The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Kman
    3070 posts National Call-Up
    2nd by Christmas!
  • arsenalap
    6824 posts Big Money Move
    Kman wrote: »
    2nd by Christmas!

You've done this twice recently. Its quite boring.
  • Ashy
    10273 posts Has That Special Something
    2nd by Christmas!

2nd bottom m8
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain
    Ashy wrote: »
    2nd by Christmas!

2nd bottom m8

Still second :joy:
  • Kman
    3070 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    2nd by Christmas!

You've done this twice recently. Its quite boring.

You’re confusing boring with hilarious
  • Cyodine
    2004 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2019
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I'm seeing 30m+ Jovic + Ceballos for auba and Juventus in for Laca at 70m... lol

Has Real even shown an interest for Auba? I'm not sure if 30m + Jovic and Ceballos is acceptable for RM. Even if Jovic has not done well, I'm sure there is still a promising striker still within him. I don't think RM or Juventus would splash any cash on Auba/Laca, at least not those figures. I also don't think RM even need someone like Auba, not sure how he fits into their team.

You might get crazy money if you are able to sell him to a Chinese club, but I don't see many clubs buying him unless they need a stop gap.
  • tilen11
    5695 posts Big Money Move
    G000ner wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Beggars can't be choosers.

We aren’t beggars though

Pretty amazing that you haven't accepted your new position in the hierarchy yet.

You're a midtable club mate. At best a Europa League side.

As much as you want this to be true, it isnt.

As much as you, fans want to believe its not true, it is. The sooner you open your eyes and see that the club is in an absolute downward spiral the better.

The fact that Liverpool and Chelsea have both been in similar positions in recent history and bounced back should teach you better.

United are still in that situation also.

We were bad and almost bankrupt for quite a few years and nobody said we werent midtable quality because we were. We knew how garbage we were.

You will bpunce back but not in an instant. First you need a solid manager, you need capable board and a few years that a new manager implements his views.

You are midtable and will remain so for a while.

We were one point off top 4 last year. 3 months into the new season and you've come to the conclusion we'll be 'mid-table for a while', just because we've got off to a poor start under an awful manager. We're a long way off challenging for the title, but we really aren't far off top 4 with a competent manager. Last year proved that.

It's just a load of hopeful nonsense really.

True that. You will come 4th
    Cyodine wrote: »
    I'm seeing 30m+ Jovic + Ceballos for auba and Juventus in for Laca at 70m... lol

Has Real even shown an interest for Auba? I'm not sure if 30m + Jovic and Ceballos is acceptable for RM. Even if Jovic has not done well, I'm sure there is still a promising striker still within him. I don't think RM or Juventus would splash any cash on Auba/Laca, at least not those figures. I also don't think RM even need someone like Auba, not sure how he fits into their team.

You might get crazy money if you are able to sell him to a Chinese club, but I don't see many clubs buying him unless they need a stop gap.

Considering they paid almost 60m for Jović, Ceballos no matter if he isnt THAT great is still easy 25m in todays market and 30m in cash on top of that? 115m in total value for Auba seems too much and is not believable in any way. And I dont know why Madrid would even be that interested in Auba. He is not getting any younger and wouldnt play ahead of Benzema since he lacks playmaking abilities which are crucial for Real.

China however would probably be willing to pay an absurd amount.
  • arsenalap
    I dont get why we are on Monday.

We play again on Thursday, why not give us today and have Leicester Villa on monday seeing as neither have mid week games.

Instead we now play 3 games in 6 days. So silly.
  • Fab
    18969 posts World Class
    Cyodine wrote: »

The reputable Daily Mirror reported it so it's happening sorry buddy
  • Tornado31619
    18990 posts World Class
    :#
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner
    100x more likely he's watching for West Ham.

We are after Poch, quite obvious now.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain
    100x more likely he's watching for West Ham.

We are after Poch, quite obvious now.

I can't wait to see what you're like when Marcelino is announced as the new manager this week.
  • Tornado31619
    18990 posts World Class
    Didn't he turn down Barca due to his links with Espanyol? He's not desperate for a job, you know.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain
    Didn't he turn down Barca due to his links with Espanyol? He's not desperate for a job, you know.

"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal. That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places." -Poch
  • tilen11
    5695 posts Big Money Move

He said that he would rather work on a farm in Argentina than manage Arsenal or Barcelona.

He has admitted before being sacked he would love to return so Spain.
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner

"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal. That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places." -Poch

Why are you cherry picking quotes? @Ahmer50x

"That is my decision because I prefer to work on a farm in Argentina than in some places. But my commitment is massive in this club. I am working like I am going to be here forever. But in the end, it is like the players, you never know what is going to happen in football"

Even if we don't get him, he is the main target, and that's why we're waiting. If he doesn't come he doesn't come, but Bayern aren't getting him and he's openly rejected Everton.

If we wanted Marcelinho that badly we would have him by now.

Arteta and Poch are the main two targets.
  • Tornado31619
    18990 posts World Class
    I think Poch is holding out for the United or Real jobs.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain

Why are you cherry picking quotes? Ahmer50x

"That is my decision because I prefer to work on a farm in Argentina than in some places. But my commitment is massive in this club. I am working like I am going to be here forever. But in the end, it is like the players, you never know what is going to happen in football"

Even if we don't get him, he is the main target, and that's why we're waiting. If he doesn't come he doesn't come, but Bayern aren't getting him and he's openly rejected Everton.

Firstly, via Sportsmole:
    "I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal," he told reporters at his weekly press conference. "That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places."

Asked about Madrid, Pochettino added: "You never know in football. That is the problem. It is a very unstable situation. It is a lot of rumours about this, about that. Tomorrow, Daniel [Levy, Spurs' chairman] could have a bad night and say, 'Oh, I am going to sack Mauricio.' And then I look stupid saying I am not going to work in one place or another or another.

So if anyone is cherry picking, it's Sportsmole or its you.

Secondly, I do agree that it seems like Arteta is your target but if so then go get him. I don't understand the delay.

Longer you keep btec Emery, longer you'll struggle.
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner

Firstly, via Sportsmole:
    "I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal," he told reporters at his weekly press conference. "That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places."

Asked about Madrid, Pochettino added: "You never know in football. That is the problem. It is a very unstable situation. It is a lot of rumours about this, about that. Tomorrow, Daniel [Levy, Spurs' chairman] could have a bad night and say, 'Oh, I am going to sack Mauricio.' And then I look stupid saying I am not going to work in one place or another or another.

Secondly, I do agree that it seems like Arteta is your target but if so then go get him. I don't understand the delay.

Arteta did tell Marca that he takes most of the training sessions at City. Interestingly. So that would in itself take a while to sort out as City need to get a replacement etc.

But my opinion is we are waiting for Poch to come back from Argentina and decide, which makes more sense.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain
    edited December 2019

Firstly, via Sportsmole:

Arteta did tell Marca that he takes most of the training sessions at City. Interestingly. So that would in itself take a while to sort out as City need to get a replacement etc.

But my opinion is we are waiting for Poch to come back from Argentina and decide, which makes more sense.

That's the only rational explanation tbh because otherwise Raul should be sacked for incompetence. Spurs sacked Poch and had Mourinho in within a day. United the same with Ole till the end of the season last year when Mourinho got the boot.

If you're looking comparatively stupid compared to Ed Woodward, you're not a very good football administrator.

Also, interestingly, City have had Giovanni van Bronckhorst observing their management team for a while now.
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner

Firstly, via Sportsmole:

That's the only rational explanation tbh because otherwise Raul should be sacked for incompetence. Spurs sacked Poch and had Mourinho in within a day. United the same with Ole till the end of the season last year when Mourinho got the boot.

If you're looking comparatively stupid compared to Ed Woodward, you're not a very good football administrator.

Also, interestingly, City have had Giovanni van Bronckhorst observing their management team for a while now.

And according to Ornstein the sacking decision was made before the Frankfurt game, almost two weeks ago. We obviously want the best and don't want another Emery situation, so that's why I believe we are waiting on Poch.
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain

Firstly, via Sportsmole:

And according to Ornstein the sacking decision was made before the Frankfurt game, almost two weeks ago. We obviously want the best and don't want another Emery situation, so that's why I believe we are waiting on Poch.

If you get Poch, then it'll have been worth it. If you don't and end up with Arteta or whoever was already available, then it'll look silly.

Newcastle's late winner just put you into the bottom half after nearly half the season has already gone.
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner
    edited December 2019

Firstly, via Sportsmole:

If you get Poch, then it'll have been worth it. If you don't and end up with Arteta or whoever was already available, then it'll look silly.

Newcastle's late winner just put you into the bottom half after nearly half the season has already gone.

If Brighton win we'll be 12th :open_mouth:

Lovely stuff. Steve Bruce is above us :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    20890 posts Club Captain

Firstly, via Sportsmole:

If Brighton win we'll be 12th :open_mouth:

Lovely stuff. Steve Bruce is above us :joy:

:joy:
  • Tornado31619
    18990 posts World Class
    Auba hat-trick incoming
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner
    Marcelino out the picture, going to Everton. We move. Arteta or Poch.
  • arsenalap

How sure of this are you or are you just making things up ha.

That Marcelino is going to Everton that is.
  • TakeItSlow
    8460 posts League Winner

How sure of this are you or are you just making things up ha.

That Marcelino is going to Everton that is.

Marcelino flew into the UK yesterday, in recent hours reliable Spanish sources have said he's about to take over at a Premier league club and tonight the Athletic have said its Everton.