Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jonzema wrote: »
    All this Özil talk is insane. Sure he's an important player and our best number 10 but he has not performed better for Arsenal than Alexis has. If we were talking about the Özil that played for Madrid then sure, he's a better player but Özil isn't creating enough good chances in games at the moment. His ball retention has improved, his ability to pick up the ball in pockets of space and find players in pockets of space too is very good and he is capable of some good dribbles now and again but his chance creation is still not what you'd expect of him. Alexis Sanchez carried us the first half of the season, until Özil starts replicating the assists he got while at Madrid it cannot be argued that Alexis is more important.

The discussion pertains to importance, not ability. When Sanchez 'carried us' we couldn't break into the top four. With Ozil as the fulcrum of our attacking unit, which has come at the come at the expense of Sanchez' productivity, we've played our best football and produced our best results. There are obviously other factors that have contributed to our improvement but the reality is that everyone other than Sanchez looks better when he isn't given free reign to dictate our attacking play.
    You make some good points; it is true we're playing better now with Özil in the team now and our results are better (as we were 5th until he returned) but my viewpoint is that if Alexis had missed the majority of the first half of the season and not Özil we'd have picked up less points and ultimately be lower in the table. Of course there is nothing to suggest this to be true other than Alexis' goals and assists but maybe someone like Welbeck would've stepped up in his absence while being the focal point with Özil behind. The first half of the season we were also missing important players which didn't help us in our battle for top 4 such as Coquelin, Ramsey, Koscielny and Giroud.

Özil is an important player no doubt, he dictates the tempo and enables us to not constantly go sideways but Alexis' goals and assists have also been very important for us this season. I suppose it depends if you look at it from an individual or a team point of view. Alexis provides the former while Özil provides the latter.Maybe the whole argument was about team performance and I just skipped over it, in which case my bad.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2015
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    This Reus talk got me excited. Has something about him come up?

Paper talk no quotes from officials, no officials come out and said he is going to arsenal.

Purely arsenal fans getting their hopes up over something that won't happen. He's only a few months into his new deal.

Most likely signing would be dybala not reus
    Dude are you here just to put a negative spin on everything?
    we signed sanchez and ozil so why is signing reus so far out of the question?
    Everyone knows contracts mean sweet fa now a days. He had a release clause and didn't want to screw over his boyhood club when he left, therefore signed a deal which benifited both.
    Its like your lifes goal is to disregard arsenal on a thread, get a life mate.
    Also rosicky would be a massive pull for reus imo.

If you clearly read what I said earlier I'm not anti arsenal I just come too get people like you out of this dissolution you're in. You see a link in the paper then you suddenly think it's a done deal.

Contracts do mean something to some players players like giggs , g nev , scholes , JT , carragher have stayed at their clubs their whole careers. Reus is happy playing for his boyhood club so why would he want too leave?.

Oh wow you signed Sanchez who was surplus too requirements at Barcelona and the same with Mesut at Madrid. Unlike them two reus isn't surplus to requirements at Dortmund he's a key player

I'm not saying they're bad players but they were surplus for a reason because the clubs thought they had better players in their positions if they weren't surplus I highly doubt arsenal would of got either off them.

• Dawud
    16006 posts World Class
    Next years kits :s
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    2951 posts National Call-Up

Paper talk no quotes from officials, no officials come out and said he is going to arsenal.

Purely arsenal fans getting their hopes up over something that won't happen. He's only a few months into his new deal.

Everyone knows contracts mean sweet fa now a days. He had a release clause and didn't want to screw over his boyhood club when he left, therefore signed a deal which benifited both.

If you clearly read what I said earlier I'm not anti arsenal I just come too get people like you out of this dissolution you're in. You see a link in the paper then you suddenly think it's a done deal.

Contracts do mean something to some players players like giggs , g nev , scholes , JT , carragher have stayed at their clubs their whole careers. Reus is happy playing for his boyhood club so why would he want too leave?.

Oh wow you signed Sanchez who was surplus too requirements at Barcelona and the same with Mesut at Madrid. Unlike them two reus isn't surplus to requirements at Dortmund he's a key player

I'm not saying they're bad players but they were surplus for a reason because the clubs thought they had better players in their positions if they weren't surplus I highly doubt arsenal would of got either off them.
    You are an absolute tool. "Dissolution" what the hell is that? Not suprising this is coming from a guy whose forum name is barkley that kid can't put a sentence together. If you think Reus will not be seriously considering his options when dortmund are without champions league football next year, you are "deluded".
    As a club the only ones in a better position then us who could sign him in world football are the la liga giants, bayern, man city and chelsea hardly out of the question.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Reus extended when it was basically certain that Dortmund would miss out on the CL. A transfer in 2015 is completely out of the question.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    PES wrote: »
    Reus extended when it was basically certain that Dortmund would miss out on the CL. A transfer in 2015 is completely out of the question.

Thank you at least someone has some brains
  • xXBarkleyXx

You are an absolute tool. "Dissolution" what the hell is that? Not suprising this is coming from a guy whose forum name is barkley that kid can't put a sentence together. If you think Reus will not be seriously considering his options when dortmund are without champions league football next year, you are "deluded".
    As a club the only ones in a better position then us who could sign him in world football are the la liga giants, bayern, man city and chelsea hardly out of the question.

Someone is a bit angry is it because you have to go back to school tomorrow little one.

You read a bit of paper talk and you assume you'll get the player. Kid you need to know more about football than the rumours.

PES has cleared up the situation with reus for you.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil

Someone is a bit angry is it because you have to go back to school tomorrow little one.

You read a bit of paper talk and you assume you'll get the player. Kid you need to know more about football than the rumours.

you mean in the same manner suarez signed a bumper contract extension before moving to barcelona, not even a full season later?
    Its laughable that you think contracts mean anything if a player wants to move anymore. Like I said It was well documented that reus had a pretty low release clause in his contract, by signing a new one dortmund would get more for him when he left and up until he leaves he gets considerably more money, having said that dortmund actually have a very reserved payment structure in comparison to other european powerhouses.
    Not saying its 100% but he is likely to leave, be it to arsenal or elsewhere.
  • xXBarkleyXx

you mean in the same manner suarez signed a bumper contract extension before moving to barcelona, not even a full season later?
    Its laughable that you think contracts mean anything if a player wants to move anymore. Like I said It was well documented that reus had a pretty low release clause in his contract, by signing a new one dortmund would get more for him when he left and up until he leaves he gets considerably more money, having said that dortmund actually have a very reserved payment structure in comparison to other european powerhouses.

Suarez wanted to leave though reus doesn't want too leave. Suarez agreed with liverpool he would help them get too the champions leauge before he left that's why they gave him a bumper deal. if he were to leave he wouldnt choose arsenal when he probably has bayern , Madrid barca juve chelsea and maybe even City all looking at him
  • you mean in the same manner suarez signed a bumper contract extension before moving to barcelona, not even a full season later?

Yep, you cant rule things like this out.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Ok, so let's break away from this "big" argument about who to get and talk about who we should sell. I think I probably already know the answer from a few of you guys :lol: If there was one person you would want to leave Arsenal, who would it be and why?

Also, you can chose Wenger too if you would want him out :lol:
  • I'm not saying they're bad players but they were surplus for a reason because the clubs thought they had better players in their positions if they weren't surplus I highly doubt arsenal would of got either off them.

They may have been surplus, but the thing is, like I said before, we managed to persuade them to come here and we still spent big fees, which is key. Nobody knows who we was contending with for those players, for all we know, Manchester City wouldve wanted him or any other club in a stronger position than us. We are showing we will drop huge money for top players now, we have top players in our squad and are becoming more attractive than a few seasons back.
  • God, I'd hope those kits aren't real. Absolutely vile. Was happy about Puma too when we got them as I thought they'd make nice kits...what are those?

Alexis - stats wise is a much better player, watching them play however, I'd take Ozil day and night. Ozil's chances created are great too, of course he's not getting anywhere near the amount of assists he got at RM. You'll never, ever get the time on the ball that he got at RM in the PL. As you can see everytime he picks it up, he's either getting crunched or playing a quick one-two to get the ball back. He's the focal point of our attack and our whole team plays much better attacking wise when he's in the line up. To deny that is idiotic. Whether or not you think he's better, that's up to you. For me however, he's by far our best.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Ok, so let's break away from this "big" argument about who to get and talk about who we should sell. I think I probably already know the answer from a few of you guys :lol: If there was one person you would want to leave Arsenal, who would it be and why?

The sack and the scze bring in a better centre back and someone like cech in goal then bring in a winger who is realistic like draxler or pedro and I'd say another striker too bang in more goals and I'd say it could be a potential title winning side
  • xXBarkleyXx

They may have been surplus, but the thing is, like I said before, we managed to persuade them to come here and we still spent big fees, which is key. Nobody knows who we was contending with for those players, for all we know, Manchester City wouldve wanted him or any other club in a stronger position than us. We are showing we will drop huge money for top players now, we have top players in our squad and are becoming more attractive than a few seasons back.

I don't think anyone really wanted ozil. United rejected even putting in an offer before he even went to madrid. Jose knows he wouldn't offer the work rate he was after with chelsea. City probably were interested but then realised they need more english players in their team. Liverpool and Spurs didn't have champions leauge football he would of wanted.

Sanchez it was between arsenal and Liverpool.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional

The sack and the scze bring in a better centre back and someone like cech in goal then bring in a winger who is realistic like draxler or pedro and I'd say another striker too bang in more goals and I'd say it could be a potential title winning side
    That wasn't even what I was asking :lol:
  • Ok, so let's break away from this "big" argument about who to get and talk about who we should sell. I think I probably already know the answer from a few of you guys :lol: If there was one person you would want to leave Arsenal, who would it be and why?

I have so many. Flamini, Szczesny and Welbeck being prime candidates.

Flamini is the one though. I'd rather see a younger player play than him. He's horrendous, easily the worst player we have too. Can't pass, tackling is just strong and mistimed, actually offers no protection, I imagine his shouting is just nonsense and the players don't actually take notice of him, because he's at it constantly when not necessary. Ugh.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    What's wrong with Welbeck?
  • What's wrong with Welbeck?
    Passing is worse than Walcott's, even his short passes don't go to feet, if he actually does pass. He rarely finishes his chances, his runs are all selfish. Only offers himself as a headless chicken.

• 31 league games played so far. Koscielny has not started 11 games, Ramsey not started 14, Özil not started 17 and Giroud not started 16.

Considering how important every one of them is to our team, what we're doing is quite something.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    What's wrong with Welbeck?
    Passing is worse than Walcott's, even his short passes don't go to feet, if he actually does pass. He rarely finishes his chances, his runs are all selfish. Only offers himself as a headless chicken.

This and his dribbling isn't the best
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    31 league games played so far. Koscielny has not started 11 games, Ramsey not started 14, Özil not started 17 and Giroud not started 16.

Considering how important every one of them is to our team, what we're doing is quite something.
    I pray of a day when our entire team is fit!
    That would be something. Bring cech in and another striker to compete with olly and a midfielder to compete with le coq and we are set!

• xXBarkleyXx
    31 league games played so far. Koscielny has not started 11 games, Ramsey not started 14, Özil not started 17 and Giroud not started 16.

That would be something. Bring cech in and another striker to compete with olly and a midfielder to compete with le coq and we are set!

Another winger aswell someone realistic like draxler or pedro and a top class centre half and arsenal would have a title contending team imo
  • G000ner
    4401 posts National Call-Up

Today, our whole team is fit currently. Well, in full training at least.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    I doubt Wenger would sell Welbeck so soon. The realistic outs are Podolski, Sczesny and Campbell. Theo may leave but thats mostly speculation because of the contract issue ( I hope he does leave).

• xXBarkleyXx
    I doubt Wenger would sell Welbeck so soon. The realistic outs are Podolski, Sczesny and Campbell. Theo may leave but thats mostly speculation because of the contract issue ( I hope he does leave).

Bring in a realistic winger like pedro or draxler then welbz can have a run of games playing centrally.
  • Jaymizzo wrote: »

Bring in a realistic winger like pedro or draxler then welbz can have a run of games playing centrally.
    Already played there. Scored 7 goals, yet only actually scored in like 4 games. He should never displace Giroud as long as OG is fit (not the beautiful fit).
  • xXBarkleyXx

Already played there. Scored 7 goals, yet only actually scored in like 4 games. He should never displace Giroud as long as OG is fit (not the beautiful fit).

He gets pushed out wide a lot with another winger he could get a central spot and help OG out with the scoring not that he needs it of late.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't know why Welbeck makes your three, he offers so much more than Walcott and is probably our 2nd best wide player at this point after Sanchez, possibly Oxlade Chamberlain is superior.
  • RollsReus
    1443 posts Professional
    City are making this too easy.