The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Pietu
    5962 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Understandable although I think for his own sake, maybe he should change to LB. Has more influence there.

Equally when Tierney comes back, Saka can be a long term LW option. I wouldn't rush him into playing him every week though.

If, as expected, you sell Auba and Laca this summer, I think you could do worse than having a starting set of:
    Pepe---Martinelli---Saka

There's a lot of potential in that set IMO

I think we should rotate Saka and Martinelli on the LW and sign an experienced striker around 26 to 28 years old.

Wouldn't want all of the above starting just yet.

Or just keep one of Auba/Laca and sell the other.

Pukki 👀👀
  • Ashy
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    Wonder if Immobile would do well in the PL
  • Pietu
    Ashy wrote: »

Would you want to break the bank for a top striker again?
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    There can't be much of a market for Laca on his form.

If you can, just keep him and hope his form improves.

You should be saving your money to spend on the backline
  • Ashy
    edited February 18
    Pietu wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

Would you want to break the bank for a top striker again?

If we get a good price for Laca and Auba yes we should spend big on a proven goalscorer, ideally I'd sell Laca for around 35-40m if possible with him entering his final year. Ideally Auba would sign a new contract and after that contract is up Martinelli takes over as the main striker. The Laca money can be spent on a centre back or midfielder
  • CustardHippo
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hi everyone my name is Dan and I am an alcoho... Arsenal Fan.

Good win at the weekend, result finally fitting of the pressing and possession game we have had under Arteta and maybe the sign of good things to come. Saka, Martinelli and Willock have shone so far this season and so happy for Laca and Ozil after goals this weekend. Tierney due back soon, Mari and Holding with minutes for the u23s and Pepe maybe finding his feet finally.

Are we turning it around now?
  • G000ner
    4638 posts National Call-Up
    Without Kane or Son, I honestly dont think Spurs has a chance of finishing top 5. One less team to compete with at least.
  • G000ner
    edited February 19
    Also we're the only team in Europe's top 5 leagues that are unbeaten in 2020 in all competitions 😏
  • G000ner
    Big win and clean sheet. Away vs Olympiakos isn't easy. Should get through the tie comfortably now
  • arsenalap
    7356 posts Big Money Move
    3 clean sheets on the bounce.

Won 5
    Draw 4
    Lose 0

Scored 14
    Conceded 5

In 2020.

I really want us to start creating more chances but it all funnels through Ozil atm so without him playing well the midfield is stale.

Ceballos and Pepe will help.
  • arsenalap

3 goals 9 assists I think.
  • Fab
    19436 posts World Class
    some shocking stuff but a wins a win!!!
  • G000ner
    3 clean sheets on the bounce.

Won 5
    Draw 4
    Lose 0

Scored 14
    Conceded 5

In 2020.

I really want us to start creating more chances but it all funnels through Ozil atm so without him playing well the midfield is stale.

Ceballos and Pepe will help.

We're not gonna create many chances with Willock at no.10. He has no idea what to do when he gets to the final third. At least with Ozil you can say he knows when to release the ball and usually picks the right option. Today we had the opportunity to create more chances but messed up easy passes or picked the wrong option. It's a team problem as well as a Willock problem though, I think it will improve as the players start to get Emery habits out of their system.
  • Tornado31619
    20220 posts Club Captain
    50m for Lacazette is farcical. He’s by no means your worst player, but he’s comfortably your worst forward. I get your fears about Aubameyang leaving on a free, but then you might as well just sell both of them because neither have a long-term future at the club. Saka-Martinelli-Pepe might be a bit raw, but Abraham, Mount and Pulisic are doing alright at Chelsea, even if they aren’t setting the league alight like Liverpool’s front three.

Preferably you can squeeze another couple of years out of Auba, but either way you should be looking to bin off Laca.
  • G000ner
    Nketiah starts again, not sure I agree with that. Wasnt that impressive against Newcastle and Laca did more after he came on. I dont get why were not playing Auba or Martinelli up front and the other on the left
  • arsenalap
    G000ner wrote: »
    Nketiah starts again, not sure I agree with that. Wasnt that impressive against Newcastle and Laca did more after he came on. I dont get why were not playing Auba or Martinelli up front and the other on the left

Yh agreed. I understand resting Saka but not Nketiah. Must be showing it in training.g.
  • Pietu
    What a finish that was!
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    giphy.gif
  • tilen11
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Dominic Gaucho Lewin
  • Pietu
    Yes! Get top4!
  • Ahmer50x
    22019 posts Club Captain
    Would really like a draw here.
  • Pughy30
    26608 posts Player of the Year
    Saka is so talented we need to renew his contract asap before the big teams of Europe come sniffing
  • arsenalap
    I cant see Saka making it as a top LW but as a LB or LWB he could be world class.
  • G000ner
    I cant see Saka making it as a top LW but as a LB or LWB he could be world class.

Why not? I don't see any reason why he can't, still early days. He's almost too good on the ball for a left back. We need him in the final third
  • arsenalap
    G000ner wrote: »

Why not? I don't see any reason why he can't, still early days. He's almost too good on the ball for a left back. We need him in the final third

Same reason I think Trent wouldn't make a good winger. Lacking something in terms of raw pace or skill. Saka has pace and skill so I wont write him off and I'm sure hed be a decent winger but a top 5 winger I dont think so.

But with more freedom arriving from deep I think he will thrive more. He has the core strength and awareness to be a good LB too.

But we have Tierney and no long term LW so I hope I'm wrong and he makes it as a top LW
  • arsenalap
    edited February 23
    14 goals/assists in 1850 minutes this season for Pepe.

Definitely growing in influence and end product.

If he ends the season with 20 contributions I'll be happy for his first season.

Annoying because he was through today if Bellerin played the pass right.
  • Ashy
    edited February 23
    Wonder how Dan James is getting on since he was being compared with Pepe at the start of the season

I do like his FUT future stars card though