RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

Maybe I'm wrong, but thats an insanely ambitious summer, I'd be surprised to see you spend half that.

RB - £25m (if Bellerin goes and he funds most of this)
    White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Neves - £30m (strongly linked to spending about £35m on this position this summer)
    Maddison - £55m (linked to Odegaard and Maddison, Arsenal know either will cost atleast £50m+ so shows we got that sort of money to spend there)
    Ramsdale - £20m (had to bids turned down which I expect are like £10-20m range, so possible)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)
    Abraham - £35m (if Laca and Eddie go which they fund most of this)

Abraham and RB I don't see happening personally but again they rely on player sales unlike the CM and AM and GK

Only time will tell, I won't pretend to know Arsenals finances, but I'd be very surprised to see those moves made.

Don't you have somewhat of a history for rumoured money spending that just never comes to pass? Or is that just mindless 'banter' from rival fans.
  • arsenalap
    10569 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

Maybe I'm wrong, but thats an insanely ambitious summer, I'd be surprised to see you spend half that.

White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Neves - £30m (strongly linked to spending about £35m on this position this summer)
    Maddison - £55m (linked to Odegaard and Maddison, Arsenal know either will cost atleast £50m+ so shows we got that sort of money to spend there)
    Ramsdale - £20m (had to bids turned down which I expect are like £10-20m range, so possible)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)

Abraham and RB I don't see happening personally but again they rely on player sales unlike the CM and AM and GK

Only time will tell, I won't pretend to know Arsenals finances, but I'd be very surprised to see those moves made.

Don't you have somewhat of a history for rumoured money spending that just never comes to pass? Or is that just mindless 'banter' from rival fans.

Tbh, i'm only really listing players that we've been strongly strongly linked to, and positions that we need to sign and improve on.

We've spent a fair bit recently. The club might see this summer as the chance to get top 4 without any distractions.

It's quite a big point because a lot of our worst games last season came straight after Europa league games. Without that, who knows.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)

If anything publically we say we have no money then surprise people with what we spend in the end. This summer is a bit different because of how strong the links are with players in different positions and the amount of players we are trying to bring in (like 7)
  • El_Nino
    8364 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)

Tbh, i'm only really listing players that we've been strongly strongly linked to, and positions that we need to sign and improve on.

We've spent a fair bit recently. The club might see this summer as the chance to get top 4 without any distractions.

It's quite a big point because a lot of our worst games last season came straight after Europa league games. Without that, who knows.

I see it as links to different positions because you need players in those areas, not because your actually planning to go and buy every one of those positions.

Ofcourse I'm speculating, but aren't we all haha.

I definitely think there's a really big chance of you just not ending up signing a 10 and winging it with ESR.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)

I see it as links to different positions because you need players in those areas, not because your actually planning to go and buy every one of those positions.

I definitely think there's a really big chance of you just not ending up signing a 10 and winging it with ESR.

It is possible we don't sign a no.10 such as Odegaard or Maddison or even a cheaper option for like €25m like Aouar or Sabitzer. It's possible we settle with Smith Rowe as a starter since he got the number 10 now and we've promised him game time with Willock staying as the back up to him
  • El_Nino
    8364 posts League Winner
    RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)

It is possible we don't sign a no.10 such as Odegaard or Maddison or even a cheaper option for like €25m like Aouar or Sabitzer. It's possible we settle with Smith Rowe as a starter since he got the number 10 now and we've promised him game time with Willock staying as the back up to him

Assuming your budget is limiting you, then I think that's honestly the smart choice, Willock would be better sold but if the offer isn't there he can do something I'm sure, and ESR clearly deserves alot of minutes.

I do think top 4 will be a struggle, but if one of the top 4 do mess up this year, I am starting to fancy you as the team to take their spot.

Although then I do remember Arteta is still in charge which personally I think is your biggest problem.
  • arsenalap
    RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

White - £50m (done)
    Tavares - £7m (done)
    Lokonga - £15m (done)

Assuming your budget is limiting you, then I think that's honestly the smart choice, Willock would be better sold but if the offer isn't there he can do something I'm sure, and ESR clearly deserves alot of minutes.

I do think top 4 will be a struggle, but if one of the top 4 do mess up this year, I am starting to fancy you as the team to take their spot.

Although then I do remember Arteta is still in charge which personally I think is your biggest problem.

Meh, as i've said before, look at from when Arteta changed his formation at Christmas to the end of the season, and we did very well. I still have some faith with Arteta.

Personally I think the table will be:

City
    Chelsea
    United
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Leicester
    Spurs
    West Ham

But, early doors, who knows what signings will be made.
  • finsfan85
    14015 posts Has That Special Something
    Leno
    RB - White - Gabriel - Tierney
    Partey - Neves
    Pepe - Maddison - Saka
    Aubamayang

Ramsdale
    Chambers - Holding - Mari - Tavares
    Lokonga - AMN
    Nelson - ESR - Martinelli
    Abraham

Okonkwo
    Cedric
    Elneny
    Balogun

Looks like we want to go down this route roughly. Locatelli over Neves but unlikely. Odegaard over Maddison but unlikely. Not sure on the RB.

In: £237m

RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

Out: £110m

Bellerin - £20m
    Kolasinac - £5m
    Runarsson - Free
    Xhaka - £15m
    Torreira - £15m
    Willock - £20m
    Guendouzi - £10m
    Willian - Free
    Luiz - Free
    Saliba - Loan
    Lacazette - £15m
    Nketiah - £10m

Net spend of £127m, quite a big summer for us (lower wages overall though).

I think that team is capable of a top 6 finish, but top 4 will still be tough. But.. the clear pattern is signing players under 25 to build a side for the next 5 seasons.

Love seeing posts like this 😂
  • G000ner
    6880 posts Big Money Move

Looks like i'm gonna have to go and buy our kit now.

Has our third kit been released yet? Seen leaks but don't think it's official yet.
  • arsenalap
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Leno
    Partey - Neves
    Pepe - Maddison - Saka
    Aubamayang

Ramsdale
    Lokonga - AMN
    Abraham

Okonkwo
    Cedric
    Elneny
    Balogun

Looks like we want to go down this route roughly. Locatelli over Neves but unlikely. Odegaard over Maddison but unlikely. Not sure on the RB.

RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

Bellerin - £20m
    Kolasinac - £5m
    Runarsson - Free
    Xhaka - £15m
    Torreira - £15m
    Willock - £20m
    Guendouzi - £10m
    Willian - Free
    Luiz - Free
    Saliba - Loan
    Lacazette - £15m
    Nketiah - £10m

I think that team is capable of a top 6 finish, but top 4 will still be tough. But.. the clear pattern is signing players under 25 to build a side for the next 5 seasons.

You have to be the least constructive poster on here, which is a shame considering you've been around for a while. Most others have grown up by now..

• Tornado31619
    28661 posts Player of the Year
    I thought it was a hypothetical post focusing on what Arsenal should be looking to achieve over the next few windows, anyway.
  • Snugglebites
    2483 posts Fans' Favourite
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Leno
    Partey - Neves
    Pepe - Maddison - Saka
    Aubamayang

Ramsdale
    Lokonga - AMN
    Abraham

Okonkwo
    Cedric
    Elneny
    Balogun

RB - £25m
    White - £50m
    Tavares - £7m
    Neves - £30m
    Maddison - £55m
    Ramsdale - £20m
    Lokonga - £15m
    Abraham - £35m

Bellerin - £20m
    Kolasinac - £5m
    Runarsson - Free
    Xhaka - £15m
    Torreira - £15m
    Willock - £20m
    Guendouzi - £10m
    Willian - Free
    Luiz - Free
    Saliba - Loan
    Lacazette - £15m
    Nketiah - £10m

You have to be the least constructive poster on here, which is a shame considering you've been around for a while. Most others have grown up by now..

That's my title, dammit!
  • arsenalap
    edited July 22
    I thought it was a hypothetical post focusing on what Arsenal should be looking to achieve over the next few windows, anyway.

By all means I think the chances of us signing all of those are unlikely, as they'll involve selling players also.

But, I think that's the list of players we are targetting.

And the majority we have apparently already bid for, signed, or have contacted.

Only the RB and AM are the ones who are unknown atm.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    edited July 22
    G000ner wrote: »

Has our third kit been released yet? Seen leaks but don't think it's official yet.

3rd kit probably not out until the first week of Aug, I think it's too on your face to wear it casually.

Away kit > home kit > third kit
  • G000ner
    edited July 22
    G000ner wrote: »

3rd kit probably not out until the first week of Aug, I think it's too on your face to wear it casually.

Away kit > home kit > third kit

I actually feel like it's the opposite, I'd more likely wear the third kit casually because it doesn't really look like a "football kit"

For me it's third kit/away, then home. I'll probably go for the away kit because of the cannon
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    Think once Xhaka is gone we will try get someone like Neves or maybe a Aouar/Sabitzer if we think they can play next to Partey and it not being imbalanced. Try get that player in and ready for the first game against Brentford which is 3 weeks away from tomorrow.

If not Neves I think Neuhaus would be a good choice, think they'd sell for €40m which is the same price.

Like I said earlier RB and ST depend on the sale of Bellerin, Laca and Eddie.
  • arsenalap
    Someone like Aouar with his price would be perfect then
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    Ornstein also does play down things, said we wouldn't be able to afford Pepe or Partey
  • Shshj
    8509 posts League Winner
    Let’s say you get Ramsdale, White and a #10 (not Maddison) on top of the two signings you’ve already made.

Would you be happy with that window?
  • G000ner
    It's a possibility we're just feeding to the media the fact we won't spend that much to get Leicester to lower their asking price.

Saying that, Aouar would be a much wiser investment anyway and would allows us to spend bigger on a central midfielder. As Ornstein mentions, it doesn't make sense to spend that much in this area when we have ESR, who will probably be better than anyone we bring in anyway. This is why I felt Buendia would be the perfect option to rotate with ESR and could also play off the right when needed.

Still hoping we're secretly trying to recruit Bernardo though.
  • G000ner
    Shshj wrote: »
    Let’s say you get Ramsdale, White and a #10 (not Maddison) on top of the two signings you’ve already made.

Would you be happy with that window?

No, would be a disaster of epic proportions.

At the very least we'd still need to sign a Xhaka replacement (and we will), that will be a big priority for us. Then ideally we sign a new right back, but it depends on if we can sell Bellerin. This probably isn't a priority for the summer.

I don't think we'll get Ramsdale thankfully since we're not willing to pay the 30m, so we might have been saved from that.
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
    Yea we will get a Xhaka replacement for sure, Arteta knows how important that position is and that will be our next signing I'd imagine.

The AM we will probably look at Aouar or Sabitzer since they are good and available quite cheap. I'm shocked I've not heard any rumours for Sabitzer for any club unless he will extend.

Then again would those 2 be happy to rotate a lot with Smith Rowe? Those seem like they would want guaranteed minutes. If we are after an AM that is happy to give competition to Emile then we are looking at someone like Periera from West Brom maybe?

Or we just stick with Willock but it would be a bad idea imo, he's not creative, he's more of a goalscoring midfield that arrives in the box. Don't see room for him in our setup.
  • G000ner
    Pereira would be decent. Tbh I feel like there's loads of attacking midfielder options so I'm not too bothered. Only player who I'd really want is Bernardo but that's unlikely. Bigger priority is getting a good centre mid to replace Xhaka
  • Ashy
    16205 posts World Class
  • G000ner

Yeah I'll watch it, game was already played wasn't it? Kinda wish I didn't know the score tbh
  • G000ner
    Partey seems to have improved his shooting over the summer. Could be a big season for him, same for Pepe