Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• LiveArsenal
    1337 posts Professional
    All right, 2nd place! :smile: Hope that we can hang on.....
  • RollsReus
    1465 posts Professional
    G000ner wrote: »
    I would buy another CDM, just not necessarily someone to start. Someone with a bit of experience, perhaps Mario Suarez or someone along those lines. We don't need Schneiderlin, I have enough faith in Coquelin that he can be our main CDM.
    Nigel De Jong?
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Whats the deal with Khedira atm? Isn't he leaving Madrid on a free this season?
  • LiveArsenal
    1337 posts Professional
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

Right now according to almost every news source, Khedira is a target for Man U and van Gaal is offering Khedira 200000 pounds a week salary.
  • Ace
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Yeah, he's leaving in the summer, his contract expires then so he'll be leaving on a free. Read that we've offered him to United who are willing to pay his wages.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Why would Real offer him to anyone? Mule's agent is.
  • Bluemoon wrote: »
    Fresh start means no more criticising Giroud.

but ready to be hot in the pitch not outside the pitch against burnley chelsea and fa cup semi reading
  • Nem
    5959 posts Big Money Move
    PES wrote: »

Just what I was thinking, PES

Real have no say in the matter
  • Ace
    4490 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah that.
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Khedira is not a defensive midfielder.
  • Andy
    7875 posts League Winner
    Jonzema wrote: »

Here we go
  • PES
    Andy wrote: »

Here we go
    You think otherwise? :?

• Andy
    7875 posts League Winner

Here we go

What ever lack of positional sense he has, that's generally the position his is intended to occupy in a side.
  • PES

Here we go

What ever lack of positional sense he has, that's generally the position his is intended to occupy in a side.
    It is? I guess that makes him even worse than I thought.
  • Welbeck
    5217 posts Big Money Move
    The thing about Schneiderlin that I like as a signing is that he's capable of playing as either the holding player or as the other player in the 2 of a 4231, which would give us more protection if we were to use that formation particularly in big games. Not to mention the added depth in that position when Wilshere and Ramsey inevitably get injured.

Also there is nothing wrong with Ospina... as a 2nd choice. While I have more faith in him than Szczesny in the games where the oppositions chances are limited and Szczesny usually has a rash mistake or poor judgement in a situation, I think it's clear that in the games he's actually come under quite a lot of pressure - Monaco home and Spurs away - in his time here he's proven he's not quite up to 'title challenging' standard, which is what I assume we aim to achieve. We'd be stupid to turn down Cech if Mourinho was truly willing to sell him to us, not only is he still a significant improvement on what we have, but he also has a strong, non-bottling mentality - something we lack in abundance in our squad.
  • Dawud
    16131 posts World Class
    Really hoping Cech comes in
  • Barresh
    6000 posts Big Money Move

Here we go
    He's right, he isn't a defensive midfielder. He's more of a box to box midfielder. Since he came to Madrid ive only remembered once that he's had that role and that was in the CL final.
  • Not meaning to be really negative here, when it's all looking so good but here goes.

People on about "Oh he's proving he can build a championship winning team again", "Things are looking bright for next season" bla bla bla. Did we all not say the same at the end of last season? We won a fair few at the end of last season too, then we all said "we'll be challenging for the league" etc. Blinded by our run of games that we actually had then and have had right now and lack of games to play bar the FA Cup, in which we faced minnows.

Now I'm not saying we wont win the league, challenge and what ever, because evidently this squad IS good enough, so is our manager. Yet we need to better what the others do in the transfer window around us, not keep up with them, or not buy at all. Obviously injuries haven't helped us, but even still at the start of the season we were horrendous even before the injuries happened and so many of them. I just think we all shouldn't be so presumptuous because of the run we're on and how good we've looked. Fed up of people saying how we gonna be so great.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Not meaning to be really negative here, when it's all looking so good but here goes.

People on about "Oh he's proving he can build a championship winning team again", "Things are looking bright for next season" bla bla bla. Did we all not say the same at the end of last season?

I think most of RF thought the end of last season indicated exactly the opposite and were expectant of a non-challenge this year, especially after the transfer window we had.
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Back when RF existed.
  • Andy
    7875 posts League Winner
    Back when RF existed.

I miss it
  • Nem
    5959 posts Big Money Move
    Back when RF existed.

We've got CD now, no different
  • Andy
    7875 posts League Winner
    Nem wrote: »
    Back when RF existed.

We've got CD now, no different

Who you tying to fool?
  • RollsReus
    1465 posts Professional
    Thoughts on recent links with Cavani?

I like him but I will never understand the reported £60m price tag.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Cavani would be a Torres / Shevchenko level flop.
  • RollsReus wrote: »
    Thoughts on recent links with Cavani?

I like him but I will never understand the reported £60m price tag.
    Don't get the hype with him. I'm taking Giroud every day.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    2a27da1ae64a4e51cd8791fa587878be.png

He seems like a really good kid. His goal against Liverpool was almost as nice as Glen's vs Chelsea a few years ago.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used to like him a lot when he played for Napoli and my opinion of him has always been biased because of that. Would have liked him at Arsenal but for the price is currently going for, Giroud seems the better option (for now).
  • PES
    Now Jiroo is better than Cavani? :joy:
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Now Jiroo is better than Cavani? :joy:

FaRcQ1R.png

:joy::joy::joy: