Arsenal Football Club

Comments

  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    edited June 29
    Trippier was on a podcast saying Partey has been asking him about the PL and England :lol: agent Trips
  • Stlducks
    1956 posts Play-Off Hero
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Trippier was on a podcast saying Partey has been asking him about the PL and England :lol: agent Trips

    Trips is still friends with Tottenham players from the interviews and social media things I have seen. Hopefully, he is letting Partey know what he thinks of Arsenal. :)
  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    We are apparently in for Thiago Silva
  • arsenalap
    8076 posts League Winner
    No thanks. Instead of Luiz sure but not now.
  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    Arteta says Balogun and Saka will probably both sign, thats good news.

    Also said he will be using the 433. That means we will probably be looking at two midfielders coming in this summer. Especially if Guendouzi leaves. And thirdly he mentioned how good Cedric was technically, much better than anything we currently have were his words. Dont think he rates Bellerin all that much.

    Leno

    Tierney
    Saliba
    Upamecano
    Cedric

    Partey
    Xhaka
    Saka

    Martinelli
    Auba
    Pepe

    Is what I think we will end up having.
  • Pughy30
    27020 posts Player of the Year
    Not sure how i feel about Weghorst, I feel like he'd change our play style having a 6'6 striker up front
  • WryLucky
    2465 posts Fans' Favourite
    May as well of kept Giroud
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    He'd be good for a team like Sheffield or Burnley, not so sure about Arsenal, he scored 16 in 32 in the Bundesliga and only 2 goals in 8 Europa games
    Last season scored 17 in 34 in the league so 1 goal every other game which is the rate most good strikers score at

    I'd much rather go for a player like Jimenez, Immobile, Edouard, maybe even Danny Ings is a shout. Jovic is another one I'd look at but his antics are a put off and he's hardly played
  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    Bs link and story. Wouldn't make sense.
  • Ahmer50x
    22915 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    He'd be good for a team like Sheffield or Burnley, not so sure about Arsenal, he scored 16 in 32 in the Bundesliga and only 2 goals in 8 Europa games
    Last season scored 17 in 34 in the league so 1 goal every other game which is the rate most good strikers score at

    I'd much rather go for a player like Jimenez, Immobile, Edouard, maybe even Danny Ings is a shout. Jovic is another one I'd look at but his antics are a put off and he's hardly played

    This. Weghorst wouldn't fit Arteta's style of play.
  • G000ner
    4789 posts National Call-Up
    I think he wants a striker that's a physical presence and presses from the front. We're seriously lacking anyone that can win a header too. It makes sense if we're tracking him. I know Arteta likes Martinelli and Nketiah so maybe he doesn't want to sign another younger striker in their mold, rather he wants someone that can offer something different in certain games
  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    Thinking about it a little more it would be nice to have that sort of option. Arteta said he was after more experienced players.

    Hes a good goalscorer in Germany and for a big bloke he's good with his feet. Nketiah is seemingly going to be given a chance and Auba/Laca are both likely to leave.

    Would still rather Edouard or David mind you.
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    Wonder what the fee is and if we will still pay some of the wage
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    Apparently they might have mutually agreed to terminate the contract a year early so essentially he leaves for free in the summer at least it frees up his 180k wages properly
  • Ahmer50x
    22915 posts Club Captain
    Honestly any way you can get rid of Mkhi's wages was worthwhile
  • wth22
    11229 posts Has That Special Something
    The Alexis-Mkhi swap must have been the worst swap in transfer history
  • arsenalap
    8076 posts League Winner
    Terrible business if we just let him go.

    He was an asset coming off a good season, should have pushed for upto 10m.

    But I've heard we got some money for him, might even just be what the rest of his contract was worth, roughly 7.5m.
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    1 down about 8 to go

    Ozil
    Lacazette
    Sokratis
    Mustafi
    Elneny
    Mavropanos
    AMN OR Guendouzi
    Chambers OR Holding
  • Pughy30
    27020 posts Player of the Year
    Gonna throw a party the day we get rid of Ozil he's basically a part time footballer who earns 300k a week.
  • Ahmer50x
    22915 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Terrible business if we just let him go.

    He was an asset coming off a good season, should have pushed for upto 10m.

    But I've heard we got some money for him, might even just be what the rest of his contract was worth, roughly 7.5m.




    Looks like you just offloaded his stupid wages. Don't agree with you that that's terrible business.
  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Terrible business if we just let him go.

    He was an asset coming off a good season, should have pushed for upto 10m.

    But I've heard we got some money for him, might even just be what the rest of his contract was worth, roughly 7.5m.

    Terrible business letting a terrible player go who was on 200k a week? You baffle me sometimes. Nobody would pay anything to us for him because nobody would pay his wages. Hence why we loaned him.
  • arsenalap
    8076 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Terrible business if we just let him go.

    He was an asset coming off a good season, should have pushed for upto 10m.

    But I've heard we got some money for him, might even just be what the rest of his contract was worth, roughly 7.5m.

    Terrible business letting a terrible player go who was on 200k a week? You baffle me sometimes. Nobody would pay anything to us for him because nobody would pay his wages. Hence why we loaned him.

    I baffle you :D

    We haven't got a load of cash and we dont have a huge amount of assets.

    Mhky is coming off the back of a good season with Roma, and he was desperate for the move. Much like we did with Koscielny, we should have waited for 5m-10m.

    His wages are a boost, and yes it's better than keeping him, but how we didnt manage to get a nominal fee for him shows our negotiating team arent great. His agent will get a fee from Roma instead.
  • Tornado31619
    21124 posts Club Captain
    Am I correct in recalling that his agent is the rat?
  • Ahmer50x
    22915 posts Club Captain
    Am I correct in recalling that his agent is the rat?

    Yes
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    Glad he is able to play the final, it would be harsh if they didn't allow it hes worked to get to that point all season, it will be good experience for him. Plus our season ends around same time as it i think so it makes no difference as far as pre season, just hope he doesn't get injured
  • TakeItSlow
    9071 posts League Winner
    edited June 30
    Ashy wrote: »
    Glad he is able to play the final, it would be harsh if they didn't allow it hes worked to get to that point all season, it will be good experience for him. Plus our season ends around same time as it i think so it makes no difference as far as pre season, just hope he doesn't get injured

    Sorry to translate they are saying he is not playing it and they aren't happy with Arsenal.

    Two clubs couldn't find a financial agreement to extend his loan. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth if we demanded stupid money.
  • Ashy
    10790 posts Has That Special Something
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Glad he is able to play the final, it would be harsh if they didn't allow it hes worked to get to that point all season, it will be good experience for him. Plus our season ends around same time as it i think so it makes no difference as far as pre season, just hope he doesn't get injured

    Sorry to translate they are saying he is not playing it and they aren't happy with Arsenal.

    Two clubs couldn't find a financial agreement to extend his loan. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth if we demanded stupid money.

    :s oh my bad I assumed we allowed him to since I saw rumours it was going to be the case a couple of days go, so maybe not then. I can see where Arsenal are coming from but we extended Ceballos for example so I don't see why they can't have Saliba for a cup final one off game before our season actually ends. Maybe Arsenal wanted to add an injury clause in the contract reducing the fee down
Sign In or Register to comment.