Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Glad he is able to play the final, it would be harsh if they didn't allow it hes worked to get to that point all season, it will be good experience for him. Plus our season ends around same time as it i think so it makes no difference as far as pre season, just hope he doesn't get injured

Sorry to translate they are saying he is not playing it and they aren't happy with Arsenal.

Two clubs couldn't find a financial agreement to extend his loan. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth if we demanded stupid money.

:s oh my bad I assumed we allowed him to since I saw rumours it was going to be the case a couple of days go, so maybe not then. I can see where Arsenal are coming from but we extended Ceballos for example so I don't see why they can't have Saliba for a cup final one off game before our season actually ends. Maybe Arsenal wanted to add an injury clause in the contract reducing the fee down

Ahhh so more information coming out. We would've had to pay 2.5m if he played in the final due to a clause in his contract. Totally not worth it. Shame for the player but that's ridiculous.
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    edited June 30
    Very odd seeing as Arteta said today he will play it..

Guessing he didnt know about the money. It's fair enough, we shouldn't be paying 2.5m for one game..
  • Ashy
    10789 posts Has That Special Something
    Wait so we would've had to pay 2.5m to St Etienne for our player to play in a one off cup final game helping them out, potentially risking injury and spending less time at the club getting to know the system, training etc. Thought it would be other way round
  • G000ner
    4787 posts National Call-Up
    We shouldn't have to pay at all. If anything it should be the other way round. We're the ones that would have to extend his contract so he can play in the final. Why would we do that when it's our choice and we'd have to pay 2.5m?

Now ASSE get no money and no Saliba for their cup final. Idiots
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    edited June 30
    So theres a clause in his contract if he starts 17 games we pay 2.5m extra.

Hes on 16 games.

They are desperate for the money. We should give them the choice, you can play him but wave that 2.5m or you cant play him.

Looks like they are refusing to wave the 2.5m and are then blaming us. But this time I'm on our side, why would we give them 2.5m for one game which risks him getting injured anyway.

If they're happy to wave it then they can have him play it, obviously they care much more about the cash than Saliba playing and I hope Mikel explains that to Saliba because no doubt he will be gutted.
  • Ahmer50x
    22909 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

Hes on 16 games.

They are desperate for the money. We should give them the choice, you can play him but wave that 2.5m or you cant play him.

Looks like they are refusing to wave the 2.5m and are then blaming us. But this time I'm on our side, why would we give them 2.5m for one game which risks him getting injured anyway.

If they're happy to wave it then they can have him play it, obviously they care much more about the cash.

What you're proposing is fair. They're being unreasonable.
  • G000ner
    edited June 30

Hes on 16 games.

If they're happy to wave it then they can have him play it, obviously they care much more about the cash than Saliba playing and I hope Mikel explains that to Saliba because no doubt he will be gutted.

Presumably that's what we offered, but I guess we'll find out more about it in due course.
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    edited June 30
    G000ner wrote: »

Hes on 16 games.

Presumably that's what we offered, but I guess we'll find out more about it in due course.

Yh, rediculous how they're saying we offered unacceptable terms.

We would be doing them a favor letting him play a game where he hasnt played for 4 months and would go straight to a cup final, off the back of a season with injuries, albeit it would be a good experience for him.

Then they want us to pay them 2.5m for the privilege :D
  • ViVaWhom
    8734 posts League Winner
    edited July 1
    but if it wasn't for COVID delays he would have played it, still under contract there and they would have got the 2.5 they probably expected when the deal was done

Arsenal is just taking advantage of the situation

• TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    but if it wasn't for COVID delays he would have played it, still under contract there and they would have got the 2.5 they probably expected when the deal was done

Arsenal is just taking advantage of the situation

Yeah and now it looks ridiculous to pay 2.5m for a one off game. Lmao.
  • TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    Orny saying Partey wants to come yaassss
  • TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    And Arteta wants Depay if Laca or Auba go. Would be a good signing imo
  • Ashy
    edited July 1
    Depay didn't do well the last time he was in the Prem but he's probably matured now and built off consistency
  • El_Nino
    5342 posts Big Money Move

Risky one given how he did last time round in the Prem. Price dependent to what I’d think of him as a signing for you.

• TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »

Risky one given how he did last time round in the Prem. Price dependent to what I’d think of him as a signing for you.

Salah.

Can't not take risks on players because of poor stints in the prem. Certain players suit different systems and managers init.

Price is 18-22m euros apparently.
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    edited July 1
    He’d be a good signing for that price IMO.

EDIT: KDB was also a Chelsea reject.
  • TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    Yeah under 12 months left on his deal. Would be an excellent lacazette upgrade.
  • arsenalap
    8075 posts League Winner
    It's a good deal, main worry is his ACL injury.
  • G000ner
    honestly don't get our obsession with signing injured players
  • Tornado31619
    21119 posts Club Captain
    Forgot about that. But nobody seems to have an issue whenever Bayern signs an injury-prone player like Sané, so I don’t see why that should be of concern now. If you sign him on the cheap then if you sell him on it’ll be at a minimal loss IMO.
  • TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    G000ner wrote: »
    honestly don't get our obsession with signing injured players

He isnt injured
  • TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    4 year deal. First piece of the puzzle.
  • ViVaWhom
    8734 posts League Winner
    edited July 1
    now dont bench him tonight, so he can get couple of goals to celebrate
  • Ahmer50x
    22909 posts Club Captain
    Obviously great for you to tie down Saka

Depay is a bit of a gamble but for 20m if it happens, its well worth it.
  • Pughy30
    27020 posts Player of the Year
    Really hope we don't go for Depay, I watch a lot of French football and even though Depay is talented i feel like he's inconsistent and usually shows up against weaker teams
  • TakeItSlow
    9059 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Really hope we don't go for Depay, I watch a lot of French football and even though Depay is talented i feel like he's inconsistent and usually shows up against weaker teams

Weaker teams and ligue 1 go hand in hand though. So harsh to say that tbh.

Importantly he has a goal in every 100 minutes of CL football including goals against benfica and Leipzig.

He scores at the highest level for club and Country. Also entering his prime, big character and I love his back tattoo.
  • Ashy
    Jimenez and Immobile are probably unrealistic and too much and also quite old but if you had to choose would you have...

1. Jovic, off field antics, not played much this season but young and is a good goalscorer

2. Edouard, a good goalscorer and has a strong presence up front but can he replicate it in the Prem?

3. Depay, didn't work out last time he was in England, coming off an ACL but is a good goalscorer in the UCL and France in recent years

• Pughy30
    27020 posts Player of the Year
    Jonathan David is the guy I'd love to get, yes he's not proven in a top league but he's a goal scorer and has a good number of assists