Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Adrian
    3412 posts National Call-Up
    Adrian wrote: »
    Alexis is "better" than Koscielny but Koscielny is more important to the team both due to our wealth of attacking options and the fact that we have Per Mertesacker as a CB
    Probably doesn't help that I'm not Alexis' biggest fan but his decision making at times is woeful, fairly greedy and not nearly as consistently brilliant.

He slows down the play a bit on the break. Takes too many touches, pushes the ball out to the side of him which gives defenders a chance to nick the ball away. Would be better just punting it a little and running in straight line rather than trying to be so intricate.
    Yeah. Obviously when he's brilliant, he's incredible to watch as well. I think he gets let off so much with poor performances though, due to his work rate.

He's right to be let off though. Even when he's having a quiet game, he's still puts a shift and a half and this benefits the rest of the players. When Ozil is uninterested, he is diabolical. Doesn't run, pushed off the ball, slow passing and has the body language of someone not wanting to be on the pitch. When Alexis makes a mistake he'll chase down the ball or chase down a winger for 60 yards to rectify it. It's a privilege to have Alexis play for us, he gives everything every game, which is why people like me cut him slack when he has a quieter game.
  • Adrian wrote: »
    Alexis is "better" than Koscielny but Koscielny is more important to the team both due to our wealth of attacking options and the fact that we have Per Mertesacker as a CB
    Probably doesn't help that I'm not Alexis' biggest fan but his decision making at times is woeful, fairly greedy and not nearly as consistently brilliant.

He slows down the play a bit on the break. Takes too many touches, pushes the ball out to the side of him which gives defenders a chance to nick the ball away. Would be better just punting it a little and running in straight line rather than trying to be so intricate.
    Yeah. Obviously when he's brilliant, he's incredible to watch as well. I think he gets let off so much with poor performances though, due to his work rate.

He's right to be let off though. Even when he's having a quiet game, he's still puts a shift and a half and this benefits the rest of the players. When Ozil is uninterested, he is diabolical. Doesn't run, pushed off the ball, slow passing and has the body language of someone not wanting to be on the pitch. When Alexis makes a mistake he'll chase down the ball or chase down a winger for 60 yards to rectify it. It's a privilege to have Alexis play for us, he gives everything every game, which is why people like me cut him slack when he has a quieter game.
    It's Ozil though, it's not him being uninterested at all, it's his style of play. Don't see a problem with it either, unless of course he's to lose it and it's on the centre backs behind him, that's what the cover is for. Of course it's nice if they do chase back (occasionally Ozil does that too). It's funny though because when Ozil is good, he gets the "Look how effortless he makes it look", when he's not so good it's "oh he doesn't try" etc.

Always nice for someone as skilled as Alexis to chase down and what not but because he's doing that doesn't give the excuse for him to firstly stay on the pitch and secondly be free from criticism. Ramsey runs non-stop and if he's to have a poor game everyone jumps on him (because of previous I guess)
  • Adrian
    3412 posts National Call-Up
    Ramsey tries to hard sometimes, doing skills flicks etc. Great when they come off, but when he's out of form and none of them are coming off he needs to go back to basics. It gets pretty frustrating.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    2951 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    Ramsey tries to hard sometimes, doing skills flicks etc. Great when they come off, but when he's out of form and none of them are coming off he needs to go back to basics. It gets pretty frustrating.

ozil is our most important player bar none!!!
    Remember that newcastle game before the international break , we missed him so much! He is the single reason we dominate games! His technique and execution aswell as the timing of his passes is second to none in world football!
  • Adrian wrote: »
    I do agree, he's been so hot and cold this season. One game brilliant, the next awful. Just when you see Alexis get tackled 4 or 5 times in a row and it's like naaaa, take him off please then because Wenger seems to have a theory that you don't take off your best players because they may produce something special, him and Ozil if they're having awful games both stay on regardless. That really **** me off.

What do you think happens with Wilshere? Has to get in over Santi and Ramsey now for that CM spot. Don't think it's happening either.

• PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    It's Ozil though, it's not him being uninterested at all, it's his style of play.
    :joy: He gets away with everything. Mözit is the embodiment of unprofessionalism, can't you see that?

• Mark
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PES wrote: »
    It's Ozil though, it's not him being uninterested at all, it's his style of play.
    :joy: He gets away with everything. Mözit is the embodiment of unprofessionalism, can't you see that?

I wouldn't quite describe him as that but his play style does make him seem lazy at times
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    This Reus talk got me excited. Has something about him come up?
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    What do you think happens with Wilshere? Has to get in over Santi and Ramsey now for that CM spot. Don't think it's happening either.

What? Ramsey you can argue a case for, but Cazorla? Are you mad?
  • Jenko wrote: »

Cazorla pushed Ramsey out wide on the weekend. Played amazing there weeks back too when everyone was injured.
  • Jenko
    Jenko wrote: »

Cazorla pushed Ramsey out wide on the weekend. Played amazing there weeks back too when everyone was injured.

Sorry, misread your post. I thought you meant Wilshere has to get in over Cazorla and Ramsey, as if they had done something wrong.
  • Jenko wrote: »
    Jenko wrote: »

Sorry, misread your post. I thought you meant Wilshere has to get in over Cazorla and Ramsey, as if they had done something wrong.

Oh, no. I don't see where he's getting in. Guess it'll have to start in pre-season. No way we change up to fit him in this season.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Over the last two seasons, our best spells have come when Ozil has been a permanent fixture in the side. If you still think we're better off without him then you know nothing.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Ozil is one of the most important players in our club today. Period.
  • G000ner
    4416 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus Christ, what is with this sudden Ozil praise. He's played well recently, but he is far off our most important player.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    G000ner wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, what is with this sudden Ozil praise. He's played well recently, but he is far off our most important player.

No he is not. He brings a composure to the side that no other player in our team does. Hos ball retention is amazing, especially in the final third when it counts. Rarely if ever makes the wrong pass or decision.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

Paper talk no quotes from officials, no officials come out and said he is going to arsenal.

Purely arsenal fans getting their hopes up over something that won't happen. He's only a few months into his new deal.

Most likely signing would be dybala not reus
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    Is Barkley that Gotze guy from RF With the love for Ravel Morrison?
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    Real or fake?

arsenal-15-16-home-kit.jpg

Arsenal-15-16-Kits-1.jpg
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Andy wrote: »

Ross Barkley is not Mario gotze....?

• xXBarkleyXx
    Real or fake?

arsenal-15-16-home-kit.jpg

Arsenal-15-16-Kits-1.jpg

Not bad if it's real the red arm lines ruin it for me though.

• Andy
    7865 posts League Winner

I'll take that as a no
  • xXBarkleyXx
    edited April 2015

I'll take that as a no

I don't know myself if I'm honest

I am a neutral that's all you need to know.
  • Jenko
    Looks alright, quite similar to French style kits.
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner

I'll take that as a no

Wasn't really concerned with what team you support
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    All this Özil talk is insane. Sure he's an important player and our best number 10 but he has not performed better for Arsenal than Alexis has. If we were talking about the Özil that played for Madrid then sure, he's a better player but Özil isn't creating enough good chances in games at the moment. His ball retention has improved, his ability to pick up the ball in pockets of space and find players in pockets of space too is very good and he is capable of some good dribbles now and again but his chance creation is still not what you'd expect of him. Alexis Sanchez carried us the first half of the season, until Özil starts replicating the assists he got while at Madrid it cannot be argued that Alexis is more important.
  • xXBarkleyXx

I'll take that as a no

Wasn't really concerned with what team you support

If I say the truth like reus and sterling won't go to arsenal people tend to think I'm anti arsenal but the fact is I actually like arsenal so I just wanted to clear up I have no favouritism towards any team.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Jonzema wrote: »
    All this Özil talk is insane. Sure he's an important player and our best number 10 but he has not performed better for Arsenal than Alexis has. If we were talking about the Özil that played for Madrid then sure, he's a better player but Özil isn't creating enough good chances in games at the moment. His ball retention has improved, his ability to pick up the ball in pockets of space and find players in pockets of space too is very good and he is capable of some good dribbles now and again but his chance creation is still not what you'd expect of him. Alexis Sanchez carried us the first half of the season, until Özil starts replicating the assists he got while at Madrid it cannot be argued that Alexis is more important.

Ozil is a good player but if I had to compare him to a player I'd say berbatov he won't bust a gut getting up and down the pitch but he has class and can create chances. It's almost like he needs the team built around him needs players around him to do the dirty work for him.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Jonzema wrote: »

The discussion pertains to importance, not ability. When Sanchez 'carried us' we couldn't break into the top four. With Ozil as the fulcrum of our attacking unit, which has come at the come at the expense of Sanchez' productivity, we've played our best football and produced our best results. There are obviously other factors that have contributed to our improvement but the reality is that everyone other than Sanchez looks better when he isn't given free reign to dictate our attacking play.
  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

Paper talk no quotes from officials, no officials come out and said he is going to arsenal.

Purely arsenal fans getting their hopes up over something that won't happen. He's only a few months into his new deal.

Most likely signing would be dybala not reus
    Dude are you here just to put a negative spin on everything?
    we signed sanchez and ozil so why is signing reus so far out of the question?
    Everyone knows contracts mean sweet fa now a days. He had a release clause and didn't want to screw over his boyhood club when he left, therefore signed a deal which benifited both.
    Its like your lifes goal is to disregard arsenal on a thread, get a life mate.
    Also rosicky would be a massive pull for reus imo.