arsenalap wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Poch leaving spurs, what an almighty twist that would be 👀👀

You expect him to go from one woefully performing London club with a shoe string budget and absolutely no defence to another woefully performing London club with a shoe string budget and no defence?
    What’s the point in him moving 😂

I’m expecting him to get a big job next, not sure what’s available right now with that being said, probably Bayern are the most likely right now

Our budget is fairly higher than Spurs, especially with wages.

We have much better youth coming through which he would enjoy.

Our defence doesnt need a massive rebuild. It needs a very good CB mostly and another RB. Beyond that we have enough quality and depth when Saliba comes in.

Our midfield is the big issue.

I dont think he will ever come to Arsenal mind.

You spent a lot last window and will be paying of Pepe for a few years so I’m not sure about that, but only time will tell tbf.

Your defense needs a massive overhaul imo, but so does Spurs.

Your midfield and attack are both worse than spurs(particularly when considering the age of Son/Kane)

I think Spurs are in a slightly better position squad wise, although as you say you have better youth(but that’s always a gamble)

I’m not trashing you compared to spurs more just that it’d be a very sideways move for someone who absolutely deserves an upgrade

Of our defence and midfield, I would want to keep:

Bellerin, New RB
    New CB, Holding, Saliba, Chambers
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Sell: Sokratis, Mustafi, Luiz, Xhaka, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Mhky, Ozil.

I dont think it needs a complete rebuild. A lot of those players haven't even reached their peak yet. But 3 of those 4 signings need to be of a good quality. I think for the sales we can get 90-100m.

The players we need in will probably cost 150-200m.

The net isnt that bad, and I dont think we would get all 4 this summer or sell everyone this summer. I think we will sign a CB in Jan actually.

We will be relying a lot on youth players for backups but I have no issue with it, they are all very talented.

To take a more cynical/harsher view on your squad I’d argue you’d also want rid of Kolasinic/and the lesser of Holding/Chambers to be replaced by better quality-Kolasinics replacement could be a youngster so not too expensive but another big CB is needed imo.

You need a lot more depth up front and in midfield, however you know your youth better than me so if you think it’s good enough it may well be.

Ideally If I were you I’d aim to sell Lacca and buy a proper winger, allowing Auba to be your main 9

Kola isnt a bad backup but I wouldn't be opposed to replacing him, but it's probably not a cost.

It depends on how Holding does this season. If he gets form back up I dont mind him as a starting CB, with Saliba developing and Chambers 4th choice.

The youth is risky, but I think if we sign quality in the first XI, its not a big issue. We could do with another attacking player for depth, much like a Fraser or someone but it wouldn't cost much.

I think Laca or Auba will go soon, but Martinelli might step up. It's a risk but he looks very talented but also raw.

I guess it also depends a lot on what your aiming for, i guess to get back into the top 4 you realistically need to get ahead of United and catch Leicester up, you’d have to sign some really big players in your spare positions to do that imo, United will spend big, Leicester will likely lose 2/3 if they’re starting XI so it’s massively dependant on what they do I guess.

What’s a realistic(in your opinion) XI that you’d be aiming for then to get you top 4?

Leno
    Bellerin - New CB - Holding/Saliba - Tierney
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

I think that would get us into the top 4 next season.

I think we will get the CB in Jan. Demiral, Upamecano, Pau Torres are most linked

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.
  • El_Nino
    3881 posts National Call-Up

You expect him to go from one woefully performing London club with a shoe string budget and absolutely no defence to another woefully performing London club with a shoe string budget and no defence?

I’m expecting him to get a big job next, not sure what’s available right now with that being said, probably Bayern are the most likely right now

Our defence doesnt need a massive rebuild. It needs a very good CB mostly and another RB. Beyond that we have enough quality and depth when Saliba comes in.

You spent a lot last window and will be paying of Pepe for a few years so I’m not sure about that, but only time will tell tbf.

Your midfield and attack are both worse than spurs(particularly when considering the age of Son/Kane)

I think Spurs are in a slightly better position squad wise, although as you say you have better youth(but that’s always a gamble)

I’m not trashing you compared to spurs more just that it’d be a very sideways move for someone who absolutely deserves an upgrade

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

I dont think it needs a complete rebuild. A lot of those players haven't even reached their peak yet. But 3 of those 4 signings need to be of a good quality. I think for the sales we can get 90-100m.

The net isnt that bad, and I dont think we would get all 4 this summer or sell everyone this summer. I think we will sign a CB in Jan actually.

We will be relying a lot on youth players for backups but I have no issue with it, they are all very talented.

To take a more cynical/harsher view on your squad I’d argue you’d also want rid of Kolasinic/and the lesser of Holding/Chambers to be replaced by better quality-Kolasinics replacement could be a youngster so not too expensive but another big CB is needed imo.

You need a lot more depth up front and in midfield, however you know your youth better than me so if you think it’s good enough it may well be.

Ideally If I were you I’d aim to sell Lacca and buy a proper winger, allowing Auba to be your main 9

Kola isnt a bad backup but I wouldn't be opposed to replacing him, but it's probably not a cost.

It depends on how Holding does this season. If he gets form back up I dont mind him as a starting CB, with Saliba developing and Chambers 4th choice.

The youth is risky, but I think if we sign quality in the first XI, its not a big issue. We could do with another attacking player for depth, much like a Fraser or someone but it wouldn't cost much.

I think Laca or Auba will go soon, but Martinelli might step up. It's a risk but he looks very talented but also raw.

I guess it also depends a lot on what your aiming for, i guess to get back into the top 4 you realistically need to get ahead of United and catch Leicester up, you’d have to sign some really big players in your spare positions to do that imo, United will spend big, Leicester will likely lose 2/3 if they’re starting XI so it’s massively dependant on what they do I guess.

What’s a realistic(in your opinion) XI that you’d be aiming for then to get you top 4?

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

I think we will get the CB in Jan. Demiral, Upamecano, Pau Torres are most linked

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

For that team to get top 4 you’d need over 200 mill in those positions imo. Or you’d have to gamble on lesser players and hope they come good, I think that’s why I don’t see you getting top 4 next year, too much investment needed imo.

• arsenalap
    6023 posts Big Money Move

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

For that team to get top 4 you’d need over 200 mill in those positions imo. Or you’d have to gamble on lesser players and hope they come good, I think that’s why I don’t see you getting top 4 next year, too much investment needed imo.

Yh for those 3 players I imagine it will cost 150m. But like I said I think we have 90m of assets to sell so it not too bad.
  • El_Nino

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

Yh for those 3 players I imagine it will cost 150m. But like I said I think we have 90m of assets to sell so it not too bad.

I think your issue will be you’ll get a little less from sales than that and you’ll pay more than 150 to get real quality in those positions, particularly the number 10 is likely going to be near 100 in his own if you want someone you know will be a success
  • arsenalap

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

I think your issue will be you’ll get a little less from sales than that and you’ll pay more than 150 to get real quality in those positions, particularly the number 10 is likely going to be near 100 in his own if you want someone you know will be a success

Maybe but I think if your scouting is good enough theres no need to spend 100m on a number 10.

Theres so many number 10s across the world, and in a dream world I'd get Havertz in with Ozil backup for a year but that wont happen.

I think our business model now is largely to find players who can grow into being top players, bar Pepe who was expensive.

Torreira, Leno, Tierney, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Saliba were all brought in with potential in mind and they are all good players imo.
  • El_Nino

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

Maybe but I think if your scouting is good enough theres no need to spend 100m on a number 10.

Theres so many number 10s across the world, and in a dream world I'd get Havertz in with Ozil backup for a year but that wont happen.

I think our business model now is largely to find players who can grow into being top players, bar Pepe who was expensive.

Torreira, Leno, Tierney, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Saliba were all brought in with potential in mind and they are all good players imo.

I’d argue Tierney/Martenelli/Saliba are still completely unproven, while Torreria is looking closer to a flop than a success(might change that but RN) Leno has been good tbf, as has Guendouzi.

You could go for 3 50 mill options but I’d guess that leaves you regretting at least one if not two of them, ofc only time will tell in that regard.

You’ve mentioned a few CBs, who would you like to see brought in at 10 and CDM for a realistic amount?
  • arsenalap

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

I’d argue Tierney/Martenelli/Saliba are still completely unproven, while Torreria is looking closer to a flop than a success(might change that but RN) Leno has been good tbf, as has Guendouzi.

You could go for 3 50 mill options but I’d guess that leaves you regretting at least one if not two of them, ofc only time will tell in that regard.

You’ve mentioned a few CBs, who would you like to see brought in at 10 and CDM for a realistic amount?

I think Torreira is a really good player who if we sell we will make profit on. But him played out of position isnt helping and I question if he is suited to the prem. But in Italy he was really good and same for Uruguay.

CDM looks like it might be Zakaria. I want someone who is mobile and physical.

No idea on the 10. We recently are linked a lot with Renier, the young Brazilian. But no big links with an attacking mid. I think Aouar is class but not sure if he is exactly what we need.
  • El_Nino

Bellerin, New RB
    Tierney, Kolasinac

New DM, Torreira
    Guendouzi, Willock
    New AM, ESR

Leno
    New DM - Guendouzi
    New AM
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

DM might be Zakaria.

AM who knows.

I think Torreira is a really good player who if we sell we will make profit on. But him played out of position isnt helping and I question if he is suited to the prem. But in Italy he was really good and same for Uruguay.

CDM looks like it might be Zakaria. I want someone who is mobile and physical.

No idea on the 10. We recently are linked a lot with Renier, the young Brazilian. But no big links with an attacking mid. I think Aouar is class but not sure if he is exactly what we need.

You’d really be going down the youth route with those, i think that’s what I mean about that price range, those players could turn out to be fantastic, they could equally flop pretty hard.

I think Aouar is more a creative CM apposed to an out and out 10, Keita esque I think
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class
    "Tottenham Hotspur’s reported interest in Julian Nagelsmann has come “one year too late”, a source close to the RB Leipzig coach told The Athletic.

The 32-year-old was open to a move abroad during his final season at Hoffenheim (2018-19) but eventually decided to succeed Ralf Rangnick at Leipzig with a view of establishing the Red Bull-sponsored club as a Bundesliga heavyweight this summer. “This is not a short-term project to him,” the source added."

^You'd have to assume the same will hold for Arsenal so that's another potential manager out of the running.
  • WestardLord
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal. That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places." -Poch
  • El_Nino
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

It’s not a question of if you would, but if you could.
  • arsenalap
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

"I am never going to be manager of Barcelona or Arsenal. That is my decision - I prefer to work on my farm in Argentina than in some places." -Poch

Yh I don't think he would come.

Equally he just got sacked so I don't think his loyalty is as strong as when he made that quote.
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

Equally he just got sacked so I don't think his loyalty is as strong as when he made that quote.

I mean he included Barcelona having been sacked by Espanyol so I doubt it changes.
  • El_Nino
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

This is very true, I do wonder where he will go, be interesting if Bayern/United anyone else like yourself try to jump on him mid season, or if he waits till the summer
  • arsenalap
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

I mean he included Barcelona having been sacked by Espanyol so I doubt it changes.

Why was he sacked from Espanyol?
  • Delboy13710
    5235 posts Big Money Move
    I think he Ends up at PSG end of the season . He used to play there as well
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class
    I would scoop up Poch.

I dunno about ya'll.

Why was he sacked from Espanyol?

Per wikipedia, "On 26 November 2012, however, following a 0–2 home loss against Getafe CF that left the team in last place with just nine points from 13 matches and with the manager complaining about the financial restrictions being placed upon him, his contract was terminated by mutual consent at the end of that month."

^Sounds kind of similar tbh :joy:
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class
    I think he Ends up at PSG end of the season . He used to play there as well

Bayern will be in for him and PSG/United/Real if they sack their managers. He'll get a bigger job out of this for sure.
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class

Idk if he means Arsenal don't want Allegri or if he means they don't want him now.

Personally, he seems like the obvious choice for you.
  • tilen11
    5512 posts Big Money Move
    Jose Mourinho is the new Tottenham manager.
  • TakeItSlow
    7849 posts League Winner
    Poch pls, imagine the scenes :lol:

Also sad day, family dog of 16 years died :( no trolling pls :joy:
  • arsenalap

Sorry to hear! :( Odd choice of the joy emoji there!
  • El_Nino

Ah damn that’s awful. I know pets can really be a massive part of the family, hope everyone’s taken it as well as they can.

Planning to get another or too soon?
  • Ahmer50x
    19749 posts World Class
    @TakeItSlow sorry for your loss. Hope you and your family can find peace over this soon!
  • Apollo
    16145 posts World Class

Damn, that's awful, I'm really sorry to hear that :disappointed:
  • TakeItSlow
    7849 posts League Winner

Ah damn that’s awful. I know pets can really be a massive part of the family, hope everyone’s taken it as well as they can.

We planned ahead because we saw it coming and have had another one for about a month now. I don’t think the old one would’ve lasted as long if we didn’t have the pup to be fair!

Cheers guys! It’s actually crazy what a big part of the family they become.
  • SDoofus
    6033 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 21

We planned ahead because we saw it coming and have had another one for about a month now. I don’t think the old one would’ve lasted as long if we didn’t have the pup to be fair!

Cheers guys! It’s actually crazy what a big part of the family they become.

My Dad had a golden retriever, called Monty, who had to be put to sleep after around 11 or 12 years. This was a couple of years back now and it was done in the family home, very, very sad watching him go to sleep and saying goodbye after all these years. Dad literally laid on the floor, on his stomach, opposite Monty, looking into his eyes and holding his head as he drifted off, it was painful af to watch, but it was peaceful as it could possibly be.

He vowed to never get another dog, but within a couple of months, he got a golden retriever puppy and named it Marshall. A couple of months after that, he got another one and named it Dexter. For his birthday last year, I got this commissioned for him:

28616641_10155612610409865_5157046791807704762_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=GrzktgPzcEEAQnMAadcWAVTFT61VK72mmh-sikOK9qKA2KlPqPFUpE29g&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a5dfc87610f529ecb7558911e423571a&oe=5E88BE43

If you're interested, here are the 3 dogs:

Marshall and Dexter:

22180065_10155228080414865_6917609366957968059_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=Z69apa1HM6MAQn1VEjK3xDMgL_Y_j3e10hGC8P8jbRg1VEOMdjgq5f2lA&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=ae6481df2f3668ad87807b91c24ed152&oe=5E8C5C8E

Monty (RIP):

55742_456969279864_2561516_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=1Vjjci-Rz7UAQnK5kwnrs_AyAZ7Kxu3fSYgvTwnhftqMFCiHBx1gQ5hdg&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=0beae98d22780dd4392ca66dff30ccff&oe=5E44486C

Anyway, long story short, I know the feels, bro.
  • arsenalap
    Damn I love dogs, making me jealous.

I was within a day of getting a puppy. Literally went to a litter and put a deposit on one. Bought all of my toys and cage etc and set it up. Found a vet etc etc and then the day before I had to rethink because long term it wouldn't work properly, and despite trying to convince myself it would I didnt want to do that to the dog.
  • SDoofus
    6033 posts Big Money Move
    Damn I love dogs, making me jealous.

I was within a day of getting a puppy. Literally went to a litter and put a deposit on one. Bought all of my toys and cage etc and set it up. Found a vet etc etc and then the day before I had to rethink because long term it wouldn't work properly, and despite trying to convince myself it would I didnt want to do that to the dog.

My Fiance and I have always wanted a dog, but like you, it wouldn't really work as we both work full time. We have to make do with our cat, Copper :D

uxfiQ5J.jpg