Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game turned out completely different from what I had imagined to be, thought we would bottle it but glad I was proven wrong.

Whole team was absolutely brilliant, very hard to even criticize any of them. Our midfield was too good, Coquelin really looking the player we need. Giroud proving that he deserves to play for us.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Nem wrote: »
    Two guaranteed defeats for Chelsea coming up

Who knows where Arsenal could finish this season

Anything can happen. Wenger still believes that we can win the title.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Sloosh wrote: »
    giroud is *!

thank you saint sylvain!

97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    19928 posts World Class
    Don't understand why you can't play like that all season.

I mean, Liverpool and United haven't either, but atleast both clubs had massive transfer upheaval to point to as an excuse. You guys were just fine-tweaked iirc, so that doesn't work as an excuse for you.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

I mean, Liverpool and United haven't either, but atleast both clubs had massive transfer upheaval to point to as an excuse. You guys were just fine-tweaked iirc, so that doesn't work as an excuse for you.

Didn't stop you from predicting that we'd finish outside the top 4 at the beginning of the season, lol.
  • Jaymizzo

Its a phobia of ours to be comfortable in a season. You can see in most of our matches, we make things unnecessarily hard for ourselves. Like the commentator pointed out, our recent performances make one wonder what the hell went on when we played Monaco.

Hopefully with the way we have been playing and Wenger seemingly interested more in defensive cover than attacking, we could be a different team going forward.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Excellent performance. Bellerin was very lucky, had no need to make that challenge, other than that very good.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    How does Flamini not get carded for stamping? 136dd33cba83140c7ce38db096d05aed.gif
  • Premier-Sky
    2880 posts Fans' Favourite
    giroud is *!

thank you saint sylvain!

Giroud has a higher goals/minute ratio than Costa this season, just saying

• Ahmer50x wrote: »

We had some disgusting draws early on, pretty much ruined our season. Was finding a balance in midfield that was the main problem, as well as adjusting to a new formation.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    giroud is *!

thank you saint sylvain!

;)
  • Bluemoon
    15710 posts World Class
    giroud is *!

thank you saint sylvain!

Don't forget his 3 month lay off ;)
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero

Is this an act or are you genuinely this ****? You change your opinions on an hourly basis and each time they are equally as moronic.
  • Samuel
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ozil could score 10 goals, create 10 assists and save a penalty and still every commentator will find something to whinge about him. The amount of undue criticism the guy gets at times is just stupid, he is a great player.
  • Ahmer50x
    19928 posts World Class
    I said you were favorites before the match. I will hold my hands up and concede I was wrong about you guys finishing out of the top 4 at the start of the season, but that was more so because I overestimated Liverpool than underestimated you guys.

It was an honest question, and one you lot should be asking as well. Why doesn't Arsenal play anywhere near their potential for much of the season? That's hardly a **** question to ask.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    I said you were favorites before the match. I will hold my hands up and concede I was wrong about you guys finishing out of the top 4 at the start of the season, but that was more so because I overestimated Liverpool than underestimated you guys.

It was an honest question, and one you lot should be asking as well. Why doesn't Arsenal play anywhere near their potential for much of the season? That's hardly a **** question to ask.

No, when you made that prediction you specifically pointed out how weak Arsenal were, not how strong Liverpool were.

And you're question is idiotic because you act like we haven't been ravaged by injuries. Look at the periods in which we played badly and you'll see we were playing with a makeshift players in key areas of the pitch. I mean for **** sake, we were playing with Monreal at CB for nearly 2 months.
  • G000ner
    4412 posts National Call-Up
    Brilliant performance, we were lucky on the Bellerin situation. Can was rightly sent off, I don't understand why Henderson was trying to put the card back in the referee's pocket. Still deserving of the win, all 4 goals were fantastic. If Chelsea drop points tomorrow, then we're still in with a chance.
  • Ahmer50x
    19928 posts World Class

No, when you made that prediction you specifically pointed out how weak Arsenal were, not how strong Liverpool were.

And you're question is idiotic because you act like we haven't been ravaged by injuries. Look at the periods in which we played badly and you'll see we were playing with a makeshift players in key areas of the pitch. I mean for **** sake, we were playing with Monreal at CB for nearly 2 months.

I did believe you lacked at CB and CDM but then you guys signed Gabriel and Coquelin emerged, addressing two of my big issues with your side :wink:

As to the question of injuries, that's an answer to my question, thanks. I don't keep a mental record of every team's injuries.
  • G000ner
    That Welbeck cameo at the end was horrendous 2cgki87.jpg
  • G000ner
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    We seriously need an out and out LW
    Reus isn't anymore so than Sanchez 2cgki87.jpg
  • Welbeck
    5188 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    this is aids
  • Jaymizzo
    G000ner wrote: »

Reus plays at his best on the left and he would put any of our players to shame in that position.
  • G000ner wrote: »
    Brilliant performance, we were lucky on the Bellerin situation. Can was rightly sent off, I don't understand why Henderson was trying to put the card back in the referee's pocket. Still deserving of the win, all 4 goals were fantastic. If Chelsea drop points tomorrow, then we're still in with a chance.

Its not uncommon for refs to just give the penalty sometimes in these situations, there wasnt really any malice either in the tackle. Outside the box I feel its a sending off because there wouldnt be a pen, but in this case it was a pen and the ref didnt give double damage to us and thats common.
  • Welbeck
    edited April 2015
    ignore
  • Welbeck
    Coquelin is a very good player, too. Had doubts about his ball playing ability, but he's improved massively.

can't wait for wilshere to be shoe horned in and us to go bad again

• Jaymizzo
    Welbeck wrote: »
    Coquelin is a very good player, too. Had doubts about his ball playing ability, but he's improved massively.

can't wait for wilshere to be shoe horned in and us to go bad again
    Wilshere has played well this season...
  • Welbeck
    yes, Wilshere played well but the team didn't. Since he's been injured, we've massively improved our performances and results
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move

Reus plays at his best on the left and he would put any of our players to shame in that position.
    :joy: Alexis is better than Reus. In that position and elsewhere.
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Are we not allowed have match threads here? That other one looked dodgy.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class

Its not uncommon for refs to just give the penalty sometimes in these situations, there wasnt really any malice either in the tackle. Outside the box I feel its a sending off because there wouldnt be a pen, but in this case it was a pen and the ref didnt give double damage to us and thats common.
    Either it should be a 2nd yellow pal