Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Bellerin, easily.

• Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    PES wrote: »
    Has Bellerin's extension been made official yet?

Yes. Hes not going anywhere.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Andy wrote: »

Can you post a link? I didn't find anything official.
  • Andy wrote: »
    Debuchy, Jenks or Bellerin... who starts as RB next season?
    Think Debuchy, but him and Bellerin rotate a fair bit. Jenks has been good for Hammers, still I'd rather Hector and Debuchy.
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    Andy wrote: »

Can you post a link? I didn't find anything official.

It was mentioned during a game a few weeks ago
  • PES
    By whom?
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    Can't remember
  • Callum
    161 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bellerin will leave for Bayern imo :cry:
  • Callum wrote: »

huh
  • Callum
    Callum wrote: »

huh

I think he'll leave for Bayern in the future sadly, don't want him to go I love him on the team but I can just see it happening!
  • Callum wrote: »

huh

I think he'll leave for Bayern in the future sadly, don't want him to go I love him on the team but I can just see it happening!

Why is that even a thing? Has he been linked? No way he'd leave yet anyways, not for a few years.
  • Davo
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sign Sam Byram
  • Callum
    edited April 2015

huh

Why is that even a thing? Has he been linked? No way he'd leave yet anyways, not for a few years.
    No it's not a thing, I don't think so anyways but I can just see them approaching Arsenal for him because the need a RB since Lahm doesn't play there anymore.
  • Adrian
    3412 posts National Call-Up
    How highly do people rate Walcott here? Would you start him when fully fit?
  • Mark
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Adrian wrote: »

I rate him but he hasn't been the same since he;s come back from injury. I don't think he would start if everyone was fit
  • G000ner
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015

When he's at his best, he's easily good enough to start. But he's a long way off that atm, and I feel it's not just down to his injury.
  • PES
    Draxler would be a good addition, but he isn't worth more than €30m. Not sure if he's available for that.
  • Adrian
    Id honestly offer Ozil for Reus, Mertesacker+ cash for Hummels and a rogue Podolski to sweeten either deal.
  • Adrian wrote: »

Unplayable before his injuries, but he's been meh since he came back. Not started too many though.
    Id honestly offer Ozil for Reus, Mertesacker+ cash for Hummels and a rogue Podolski to sweeten either deal.

Why would you offer our best player to get Reus, who isn't beter than Sanchez.
  • PES

What makes you think Mözit is better than Sanchez? :? Absurd opinion.
  • PES wrote: »

Because I'm not stupid. Ozil is better in every aspect, bar scoring for us and so much more important to our team. I'd put Sanchez as 3rd best in our team. Behind Ozil and Koscielny.
  • Mark
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect

Because I'm not stupid. Ozil is better in every aspect, bar scoring for us and so much more important to our team. I'd put Sanchez as 3rd best in our team. Behind Ozil and Koscielny.

Koscielny is a fantastic defender but he's not better than Sanchez
  • PES

Koscielny? Lol. Both are among your least reliable players. Capable of top class performances on their day, but simply cannot be depended on due to different reasons.

Alexis is proven world class. Dynamic, technical, tenacious. And not even a bottler. Yet. :trollface:

• Adrian

Sanchez has singlehandedly won us games, puts in a huge defensive shift and motivates teamates to press too.

Ozil can make the team tick on a good day. On a bad day (which seems to be whenever we play a top team) he disappears, looks lacklustre and uniterested.

Koscielny is so important only because of the 6ft 6 oath next to him that needs to be protected 24/7.

To conclude, I rate Cazorla over Ozil, and he is wasted when playing as a deep lying playmaker. In an ideal world, Id sell Ozil and have a front 4 of
    Giroud/Reus
    Alexis-Cazorla- Walcott/Reus
  • PES wrote: »

Koscielny? Lol. Both are among your least reliable players. Capable of top class performances on their day, but simply cannot be depended on due to different reasons.

Alexis is proven world class. Dynamic, technical, tenacious. And not even a bottler. Yet. :trollface:
    Ozil has had 1 bad game this season. Monaco, where the whole squad bottled it.

Koscielny is one of the best in the league, much more important than Alexis. Obviously hard to say he's better because you can't compare them, but if I have a choice of players I pick in the league, Koscielny comes before Alexis.
  • Adrian
    Alexis is "better" than Koscielny but Koscielny is more important to the team both due to our wealth of attacking options and the fact that we have Per Mertesacker as a CB
    Alexis is "better" than Koscielny but Koscielny is more important to the team both due to our wealth of attacking options and the fact that we have Per Mertesacker as a CB
    Probably doesn't help that I'm not Alexis' biggest fan but his decision making at times is woeful, fairly greedy and not nearly as consistently brilliant.
  • Adrian
    Probably doesn't help that I'm not Alexis' biggest fan but his decision making at times is woeful, fairly greedy and not nearly as consistently brilliant.

He slows down the play a bit on the break. Takes too many touches, pushes the ball out to the side of him which gives defenders a chance to nick the ball away. Would be better just punting it a little and running in straight line rather than trying to be so intricate.

He slows down the play a bit on the break. Takes too many touches, pushes the ball out to the side of him which gives defenders a chance to nick the ball away. Would be better just punting it a little and running in straight line rather than trying to be so intricate.
    Yeah. Obviously when he's brilliant, he's incredible to watch as well. I think he gets let off so much with poor performances though, due to his work rate.