Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Mark wrote: »
    Gooner97 wrote: »
    Reus?

Do we really have any chance of signing him?
    No. :lol:
  • Jaymizzo
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    Reus?

I see people are catching on 2cgki87.jpg
  • G000ner
    3653 posts National Call-Up
    Reus?

Realistically. Reus signed a contract extension just a few months ago and has never said he wants to leave Dortmund. If he were to, it probably wouldn't be to us.

• ViVaWhom
    6577 posts Big Money Move
    are you guys discussing which club reject you gonna sign this summer?
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Sterling has already turned you down, I don't get this discussion.

RahRah:
    "It's never been about money. I talk about winning trophies throughout my career. That's all I talk about."
  • Ox is a good talent but he is not as good as Sterling. Isn't he also very prone to injury?
  • Jaymizzo
    G000ner wrote: »
    Reus?

Realistically. Reus signed a contract extension just a few months ago and has never said he wants to leave Dortmund. If he were to, it probably wouldn't be to us.

How is he not realistic? He is an amazing player but I doubt he would be an automatic starter in the teams people assume he wants to go -Barca, Madrid or Chelsea.
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Andy wrote: »
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Gnabry is Thomas Eisfeld MKII.
    No. Not in the slightest.
    Ive heard better things about Eisfeld than I ever have about Gnabry. Are you implying Gnabry is actually better?
    Hes clearly better. For starters he has already broken into the team. Which is a step further than Eisfeld ever got. Secondly there its no where near the competition (through sheer numbers) in his position that Eisfeld had in his.

• Mark
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Evra wrote: »
    Ox is a good talent but he is not as good as Sterling. Isn't he also very prone to injury?

I think he's just as good, it's just that Sterling was hyped up by all the Liverpool fans because he broke in to their 1st team at a young age

• Jaymizzo
    PES wrote: »
    Mark wrote: »
    Reus?

Do we really have any chance of signing him?
    No. :lol:

Youre never late at being a buzzkill.
  • Jaymizzo
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Gnabry is Thomas Eisfeld MKII.
    No. Not in the slightest.
    Ive heard better things about Eisfeld than I ever have about Gnabry. Are you implying Gnabry is actually better?
    Hes clearly better. For starters he has already broken into the team. Which is a step further than Eisfeld ever got. Secondly there its no where near the competition (through sheer numbers) in his position that Eisfeld had in his.

Fair enough. So why again do people think we need to be paying over 25mil for Sterling?
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    Ox is a good talent but he is not as good as Sterling. Isn't he also very prone to injury?
    He is as good, but we have the players to use him sparingly. Liverpool don't therefore he's become a focal point and gets more press.
  • Jaymizzo
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Hows the Bale + Ronaldo signing coming along?
  • G000ner
    Reus?

How is he not realistic? He is an amazing player but I doubt he would be an automatic starter in the teams people assume he wants to go -Barca, Madrid or Chelsea.

Barca don't need him. Their front 3 consist of 3 of the top 5 players in the world. Madrid would only sign him if they sold Bale, which is a possibility, he would start for them regardless. How on earth would he not be an automatic starter for Chelsea?
  • This is not a topic up for debate. Ox is not as good as Sterling.
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    How's the search for the next Falcao going?
  • G000ner
    PES wrote: »
    Sterling has already turned you down, I don't get this discussion.

RahRah:
    "It's never been about money. I talk about winning trophies throughout my career. That's all I talk about."

Great. The move will be confirmed when we beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final :smiley:
  • G000ner
    This is not a topic up for debate. Ox is not as good as Sterling.

Agreed. Chamberlain is worse by a reasonable distance.

• Jaymizzo
    Reus?

Barca don't need him. Their front 3 consist of 3 of the top 5 players in the world. Madrid would only sign him if they sold Bale, which is a possibility, he would start for them regardless. How on earth would he not be an automatic starter for Chelsea?
    Because Hazard and recently Cuadrado. Mourinho is not going to bench his beloved Hazard or his recent signing.

And thats why I said, out of the teams people expect or assume him to go to, non of them actually need him. The only other team that has shown intense interest is Arsenal.
  • Jaymizzo
    This is not a topic up for debate. Ox is not as good as Sterling.

Agreed. Chamberlain is worse by a reasonable distance.

How so?
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    Everyone loves a conversation about Arsenal
  • G000ner
    edited April 2015
    Reus?

Because Hazard and recently Cuadrado. Mourinho is not going to bench his beloved Hazard or his recent signing.

And thats why I said, out of the teams people expect or assume him to go to, non of them actually need him. The only other team that has shown intense interest is Arsenal.

He's benched Cuadrado ever since he signed him, and that's been for Willian 2cgki87.jpg So Reus would for sure start for them. Mourinho will take the necessary steps to be as unethical as possible

When have we ever shown 'intense' interest? You're the only one that has done that.
  • Jaymizzo
    Reus?

He's benched Cuadrado ever since he signed him, and that's been for Willian 2cgki87.jpg So Reus would for sure start for them. Mourinho will take the necessary steps to be as unethical as possible

When have we ever shown 'intense' interest? You're the only one that has done that.

Wasn't there talks about him and Arsene meeting last summer? And IIRC Wenger admitted that he is very interested in Reus.
  • G000ner
    edited April 2015
    Wasn't there talks about him and Arsene meeting last summer? And IIRC Wenger admitted that he is very interested in Reus.

No 2cgki87.jpg. I don't understand how you've managed so get the thought of Reus leaving Dortmund this summer to firmly implanted into your brain. I would say it's almost definite he won't be leaving this summer. If he was to, more than just Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal and Chelsea would be a possibility.
  • The Neilesh
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    WE ARE THE BEST
  • Welbeck
    5102 posts Big Money Move
    Chamberlain is better in some ways, but Sterling has far better end product - which is somewhat non-existent in Chamberlain's game - as well as being a far more consistent performer. Chamberlain is a very good player and would be a starter in our team for me, when he's not injured, but Sterling is and always will be better.
  • The Neilesh
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I totally disagree I think Sterling lacks end product especially this season. So many time I seen him get to the box then spend ages deciding what to do then gets tackled by a defender
  • I totally disagree I think Sterling lacks end product especially this season. So many time I seen him get to the box then spend ages deciding what to do then gets tackled by a defender

Maybe because last year he passed the ball to Suarez?
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Chamberlain relies more on physicality than Sterling and that's what sets them apart the most, technically Sterling is far superior.