Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Gooner97 wrote: »
    19829_439009332931298_172904966799151679_n.png?oh=561e36fc5487aa2d07a204bb7a3a5443&oe=55ADDD53
    That makes absolutely no sense at all considering Henderson is more important to the side than Sterling is.
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    WE ARE THE BEST
    I admire your enthusiasm
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    19829_439009332931298_172904966799151679_n.png?oh=561e36fc5487aa2d07a204bb7a3a5443&oe=55ADDD53
    That makes absolutely no sense at all considering Henderson is more important to the side than Sterling is.

I think thats what the article is saying. They are okay with leaving their Audi to be stolen/taken away than they are the Fiat.
  • 2013/14, tickets for Hull City v Arsenal were £35

2014/15, tickets for Hull City v Arsenal are £50 *K*
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

I think thats what the article is saying. They are okay with leaving their Audi to be stolen/taken away than they are the Fiat.

Now that makes even more than less sense.
  • Jaymizzo

Now that makes even more than less sense.

Well then, I cant digest it any further for you.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    Welbeck wrote: »
    but Sterling is and always will be better.

Well he's obviously been performing at a higher level for the past two seasons but Chamberlain can easily reach the same level if he avoids injuries. Chamberlain's natural attributes dwarf those of Sterling. He's stronger, a better dribbler (up until recently had completed the most dribbles of any U-21 player in Europe's top five leagues), a better distance shooter and is more versatile. Unfortunately for him, he's been unable to develop a degree of consistency due to persistent injuries and the spells when he's been fit have coincided with periods of generally poor form for the whole team (first half of this season, second half of last season).
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    Agent Ozil has been working on bringing Draxler in
  • Welbeck
    5102 posts Big Money Move
    why
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If Rodgers wouldn't sell Suarez to arsenal he won't sell sterling. Hate to shatter your dreams.
  • Jaymizzo
    If Rodgers wouldn't sell Suarez to arsenal he won't sell sterling. Hate to shatter your dreams.

Wasn't the problem the whole 60mil+1 offer that we made?
  • xXBarkleyXx

Suarez was 40mill+1 but Rodgers wouldn't of sold him to arsenal for double that he will sell abroad if he can he won't strengthen close rivals.
  • Stevo_CT
    2894 posts National Call-Up
    I honestly don't want sterling at Arsenal, notwithstanding I highly doubt LFC would allow that anyway.
  • G000ner
    3653 posts National Call-Up

Suarez was 40mill+1 but Rodgers wouldn't of sold him to arsenal for double that he will sell abroad if he can he won't strengthen close rivals.

I don't think Sterling wants to move abroad at this age. Man City or Arsenal will be the most likely destinations.
  • jordan
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gooners, I know you are probably excited, but be honest with yourself. Do you honestly think Liverpool would allow Sterling to join Arsenal?
  • Jaymizzo

Fair enough. I don't think Wenger will go for it anyway, personally would not want him to unless we could get him for 25-30mil.

• xXBarkleyXx
    G000ner wrote: »

I don't think Sterling wants to move abroad at this age. Man City or Arsenal will be the most likely destinations.

Arsenal is not an option don't be silly :lol: like I said if they wouldn't sell arsenal Suarez they won't sell arsenal sterling

As for city they're going to have to sell before they buy. But I hope he doesn't go there they will buy him and sit him on the bench just to comply with homegrown rules like they did with Sinclair and rodwell
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    edited April 2015

Arsenal is not an option don't be silly :lol: like I said if they wouldn't sell arsenal Suarez they won't sell arsenal sterling

As for city they're going to have to sell before they buy. But I hope he doesn't go there they will buy him and sit him on the bench just to comply with homegrown rules like they did with Sinclair and rodwell

Boohoo City apparently destroyed already bereft of talent guys like Rodwell, Sinclair & Adam Johnson.

As if we'd bench Sterling rofl talking out of your ****, your comments towards us sound awfully bitter, surprised you didn't refer to us as "Citeh"

• G000ner

The Suarez situation is completely different. 1. We made a ridiculous offer, well below his value. 2. We disrespected the club, there was no release clause 3. If they sold Suarez to us we probably would've won the title.

Sterling won't make such an impact for us immediately. If he wants to leave, he ultimately will be able to choose his destination. He's already expressed his interest, of course it's an option.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Bluemoon wrote: »

Boohoo City apparently destroyed already bereft of talent guys like Rodwell, Sinclair & Adam Johnson.

As if we'd bench Sterling rofl talking out of your ****, your comments towards us sound awfully bitter, surprised you didn't refer to us as "Citeh"

You didn't exactly improve them as players did you they spent most of the time on the bench.

What have I got to be bitter about? :lol:

A club who just buy English talent to bench them to comply with the rules

• jordan
    Sterling would start every game if he signed for City. That said, I think he would be crazy to leave Liverpool right now.
  • xXBarkleyXx

The Suarez situation is completely different. 1. We made a ridiculous offer, well below his value. 2. We disrespected the club, there was no release clause 3. If they sold Suarez to us we probably would've won the title.

Sterling won't make such an impact for us immediately. If he wants to leave, he ultimately will be able to choose his destination. He's already expressed his interest, of course it's an option.

If sterling is sold it will be abroad Liverpool will easily ask for 50-60mill because of him being an England international , young at 20 and the homegrown rules add to the price of English players. Liverpool will not sell to arsenal and Arsenal would not pay what Liverpool want
  • jordan
    If sterling is sold it will be abroad Liverpool will easily ask for 50-60mill because of him being an England international , young at 20 and the homegrown rules add to the price of English players. Liverpool will not sell to arsenal and Arsenal would not pay what Liverpool want
    [/quote]

I agree.

• Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    The only young Englishman we will be signing this season is Chris Smalling. He will join after LVG splashes on Mats "Oaf 2.0"
  • Tropicaz XBL
    3837 posts National Call-Up
    50-60m hahahahaha. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sterling is not moving abroad. It's painfully obvious that he wants to move to London, anyone denying that is either brain dead or insecure and refusing to accept reality.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    2951 posts National Call-Up
    Sterling can go suck an egg give me reus any day of the week!!
    He has a brilliant chemistry with ozil and will placate ozil, being german and all, as I think mertesacker will be sold in the summer
  • jordan wrote: »
    Sterling would start every game if he signed for City. That said, I think he would be crazy to leave Liverpool right now.
    Not even nearly good enough to start every game for City. He gets pushed out of the position he's far more effective for Adam Lallana and Coutinho
  • LiveArsenal
    1332 posts Professional
    Ok, so looking at the following 7 potential transfer targets, which one do you think should join us and why?

1. Cavani
    2. Reus
    3. Cech
    4. Gundogan
    5. Sterling
    6. Schneiderlin (might be spelled wrong :# )
    7. Smalling
  • G000ner

We have the money, but obviously we wouldn't be prepared to pay for him if they ask a ridiculous fee. He's not going to move abroad at this age, be honest with yourself.