The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• sturges12345
    3521 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Grealish or Ziyech replacing Ozil would be good
    Upamecano/Elvedi as Saliba's partner would be good especially considering they have less than 18 months on their contract. A striker could be someone like Immobile/Jovic/Jimenez. Then a midfield partner for Torreira that gives the perfect balance

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

Looking at what, £150-175M spend on those 4. Not too shabby.

4 signings that would not be significant improvements to our squad.

If you are 26 and still playing in the eridivisie you are not a serious player. Same applies for Bruno Fernandes

You need to be realistic on who you can afford if your looking down at the likes of Bruno and Ziyech.

Who would you be after if you were in charge?

Tbf I thought he was talking about Bruno Fernandes. I haven’t seen much of the other Bruno, so I can’t comment.

Grealish is a realistic signing. Soumare in the midfield. Ihatteren from PSV looks like he will be a very special player. Get him before he becomes unattainable.

Demiral from juventus may be available in the summer
    We need a lw again. We should go in again for zaha.

It’s not impossible for us to qualify for the cl. That will effect who we can get
  • sturges12345
    Upamecano/Elvedi as Saliba's partner would be good especially considering they have less than 18 months on their contract. A striker could be someone like Immobile/Jovic/Jimenez. Then a midfield partner for Torreira that gives the perfect balance

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

If you are 26 and still playing in the eridivisie you are not a serious player. Same applies for Bruno Fernandes

I'm not talking about Bruno Fernandes :lol: Bruno Guimaraes. Someone we're linked with.

@sturges12345 no offence but you said Torreira was terrible and he's been incredible under the right management. Ziyech is an improvement on Ozil, Upamecano is a huge improvement to all our CB's, along with Saliba. Jovic and Jiminez are a vast improvement on Laca and its almost impossible to buy someone of Auba's prowess anyway unless we managed to somehow get Werner.

Just because torreira looks good under decent management doesn’t mean he’s an incredible player. We could get so many superior players than torreira that would be even better in Arteta’s system.

The system makes him look better than he actually is.

There’s no way upamecano doesn’t do his acl at least once if he joins Arsenal. Jiminez and jovic I agree are much better than lacazette.
    Ziyech really isn’t that good mate. Unless having 10 long shots per game and bottling easy chances is your fantasy.

I'm not having that. Torreira has been doing two peoples jobs in the middle, he's getting through so much work and has been absolutely outstanding since Arteta took charge. If he fits the system this well then I want him to be the first name on the team sheet. Get someone like Guimaraes next to him and we'll be laughing.

There’s about 50 better midfielders better than torreira in Europe alone
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

You need to be realistic on who you can afford if your looking down at the likes of Bruno and Ziyech.

Tbf I thought he was talking about Bruno Fernandes. I haven’t seen much of the other Bruno, so I can’t comment.

Grealish is a realistic signing. Soumare in the midfield. Ihatteren from PSV looks like he will be a very special player. Get him before he becomes unattainable.

It’s not impossible for us to qualify for the cl. That will effect who we can get

Zaha? His output this season has been diabolical. Maybe a couple years ago but he's an Everton level signing now.

I do feel like players like Ziyech are waiting to see if we get CL football.
  • arsenalap
    7046 posts Big Money Move

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

I'm not talking about Bruno Fernandes :lol: Bruno Guimaraes. Someone we're linked with.

@sturges12345 no offence but you said Torreira was terrible and he's been incredible under the right management. Ziyech is an improvement on Ozil, Upamecano is a huge improvement to all our CB's, along with Saliba. Jovic and Jiminez are a vast improvement on Laca and its almost impossible to buy someone of Auba's prowess anyway unless we managed to somehow get Werner.

Just because torreira looks good under decent management doesn’t mean he’s an incredible player. We could get so many superior players than torreira that would be even better in Arteta’s system.

There’s no way upamecano doesn’t do his acl at least once if he joins Arsenal. Jiminez and jovic I agree are much better than lacazette.
    Ziyech really isn’t that good mate. Unless having 10 long shots per game and bottling easy chances is your fantasy.

I'm not having that. Torreira has been doing two peoples jobs in the middle, he's getting through so much work and has been absolutely outstanding since Arteta took charge. If he fits the system this well then I want him to be the first name on the team sheet. Get someone like Guimaraes next to him and we'll be laughing.

Torreira is great at his role. I think your opinion on him is terrible. Theres a reason he was the best young CM in Serie A and plays very well for Uruguay. Hes been our motm in almost every game under Arteta.

He has flaws but for his role he is great.
  • sturges12345

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

Zaha? His output this season has been diabolical. Maybe a couple years ago but he's an Everton level signing now.

I do feel like players like Ziyech are waiting to see if we get CL football.

Ziyech is literally an Everton level signing. Overmars sporting director was saying he could be available last summer for €35 million or less and not one single club went in for him.

What other lw do you propose? Zah’s output is so low because Crystal Palace have the least goals in the league
  • sturges12345
    arsenalap wrote: »

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

Torreira is great at his role. I think your opinion on him is terrible. Theres a reason he was the best young CM in Serie A and plays very well for Uruguay. Hes been our motm in almost every game under Arteta.

There’s also a reason why he got ragdolled by Chelsea in the europa league final and got sent off the pitch in tears. It’s because he’s simply not that good
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 21

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

There’s also a reason why he got ragdolled by Chelsea in the europa league final and got sent off the pitch in tears. It’s because he’s simply not that good

I mean he also had MOTM performances v both of the UCL finalists last season too, plus pretty much everyone had a 0/10 in that final bar Cech and Xhaka. We've got bigger issues to be resolving first (output from midfield/LW, replacing striker if Auba goes, new CB)
  • Ahmer50x
    21425 posts Club Captain
    I'd expect United to be in for Grealish.

Think Ole probably prefers Maddison but the value for money will be so much better with Grealish that he'll go that way.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4437 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Think Ole probably prefers Maddison but the value for money will be so much better with Grealish that he'll go that way.

If he was going for value he would've got Max Aarons and Dunk instead of AWB and Maguire.
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

Auba was shocking in that final does that mean he's also simply not that good? Right now Torreira is an integral part to Arteta's team, praise the way he's playing, don't just look at the negatives when he wasn't playing well. Emery was playing him as more of a 10 ffs. Now he's sitting, doing the job he's good at and playing well, shock :lol:
  • Ahmer50x
    21425 posts Club Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

If he was going for value he would've got Max Aarons and Dunk instead of AWB and Maguire.

I just think the value difference in this case is gonna be too big.

Leicester will ask 100m for Maddison and Grealish can probably be had for just over half that if Villa go down.
  • sturges12345

Ziyech
    Bruno
    Upamecano
    Jovic/Jiminez

Auba was shocking in that final does that mean he's also simply not that good? Right now Torreira is an integral part to Arteta's team, praise the way he's playing, don't just look at the negatives when he wasn't playing well. Emery was playing him as more of a 10 ffs. Now he's sitting, doing the job he's good at and playing well, shock :lol:

He never played 10. He also played dm between December and May last season and was poor. I simply want what’s best for arsenal. In the long run, he can’t be more than a squad player
  • Ashy
    10449 posts Has That Special Something
    Apparently Barca wants Auba on a 6 month loan Haha Haha
  • sturges12345

How much they offering? 10m?
  • Ashy
    edited January 21

How much they offering? 10m?

I dont know but I wouldn't even take double that. Once he returns in the summer he has a year left, we would have most likely not qualified for UCL even EL at this point and he would most definitely leave for free the summer after or a reduced fee of about £40m that summer. Baffeling at least they try I guess
  • G000ner
    4580 posts National Call-Up
    What have Barca been smoking
  • G000ner
    Bellerin back for AMN is the only change, bit of a weird one to bring him back for, but excited to see Bellerin overlapping with Pepe coming inside.

Mustafi and Ozil still starting. Not sure what's up with Sokratis, thought he was just an ill. Changing my prediction to 3-1 Chelsea
  • G000ner
    Our strength is our full backs and wingers and their weakness is their full backs and wingers. We can exploit that. 4-3 us
  • Ashy
    - Laca cant score away
    - Martinelli will be isolated and Dave will keep him quiet.
    - We might have some success on the right side.
    - Expecting Chelsea to dominate the midfield and Ozil to be very quiet.
    - Mustafi/Luiz and Saka to have a shocker, Bellerin will look decent on his return though

3-0 Chelsea
  • tilen11
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    Great stuff from Mustafi. Top man
  • arsenalap
    I thought you dont give a red and a pen..
  • WryLucky
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite

It's a red when it's a open net.
  • arsenalap
    WryLucky wrote: »

No I swear they got rid of that this season..

Unless its serious foul play.
  • Ashy
    Mustafi well done mate, the sooner this idiot is out of the club the better
  • Kellnerr
    3095 posts National Call-Up
    It's a yellow card if he actually tries to go for the ball and a red if he only goes for the man if he's the last defender.
  • Sellish
    9935 posts Has That Special Something
    WryLucky wrote: »

No I swear they got rid of that this season..

Unless its serious foul play.

I think I've heard the same but apparently not.

I do feel sorry for Luiz. That's on Mustafi.
  • arsenalap
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    It's a yellow card if he actually tries to go for the ball and a red if he only goes for the man if he's the last defender.

He wasnt the last man and did go for the ball.. he didnt just drag him down
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner
    Mustafi is a disease man, why the hell is he still here. Made countless mistakes and poor passes leading up to that, completely ruined this game like hes done countless times before. Go away mustafi.
  • Fab
    19184 posts World Class
    man
  • arsenalap
    Hmm I really think that was a yellow. And I think that's why Luiz did it..