, it's taking some time but he is finding consistancy and taking some responsibility.

I think he among many other Arsenal players just needed a kick up the rear.
  • Ahmer50x
    20012 posts Club Captain
    Arsenal need someone who can add defensive solidity and Rodgers isn't that guy.

Personally, I think Antonio Conte would be absolutely perfect for a few years if he leaves Chelsea this summer.
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Arsenal need someone who can add defensive solidity and Rodgers isn't that guy.

Personally, I think Antonio Conte would be absolutely perfect for a few years if he leaves Chelsea this summer.

Conte would be great but I doubt it'd happen.

I think Rafa could provide that. He always built from the back and focused on a strong spine. Unlike Wenger he is cold and you have to earn any affection from him. He'll provide the kick up the rear those players need

• G000ner
    www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11670/11270991/arsenal-25-1m-in-profit-despite-champions-league-absence

Best business in the world
  • ViVaWhom
    8303 posts League Winner
    we made 80m profit without CL so not quiet Best at anything :) sorry
  • G000ner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    we made 80m profit without CL so not quiet Best at anything :) sorry

The point of the article was to show that Arsenal were still able to make profit without CL football.
    Since United are in the CL, they are irrelevant to this discussion- even if they make more profit without it. My post was quite clearly not to be taken literally, anyway.