Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Mark
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect

I'd say arsenal could get cech. If they offer a good amount Jose won't stop cech if HE wants to make the move to arsenal he's already said he won't stop him moving to another premier leauge team. Either arsenal or Liverpool should snap him up while he's available

Tbh I don't think we really need him, no point wasting valuable money on him when Ospina is perfectly fine
  • Ok, so looking at the following 7 potential transfer targets, which one do you think should join us and why?

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    6. Schneiderlin (might be spelled wrong :# )
    7. Smalling

Is this why they should join us or why we should go for them?

Of that list I'd only opt for Cech to buy.
    Both, particularly why we should go for them.
    We should go for Cech because he's top 3 keepers in the league, our keepers are hardly filling everyone with confidence either. Solid signing (if we could).

I'd say Reus too, but his injury record mixed with ours, would we see him? I'm not so sure.

I don't buy Schneiderlin as any solution for us. Giroud is better than Cavani too. Sterling his price is a joke, most likely. Gundogan, unless he was a feasible price I don't think it's worth the risk. Smalling is ****, much rather Jones if we had either.

:joy: :joy: :joy:
    Cavani was good in Italy. He's useless for Uruguay and PSG. Giroud has been stupendous this season. Had a brilliant season last too...
  • Ospina has done quality so far. If we get Cech, we'll have to Sell Szczesny and make him 2nd choice until he proves himself.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Mark wrote: »
    I'd say arsenal could get cech. If they offer a good amount Jose won't stop cech if HE wants to make the move to arsenal he's already said he won't stop him moving to another premier leauge team. Either arsenal or Liverpool should snap him up while he's available

Tbh I don't think we really need him, no point wasting valuable money on him when Ospina is perfectly fine

A world class keeping is what arsenal have been lacking imo scze isn't good enough and ospina has played well of late but having a world class keeper would improve arsenal vastly
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Ospina is not perfectly fine, he is very dodgy and only our starter because Szczesny is an idiot. He's a decent shot stopper but when he stops those shots he usually pushes them into dangerous areas and his attempts at stoping Monaco's third goal and Charlie Austin's goal against us were very poor.
  • Nem
    5113 posts Big Money Move
    Snake wrote: »
    I imagine Arsenal could offer Diaby a pay per play contract, if he doesn't accept it might be better to find someone else. Like how long ago was it that he played more than a few matches..

Thought it had been announced his contract will not be renewed this summer?

Lost cause.
  • Ospina has done quality so far. If we get Cech, we'll have to Sell Szczesny and make him 2nd choice until he proves himself.
    Ospina's been good, definitely better than Szczesny but he makes camera saves as opposed to just dealing with it. Cech is one of the best in the world, Ospina is not even close, then you have Szczesny. I'd get rid of Szczesny regardless though. Hate him.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Ospina has done quality so far. If we get Cech, we'll have to Sell Szczesny and make him 2nd choice until he proves himself.
    Ospina's been good, definitely better than Szczesny but he makes camera saves as opposed to just dealing with it. Cech is one of the best in the world, Ospina is not even close, then you have Szczesny. I'd get rid of Szczesny regardless though. Hate him.

Exactly if you'd prefer ospina over cech you're stupid I think any team in the world would love to have cech amongst their ranks
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    We should genuinely consider buying Lloris from Tottenham. He'll probably be looking to leave (regardless of what he's said recently) and there aren't really any other teams of our stature and above in need of a goalkeeper.
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    We should genuinely consider buying Lloris from Tottenham. He'll probably be looking to leave (regardless of what he's said recently) and there aren't really any other teams of our stature and above in need of a goalkeeper.
    I thought PSG were after him? And I highly doubt they would sell us a player who could solve some of our problems.
  • Nem
    5113 posts Big Money Move
    You'd have as much chance of signing him as you would Harry Kane.

Nice idea, but not gonna happen.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe you could get Sirigu if PSG sign Lloris.
  • Ryan
    9473 posts League Winner
    Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is you would stand a very good chance of getting him.

• Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    PES wrote: »

He's pretty good, is he not? Not sure why PSG would get rid of him, they have plenty of problems in other areas. They can't really afford to spend irresponsibly for players they don't need with FFP looming over them. There's not a whole lot Tottenham can do if Lloris expresses a sincere desire to depart since there's nowhere else he could go. The only possibility that could change this is if Real Madrid make a move for De Gea and Van Gaal decides that Valdes isn't good enough.
  • Jaymizzo
    PES wrote: »

He's pretty good, is he not? Not sure why PSG would get rid of him, they have plenty of problems in other areas. They can't really afford to spend irresponsibly for players they don't need with FFP looming over them. There's not a whole lot Tottenham can do if Lloris expresses a sincere desire to depart since there's nowhere else he could go. The only possibility that could change this is if Real Madrid make a move for De Gea and Van Gaal decides that Valdes isn't good enough.

I seriously doubt we would get Lloris even if the clause was there. Would absolutely love him but chances of getting him are slimmer than getting Reus.
  • Cech hasnt played much at all, so hes gonna have to earn that spot. You dont bring in a keeper like that and just push out another player. Ospina has made some shaky saves, but hes only played 8 times for us and is growing with every game. He was top notch vs Newcastle and he'll be solid once the season comes to an end.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Cech hasnt played much at all, so hes gonna have to earn that spot. You dont bring in a keeper like that and just push out another player. Ospina has made some shaky saves, but hes only played 8 times for us and is growing with every game. He was top notch vs Newcastle and he'll be solid once the season comes to an end.

Be serious newcastle isn't exactly a hard game :lol: they're nothing like they were a couple seasons ago.

What you see is what you get with cech everyone knows his class he would just have pre season then he'd start in the leauge he's on a different level to ospina and scze wenger would be foolish to not even make an offer
  • If you watch that game, they came out for it in the 2nd half. I do want Cech over Szczesny, but he hasnt played much and should earn his spot, dont see how thats not reasonable. Lots of players have had to come in and prove themselves, despite being good to begin with.
  • Cech hasnt played much at all, so hes gonna have to earn that spot. You dont bring in a keeper like that and just push out another player. Ospina has made some shaky saves, but hes only played 8 times for us and is growing with every game. He was top notch vs Newcastle and he'll be solid once the season comes to an end.

Be serious newcastle isn't exactly a hard game :lol: they're nothing like they were a couple seasons ago.

What you see is what you get with cech everyone knows his class he would just have pre season then he'd start in the leauge he's on a different level to ospina and scze wenger would be foolish to not even make an offer
    Doesn't matter who you play against, if the keeper has to save and does his job, it's good.

Don't buy Cech having to fight for any place though. He's good enough to take every keepers place in the past 10 years for us, regardless of what form they were in. He's amongst the best in the world.
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Updated OP with color, table, upcoming fixtures, and top goalscorers. Anything else that maybe I should add?
  • Updated OP with color, table, upcoming fixtures, and top goalscorers. Anything else that maybe I should add?
    article-2631305-1DF1D1EA00000578-232_634x357.jpg
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Evra wrote: »
    Updated OP with color, table, upcoming fixtures, and top goalscorers. Anything else that maybe I should add?
    article-2631305-1DF1D1EA00000578-232_634x357.jpg

Sigh, oh all right. If you insist....
  • Your OP looks great, although it is probably work to keep updating the table and fixtures.
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Snake wrote: »
    Your OP looks great, although it is probably work to keep updating the table and fixtures.
    Nah, it's not a problem at all. I want this to be a great Arsenal thread. :D

• Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Wait 'til Giroud bottles a chance, that's when it starts getting good.
  • Jaymizzo
    Jenko wrote: »

The anticipation is killing me. :s
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    Jenko wrote: »

:joy: :joy: :joy:
  • Tropicaz XBL
    3839 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone here going to Wembley?
  • Handy Andy
    5533 posts Big Money Move
    me

• LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Handy Andy wrote: »