Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Could have went to Barcelona, yet literally the post prior to that, you put a tweet saying Barca didn't offer him a contract.

:joy:
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    Could have went to Barcelona, yet literally the post prior to that, you put a tweet saying Barca didn't offer him a contract.

The post says they're very upset about not offering him a contract, actually, keep it up.
  • El_Nino
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Don’t worry they’ll all correct they’re mistake soon enough, and as @Doofus pointed out, Martenelli was stuck with you, Barca didn’t offer him anything, as you actually pointed out 😂
  • tilen11
    edited November 15

The post says they're very upset about not offering him a contract, actually, keep it up.

They are upset now. They werent upset before. At the time they apparently thought he wasnt good enough.
  • Ahmer50x
    19940 posts Club Captain
    Martinelli had a trial at United and didn’t get offered a contract either. Whether United and Barca were right or Arsenal remains to be seen.
  • Pxul_
    8232 posts League Winner
    Tbf the kids doing great in the EL
  • G000ner
    4412 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Martinelli had a trial at United and didn’t get offered a contract either. Whether United and Barca were right or Arsenal remains to be seen

It doesn't though. We bought him for 6million and his value is already far greater than that. Even if he wasn't to progress from now (which would be ridiculous considering his age and the facilities we have), we'd still make a profit.
  • Ahmer50x
    19940 posts Club Captain
    G000ner wrote: »
    Martinelli had a trial at United and didn’t get offered a contract either. Whether United and Barca were right or Arsenal remains to be seen

It doesn't though. We bought him for 6million and his value is already far greater than that. Even if he wasn't to progress from now (which would be ridiculous considering his age and the facilities we have), we'd still make a profit.

Big clubs like United and Barca buy players to win things, not make a few quid.
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    @El_Nino do you ever have your own opinions? All you seem to do is follow a handful of people on this forum and copy what they do and say :lol:
  • arsenalap
    6091 posts Big Money Move

Hows that going for you? :*
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »

:lol::lol:

Its definitely worked for United over the past 7 years where they've finished above Arsenal what is it, once? Twice? Oof.
  • El_Nino
    edited November 15
    @El_Nino do you ever have your own opinions? All you seem to do is follow a handful of people on this forum and copy what they do and say :lol:

I got a massive 6 likes thank you, I’m a trend setter, I’m an influencer. Brb off to sell crap on Twitter.

And if you want an Opinion? Martenelli is getting overhyped like every potential half decent Arsenal player, long way to go to see if he’s actually decent or not
  • arsenalap
    El_Nino wrote: »

I got a massive 6 likes thank you, I’m a trend setter, I’m an influencer. Brb off to sell crap on Twitter.

And if you want an Opinion? Martenelli is getting overhyped like every potential half decent Arsenal player, long way to go to see if he’s actually decent or not

Meh, I can accept that opinion for Willock, Saka, Nelson etc as they still look quite inconsistent.

But Martinelli very much looks a huge talent. Theres a reason Klopp called him a generational talent and Barca are now angry at not signing him. Long way to go obviously but he has so much raw ability, and the mentality to suit.

Him, Saliba and Guendouzi really look top talents imo.
  • Pietu
    3385 posts National Call-Up

Every young player gets overhyped, that includes CHO
  • Pxul_
    8232 posts League Winner

I got a massive 6 likes thank you, I’m a trend setter, I’m an influencer. Brb off to sell crap on Twitter

😂😂😂

It’s 7 now ;)
  • G000ner
    4412 posts National Call-Up

Win no trophies, but have one of the biggest talents in football in our hands, or pass on the opportunity of a generational talent and still win no trophies. I know which I'd prefer.
  • El_Nino
    edited November 15

Meh, I can accept that opinion for Willock, Saka, Nelson etc as they still look quite inconsistent.

But Martinelli very much looks a huge talent. Theres a reason Klopp called him a generational talent and Barca are now angry at not signing him. Long way to go obviously but he has so much raw ability, and the mentality to suit.

Him, Saliba and Guendouzi really look top talents imo.

Tbf I’m not disagreeing he’s got bags of potential, but for him to be called him a generational talent at this stage is abit silly, I wouldn’t refer to CHO like that either.

My point is he’s just unproven at this stage, give him a couple of years and some serious games and those comments can be made, Guendouzi tbf is more along those lines, he’s looking great
  • Ahmer50x
    19940 posts Club Captain

United since 2013: FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League, CL qualification 3 times in 6 seasons
    Arsenal since 2013: 3 FA Cups, CL qualification 3 times in 6 seasons

Not going great but going just about as well as things have for you.
  • arsenalap

United since 2013: FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League, CL qualification 3 times in 6 seasons

I knew you reply with a comparison to us ha. But you were making out you are a big club winning trophies and we are not.

We are the same..
  • Ahmer50x
    19940 posts Club Captain

I knew you reply with a comparison to us ha. But you were making out you are a big club winning trophies and we are not.

We are the same..

Over the past six years, yes.

But now Ole's at the wheel and that's starting to change. Key example being United spending 80m on a top class defender who has improved our defensive record massively while Arsenal spent 72m on Gervinho's btec cousin
  • arsenalap

We are the same..

But now Ole's at the wheel and that's starting to change. Key example being United spending 80m on a top class defender who has improved our defensive record massively while Arsenal spent 72m on Gervinho's btec cousin

Funny 2 weeks ago most of you wanted off the wheel. Granted you werent one of them, but shows how quickly things change.

Your comparison doesnt work either. If you used Martinelli then maybe it would have but you used a huge signing.

Everyone in our side looks btec atm..
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    Now Ole's at the wheel with 16 points in 12 games :lol:
  • arsenalap
    Watching Xhaka for Switzerland and hes running the game.

He always does when I watch Switzerland. He players further forward rather than the deepest midfielder.

Torreira - Xhaka as a pivot worked well last season at times.
  • ViVaWhom
    8291 posts League Winner
    whens the last time arsenal played a CL knockout round
  • Ashy
    10018 posts Has That Special Something
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Google is your friend pal
  • tilen11

15/16.. they lost both legs against Barcelona in the round of 16
  • arsenalap
    tilen11 wrote: »

15/16.. they lost both legs against Barcelona in the round of 16

Good times
  • tilen11
    edited November 16

He always does when I watch Switzerland. He players further forward rather than the deepest midfielder.

It wont work this season unfortunalety. Cant see Xhaka playing until he does what Emery told him (apologize) and I believe he just wont do it. Probably relationship between the 2 is at the lowest possible point and he will leave in January.
  • arsenalap
    tilen11 wrote: »

It wont work this season unfortunalety. Cant see Xhaka playing until he does what Emery told him (apologize) and I believe he just wont do it. Probably relationship between the 2 is at the lowest possible point and he will leave in January.

I don't think he will play dont get me wrong, just saying it worked well.
  • Welbeck
    5188 posts Big Money Move

We are the same..

:lol: