The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Fab
    18944 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Ozil is without a doubt a “luxury” player, he’s the perfect example of a good player when he’s in a good team, it’s why he succeeded at Madrid, he’d still look good playing for City, but playing for an Arsenal team where he has to graft for chances isn’t his game, a team like Arsenal can’t afford a luxury player most games.

Can't afford not playing him either. Seems to be the only midfielder capable of linking the midfield to the attack so when he's not playing it's even more of a disjointed mess. Whole midfield needs a revamp as soon as possible tbh.
  • Keano
    14855 posts Has That Special Something
    Keano wrote: »
    We need to go back to the tried and tested formula. 6’0 plus black central midfielder with pace, power and technical ability

Mctominay celebrating how @sturges12345 won't let him into the Arsenal team due to his race :trollface:

giphy.gif
    It's just a joke

McSauce perfect modern day footballer. Pace, power and technique.

You're forgetting the race pal, that's the issue everyone has... if you said a "Midfielder with pace, power & technical ability" nobody would have an issue, McTominay however, can't change his race... so I'm afraid you'll have to stick with hoping a Patrick Vieira 2.0 comes along instead.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    Guillem is preparing an article on Arteta as next manager lol.

Lots of red Herrings out there atm.
  • Pietu
    4627 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    Pietu wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Go away and educate yourself about the topic, you clearly don’t understand what your saying, and don’t realise the harm stereotyping can do.

I’m educated enough to know that a black guy wanting his club to buy a black central midfielder is not racist

So as a white Liverpool fan, if I wanted to replace Salah and Mane with white players I wouldn’t be racist?

Pukki doesn't play the wings mate ;)

Don't need Bobby and Origi anymore then :trollface:

Corner taken quickly... PUKKKIIII ?

Not going to lie, that sounds good :joy:
  • Ashy
    10265 posts Has That Special Something
    Get ready

GettyImages-451361659.jpg
  • Keano
    14855 posts Has That Special Something
    Ashy wrote: »
    Get ready

giphy.gif
  • Pietu
    4627 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Get ready

Just need Cazorla back
  • EA_Roger
    360 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2019
    Removed all the comments about race, no need to it bring into this. Thanks for all the constructive comments though. Now let's talk about Arteta and his amazing hair.

2iiocck.gif
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner

We've had about 10 managers this week already
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4434 posts National Call-Up
    People in the forum watched the game and saw ozil being heavily involved in 2 of our three goals. They then say let’s swap him for guendouzi the man who still doesn’t know his best position and is lacking a final ball.

A guendouzi- torreira - xhaka midfield would be horrific. The slowest midfield in the premier league with 0 goal scoring or creative threat.

Torreira's contribution for the first goal was on par with Ozil's for both. Took ages to make the pass for the 3rd and was lucky Aubameyang made something of it to get it to Pepe.

Bloke's literally offered nothing else bar 3 floated corners since he came back into the team as the saviour 9 games ago.

Alan shearer -‘west ham couldn’t cope with ozil in the second half’

But tropical XBL says he offered nothing. Who am I to believe?

Speaks volumes if you're genuinely bigging up a display like that after how poor he's been pretty much every time he's featured this season. In shock people still make so many excuses for him.

I can remember a max of 3 assists and 3 goals he's had in 2019, yet you're the first to bash Lacazette for his lack of output away from home.

At the end of the day our midfield needs to be massively improved and he's one of the first who needs to be shipped out.

Actually xhaka, torreira, ceballos should all be shipped out before ozil.
    I bash lacazette because arsenal fans rate him so highly when he cost £50 MILLION and produces worse numbers than Giroud.

The first part of your quote I can apply to torreira, Pepe, xhaka, chambers, spiffland niles, kobabsinac etc.

Ceballos has also been rubbish for the most part yet he's still had a better performance than Ozil has all season. Not to mention the fact that he's a loan signing that probably cost us around £10m tops over the season, whereas Ozil costs us at least double in wages over the season.

I agree with Xhaka having to go, however Torreira has been mis-used badly for a huge amount of his time here so the jury is still out on him for me.

To your third point, yes everyone has been poor bar Aubameyang and Leno, however the expectations and outlay for wages on Ozil is non comparable to most of those players bar Pepe. He's our highest earner on 350k P/W yet has only arguably put in an above 5/10 performance for a game and a half in the past year.

Ceballos quite literally hasn’t. That’s your bias. He’s had one good game and that’s it. He’s been shocking in every other one.

The issue is with torreira is that arsenal fans think they are being reasonable by using the misuse argument. Facts are you will eventually recognise when it’s very late that he is simply not physically suited for this league. Not quick, not strong and regularly underhits his passes.

Ozil has been poor, but emery doesn’t know how to utilise attacking players. I mean mbappe scores only 13 league goals under him and the next season he hit 30 under a manager who utilised his strengths. Emery also used lo Celia and dm at PSG and then the next season he scores 16 goals from an attacking midfield position.
    Ozil needs to rebuild his confidence as he’s been playing with what wenger would describe as the ‘handbrakes on’ for over a year

I don’t believe he is completely finished. 17/18 was a really good season for him in big games until his back injury and then when emery joined his form nosedived in every single aspect

Firstly, that's literally what I said.. His performance against Burnley has out-done anything Ozil has done since probably Leicester at home last season, yet the expectations for him are obviously much lower since he's a younger player just coming into the PL and on loan.

You may be correct on Torreira however I think you also have to understand a bit of the context behind his adaptation into the PL. It's not exactly easy coming into the best league in the world from Serie A into a positions where hasn't played before (pretty sure he played at the base of a 3 for both Sampdoria and Uruguay). If the option is there to improve on him I'm more than happy to however I don't think he's lost much value since he's been here.

And 17/18 was a really good season for Ozil in big games? That just shows how much he has fallen. He was good against Spurs and Liverpool at home, however he stunk the place out in pretty much every other big game he played. Unfortunately he's over the hill and whether Emery's insistence on wide creation has fastened that process or not, he needs to be replaced at the earliest possible opportunity.

I'd like to see us try the 433 again now we have an actually balanced front 3 in Martinelli/Aubameyang/Pepe. Maybe Xhaka/Torreira/Guendouzi is too defensive, so Willock/Ceballos can get a run for a few games to see if something clicks.

Stunk up the place loooool. What revisionism. Was quality vs Chelsea in the league and second leg of the carling cup semi finals. 2 assists away vs Milan in the el final . 3 assists vs Cska Moscow. Very good vs athletico Madrid home which we drew because lacazette was doing his best Giroud vs Monaco impression. Very good vs Man U at home which was one of the biggest football robberies of all time because of de Gea.

The only game he stunk it up was Man City and that was because we were getting battered. He literally didn’t stink up any big game apart from that but because there’s that impression that he’s bad in big games unless he scores or assists he automatically played bad.

Using games against AC Milan and CSKA Moscow ffs :D Incredible clutching of straws, not least the fact Ramsey performed better than he did in those games as well. Nice to see you leave out both league games against Man City, Spurs and Liverpool away, and the fact our best away performance in a big game came with him being left out (Chelsea away). Revisionism aye.

Nice of you to mention all the games where we had 40% possession and got battered and then say he ghosts in big games. Congrats man. What did any of other players do in those games? Ramsey scores all those goals because ozil provided them but that slipped your mind

Right, so in big games that we've done well only he gets the credit yet we have to abstain him from taking any sort of responsibility for how bad we've played in countless other big games? He's our highest earner by a long shot so he should also have the highest expectations upon him.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    Ancelotti sacked, can see that happening as a short term fix.
  • tilen11
    5690 posts Big Money Move
    Yep. It was announced on their Twitter account that they parted ways.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    Napoli's main outlet Republica have said that Ancelotti is on his way to london to sign with us what the hell haha
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    Ancelotti is a winner who gets the most out of squads.

Sadly, you’ve not got as much in your squad as you think and that’s why I think you may end up disappointed with what you get.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Sadly, you’ve not got as much in your squad as you think and that’s why I think you may end up disappointed with what you get.

We definitely have enough to come 4th.

We have a top keeper and a world class goalscorer. If Carlo comes and can get the best out of everything inbetween then that'll be grand.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    We have a top class keeper and a world class goalscorer. If Carlo actually comes and gets the best out of eveything in between we will be fine. We have a squad capable of making 4th
  • Ahmer50x
    20800 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

We definitely have enough to come 4th.

We have a top keeper and a world class goalscorer. If Carlo comes and can get the best out of everything inbetween then that'll be grand.

Your CBs are still clowns and your fullbacks still can’t stay fit.

It’d be hard to make top 4 even for Pep or Klopp IMO
  • Ashy
    edited December 2019
    Let's assume it's down to these 3 options

Arteta, Ancelotti or Ljungberg

1. We go with a risky appointment in Arteta in hope we find our very own 'Guardiola' could pay off and he gets us playing attractive football with an identity or it could go bad and hes out of his depth and we end up mid table at best

2. Ancelotti, maybe the safest option, could steady the ship signing a 6 month or 18 month contract. He gets us finishing around 6th but we dont quite look like improving long term under him. Then we look at getting a young high profile manager in 6/18 months time

3. Trust in Ljungberg to get us over the line until the summer, probably the most risky since I think Arteta would do a better job, could end anywhere between 7th and 14th. Then we look to get someone like Rose/Marsch/Rodgers in the summer.
  • wth22
    10842 posts Has That Special Something
    Has to be Ancelotti, it's god's gift to you that you have a safe appointment available. I don't think you can afford to take a risk with a completely untested manager and risk actually plunging into mid table, lose Aubameyang and be unable to replace him with the lack of money/attraction after finishing 9th.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    Everton for Ancelotti according to Sky...
  • CaptainDan-
    1849 posts Fans' Favourite

He's a huge favourite for arsenal according to all the bookies
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner

He's a huge favourite for arsenal according to all the bookies

God knows whats going on :lol:
  • arsenalap
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure if Carlo is a good idea myself.
  • Ashy
    Hes too laid back for me, reports of Bayern doing their own training sessions because his wasnt intense enough, Napoli's squad should easily be 2nd in Serie A but they are 7th miles off similar state as Arsenal/Man Utd/Spurs.

I think I want Arteta it's worth the risk since top 4 is most likely out of reach unless Chelsea hit a bad patch or Vardy gets injured for a long period. Then you still have Spurs and Utd looking to sneak in there anyway. I honestly dont care if we miss out on Europa it might do us good next season to concentrate on the PL
  • arsenalap
    6781 posts Big Money Move
    Doesnt mean anything but interestingly we have 3 of the top 10 youngest goalscorers in the champions league of all time.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    Xhaka, Tierney and possibly Pepe and Bellerin out of the Man City game.
  • TakeItSlow
    8360 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019
    I do like that approach not gonna lie. Arteta or Poch was always the case. But of course it opens up a lot of potential candidates in terms of a coach coming next summer.

Poch
    Arteta
    Allegri
    Ten Haag
    Nagelsman

Will all be on the list. We want the absolute best by the looks of things which is good to see. The players love Freddie and I love Freddie, it could well be a poor season but i'd rather get the right coach in than another Emery.

The lack of noise surrounding Poch is weird.
  • Snugglebites
    1389 posts Professional
    Arteta is the only real obtainable one there for the summer. Maybe Allegri, too.