Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• G000ner
    3653 posts National Call-Up
    Ok, so looking at the following 7 potential transfer targets, which one do you think should join us and why?

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    6. Schneiderlin (might be spelled wrong :# )
    7. Smalling

I'd love Reus but he won't come. Cavani is not good enough, especially for the fee. We have enough attack minded central midfielders so I'd rule at Gundogan. If Chambers stays, then we'll have 4 players that can play centre-back, if not then Smalling would be a good option. Cech is a top keeper, would be a good addition. Sterling as mentioned, great addition. And Schneiderlin as well.
  • Ok, so looking at the following 7 potential transfer targets, which one do you think should join us and why?

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

Is this why they should join us or why we should go for them?

Of that list I'd only opt for Cech to buy.
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Ok, so looking at the following 7 potential transfer targets, which one do you think should join us and why?

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

Both, particularly why we should go for them.
  • G000ner
    3653 posts National Call-Up
    If we're looking for a striker, which I doubt we will be, we should be targeting Lacazette or Dybala. Preferably Lacazette.
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

Reus - He is much better than Theo and with the latter hopefully leaving this summer, Reus would be the perfect replacement. He is head over heels better than Theo, Theo may be faster than Reus but Reus utilises his pace and dribbling much better than Theo. Also Reus can cover multiple positions and is a versatile player. And Reus' end product is significantly better than most of our attackers.

Schneiderlin - Even though Coquelin has risen to the challenge, I don't think he is good enough to be our out and out starter in DM. In big games where we need to play more conservatively, playing two DMs or having the option to sub on a quality defensive player is a must. Schneiderlin will start ofcourse.

Cech - Szcesny and Ospina though good keepers are a liability. Ospina can't seem to catch balls and normally puts the ball back in dangerous positions and Szcesnys lack of discipline and bad decision making make him an even bigger liability. Cech is a world class keeper and any team would be blessed to have him.

Smalling (Or Schar) - Our defensive cover is lacking, with Mertesecker regressing into the stone age, we need a capable replacement or starter in his place. We have Gabriel but if he doesn't partner well with Koscielny next season we could always have Schar or Smalling as back up. Doesn't hurt to have more defensive players in a team lacking defensive discipline.
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    Sterling is not moving abroad. It's painfully obvious that he wants to move to London, anyone denying that is either brain dead or insecure and refusing to accept reality.

He just wants to pay his child support and look after his seven kids.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    50-60m hahahahaha. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

What? Be realistic Liverpool can ask for that amount of money

Talent wise he's one of the best young players in the leauge

English so because of the homegrown rules that adds too the price and arsenal are top 4 rivals to Liverpool think about it kid
  • xXBarkleyXx
    G000ner wrote: »
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    If Rodgers wouldn't sell Suarez to arsenal he won't sell sterling. Hate to shatter your dreams.

Wasn't the problem the whole 60mil+1 offer that we made?

Suarez was 40mill+1 but Rodgers wouldn't of sold him to arsenal for double that he will sell abroad if he can he won't strengthen close rivals.

I don't think Sterling wants to move abroad at this age. Man City or Arsenal will be the most likely destinations.

Arsenal is not an option don't be silly :lol: like I said if they wouldn't sell arsenal Suarez they won't sell arsenal sterling

As for city they're going to have to sell before they buy. But I hope he doesn't go there they will buy him and sit him on the bench just to comply with homegrown rules like they did with Sinclair and rodwell

The Suarez situation is completely different. 1. We made a ridiculous offer, well below his value. 2. We disrespected the club, there was no release clause 3. If they sold Suarez to us we probably would've won the title.

Sterling won't make such an impact for us immediately. If he wants to leave, he ultimately will be able to choose his destination. He's already expressed his interest, of course it's an option.

If sterling is sold it will be abroad Liverpool will easily ask for 50-60mill because of him being an England international , young at 20 and the homegrown rules add to the price of English players. Liverpool will not sell to arsenal and Arsenal would not pay what Liverpool want

We have the money, but obviously we wouldn't be prepared to pay for him if they ask a ridiculous fee. He's not going to move abroad at this age, be honest with yourself.

Arsenal will not splash 50-60mill on one player

He could easily go abroad age doesn't matter if he wants to play for a team like Madrid bayern ect he won't say oh wait I'm only 20 I can't go abroad. He will just go simple as that
  • NoYaNever_93
    897 posts Semi-Pro
    edited April 2015

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

The one that stands out to me there is Reus, hes much more proven than the other outfield players and can actually do a decent job upfront (not that he'll play there). He brings a ton of goals down the wing and assists, hes german too, which is what we've been targeting in recent years. Also with Walcott maybe leaving, we'll be needing a goalscoring winger for sure and ffs, it would surely stop Wenger from playing Ozil down the wing.

My second choice would be Schneiderlin, but tbh, Coquelin has done such an excellent job that it would be disgusting to not see him be rewarded with a new contract with a decent wage and a guarantee of a starting spot. I think Ive seen enough to say that Coquelin is the DM we've been missing all along.
  • Ok, so looking at the following 7 potential transfer targets, which one do you think should join us and why?

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

We should go for Cech because he's top 3 keepers in the league, our keepers are hardly filling everyone with confidence either. Solid signing (if we could).

I'd say Reus too, but his injury record mixed with ours, would we see him? I'm not so sure.

I don't buy Schneiderlin as any solution for us. Giroud is better than Cavani too. Sterling his price is a joke, most likely. Gundogan, unless he was a feasible price I don't think it's worth the risk. Smalling is ****, much rather Jones if we had either.

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

We should go for Cech because he's top 3 keepers in the league, our keepers are hardly filling everyone with confidence either. Solid signing (if we could).

I'd say Reus too, but his injury record mixed with ours, would we see him? I'm not so sure.

I don't buy Schneiderlin as any solution for us. Giroud is better than Cavani too. Sterling his price is a joke, most likely. Gundogan, unless he was a feasible price I don't think it's worth the risk. Smalling is ****, much rather Jones if we had either.

• xXBarkleyXx

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling

:joy: :joy: :joy:

• LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    i2SwDJr.png
    C4APrUA.png
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    imagine wanting to replace Giroud
  • xXBarkleyXx
    i2SwDJr.png
    C4APrUA.png

Smalling? No

Rest seem realistic except for reus Aswell I don't see him leaving Dortmund for any club he seems intent on staying.
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    @xXBarkleyXx, Smalling is in the subs
  • xXBarkleyXx

No I mean I don't think United will sell him.
    Him and Jones have played well together past two games if they keep up their form I don't think lvg will even consider a sale
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    i2SwDJr.png
    C4APrUA.png

Not having this
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling
    The first 4 are not realistic, Sterling has been much discussed and Smalling is very unlikely, IMO. Wenger is a fan of Smalling I believe but it's doubtful he'll go for him. Schneiderlin is the most likely.
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional

Him and Jones have played well together past two games if they keep up their form I don't think lvg will even consider a sale
    Ok, then Mertesacker over Smalling in the subs :D
  • xXBarkleyXx

Ok, then Mertesacker over Smalling in the subs :D

No no no get rid of the sak and put chambers on the bench :lol:
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    @Andy, this is from what the other people think. Most people here want Cech, Reus, and for Coquelin to extend his contract.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    UT is not wanted here.
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    PES wrote: »
    UT is not wanted here.
    Don't worry, it's not FUT, I just wanted to customize Reus, Cech, etc with the Arsenal logo. :)
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Jonzema wrote: »

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    7. Smalling
    The first 4 are not realistic, Sterling has been much discussed and Smalling is very unlikely, IMO. Wenger is a fan of Smalling I believe but it's doubtful he'll go for him. Schneiderlin is the most likely.

Sterling- no
    Cavani-no
    Cech- possible for the right price Jose said he won't stand in his way If he wants to stay in the premier leauge
    Gundogan- no
    Smalling- no
    Reus-no
    Schneiderlin- possible if saints miss out on the top 4
  • Nem
    5113 posts Big Money Move
    a
    i2SwDJr.png
    C4APrUA.png

Couple of your favourites in the starting lineup there?
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Nem wrote: »
    a
    i2SwDJr.png
    C4APrUA.png

Couple of your favourites in the starting lineup there?
    Yep.
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mourinho will not sell Cech to Arsenal, he wouldn't even loan us Demba Ba.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    I'd say arsenal could get cech. If they offer a good amount Jose won't stop cech if HE wants to make the move to arsenal he's already said he won't stop him moving to another premier leauge team. Either arsenal or Liverpool should snap him up while he's available
  • I imagine Arsenal could offer Diaby a pay per play contract, if he doesn't accept it might be better to find someone else. Like how long ago was it that he played more than a few matches..