Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5568 posts Big Money Move
    G000ner wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Pepe was our best player today, Ceballos is usually one of our better performers. Look at the team they're playing in, how we're setting up. Only a moron would put the blame on them

The bar must be incredibly low if your best player is the one who bottled the chance to get at least a point.

If, say, Salah had a blinding game in terms of dribbling, movement, etc, but missed a sitter and we dropped points because of it, no one would praise him, imo. I certainly wouldn’t.

The bar is low, which is why it's unfair to judge them when the rest of the team is performing so poorly. Shows there's a problem with the system, which is only hampering Ceballos and Pepe.

The team isn’t to blame for that missed sitter. You’d be a least one point better off if he finished that.
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    Pepe was our best player today, Ceballos is usually one of our better performers. Look at the team they're playing in, how we're setting up. Only a moron would put the blame on them

The bar must be incredibly low if your best player is the one who bottled the chance to get at least a point.

If, say, Salah had a blinding game in terms of dribbling, movement, etc, but missed a sitter and we dropped points because of it, no one would praise him, imo. I certainly wouldn’t.

The bar is low, which is why it's unfair to judge them when the rest of the team is performing so poorly. Shows there's a problem with the system, which is only hampering Ceballos and Pepe.

The team isn’t to blame for that missed sitter. You’d be a least one point better off if he finished that.

Pepe is the one that started that move in the first place. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have even created that chance
  • SDoofus

Pepe is the one that started that move in the first place. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have even created that chance

Means nothing if he doesn’t score it. He couldn’t even get it on target, ffs.
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class

Was it really this simple? :joy:
  • SDoofus
    edited October 21
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Have you not seen it? It was a really basic tap in. Failing that, he could have left it for Auba to tap it in. A massive **** up.

https://streamable.com/yysth

Edit: Auba probably wouldn’t have got it actually. But yeah. So bad.
  • SDoofus
    At this point, he shouldn’t even be compared to Gervinho.

He’s the Ivorian Yannick Bolasie.
  • Retro_G
    29649 posts Player of the Year

Have you not seen it? It was a really basic tap in. Failing that, he could have left it for Auba to tap it in. A massive **** up.

https://streamable.com/yysth

Edit: Auba probably wouldn’t have got it actually. But yeah. So bad.

:joy: Pmsl, that was shocking.
  • Retro_G
    29649 posts Player of the Year
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Building on that, we spent 70m net this year.

My prediction above was 30m net this year coming.

Year after potentially Luiz/Auba out for 50m. RB and LW in for 100m, with another 50m net spend.

So really our net spend is quite close to that magical 45m number thrown around last summer.

A lot can change obviously, but were doing quite well in the market imo.

I don't believe you can say spending 75m on player with worse numbers than a 15m championship winger is "doing quite well in the market." You've the biggest potential flop in premier league history on your hands.

Didn't you sign Falcao :joy:

Falcao didn't cost 75 million. :joy:
  • El_Nino
    3513 posts National Call-Up
    100% Pepe was just unlucky.
  • arsenalap
    5638 posts Big Money Move
    All the WUMs out tonight..

Pepe has had some bad games, but today definently wasnt one of them. The most progressive player by far on our side. Shame nobody else had any inventiveness.

Seems to be just a desperation from other fans to see him fail, quite sad really.
  • Welbeck
    5176 posts Big Money Move
    Welbeck wrote: »
    Emery has to go at this point, players have no clue or belief in his ‘process’.

Ceballos is a dud too ngl

But he isnt an attacking mid. Throwing him on to do that job just doesnt work.

not just digging out Ceballos but what is he then? he’s not good in or around either box so hes hardly an 8, and he’s not great at switching the play to be a deep playmaker. From what I’ve seen his only attribute seems to be hes quite a handy dribbler but thats it?
  • BLUESBOY345
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero

Not to defend it, as it’s still a bad miss lmao but as a player myself it’s much harder when the ball comes in on the volley like that. It ball wasn’t rolling on the grass for him in all fairness but it was in the air
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    All the WUMs out tonight..

Pepe has had some bad games, but today definently wasnt one of them. The most progressive player by far on our side. Shame nobody else had any inventiveness.

Seems to be just a desperation from other fans to see him fail, quite sad really.

He’s failing by himself m8
  • Ashy
    9886 posts League Winner
    May be controversial but I'd be interested in seeing this team at some point...

Leno
    Bellerin - Chambers - Holding - Tierney
    Guendouzi - David Luiz
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 22
    Ashy wrote: »

Leno
    Guendouzi - David Luiz
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

You’re just asking for trouble with those two.

Chambers next to holding isn’t the best of ideas.

David Luiz starting isn’t the best of ideas either.

• arsenalap

Leno
    Guendouzi - David Luiz
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

I would swap Chambers and Luiz.
  • Gervonta

Leno
    Guendouzi - David Luiz
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

For Torreira and Sokratis.

• arsenalap
    Gervonta wrote: »

Leno
    Guendouzi - David Luiz
    Pepe - Ozil - Aubameyang
    Lacazette

For Torreira and Sokratis.

I think Sokratis has been worse than Luiz this year.

Tbh, it was a poor corner but bar that our defence has done alright the past few games.

The issue is the balance in midfield and attack from full backs.
  • Kellnerr
    2711 posts Fans' Favourite
    Luiz in midfield isn't even that bad, especially if it meant that Xhaka is dropped
  • Gervonta
    @TakeItSlow done a disappearing act.

Him and finsfan probably drowning their sorrows into a bottle of whiskey together.
  • sturges12345
    3079 posts National Call-Up
    Emery has to go at this point, players have no clue or belief in his ‘process’.

Ceballos is a dud too ngl

But he isnt an attacking mid. Throwing him on to do that job just doesnt work.

not just digging out Ceballos but what is he then? he’s not good in or around either box so hes hardly an 8, and he’s not great at switching the play to be a deep playmaker. From what I’ve seen his only attribute seems to be hes quite a handy dribbler but thats it?

As I said ceballos is a nothing player. He doesn’t actually do anything. A worse version of Kovacic
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class
  • sturges12345
    3079 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 22
    Player A puts in 5 years of good quality service to a team and has one bad season.
    Player B plays one good game and plays 8 average to poor matches.

Which one is loved more by the fans? (2 marks)
  • Fab
    18059 posts World Class
    its player b obviously what a dumb question
  • Welbeck
    5176 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I want to see how the main side does with Bellerin and Tierney before making any proper judgments. Kola was ok today but he could've done so much more with the amount of ball he had.

Thought Kolasinac was awful tbh. Defensively a liability, absolutely no end product as always. Callum Chambers the makeshift right back once again outperforming him in both areas.

We're so far away from playing well atm, that I dont think one of two players will make much difference at all.

I think if anyone will it's the full backs. That's how Emery likes to play.

I can only imagine we are really managing the injuries to make sure they dont get injured for a long spell again.

Kola is so annoying. No good crosses at all bar one.
    the reality is that isn’t good enough regardless. Our team isn’t nailed on top 4 quality but its good enough elsewhere to create chances outside of the fullbacks, yet we make about 2 half decent chances a game and would be significantly lower than we are if we didn’t have the best striker in the league at the moment.

Emery has had nearly 18 months with this squad now and the only pattern I can see to his ‘style’ is loading up on this fullback creation, which makes it a bit stale and predictable. Not to mention this is the reason we look so vulnerable when our two DMs have to split to cover the fullback positions meaning theres acres of space in the middle when we invariably lose the ball.

Emery seems as clueless as ever and the players clearly have no belief in whatever it is he’s trying to make them do, I see his position as pretty untenable and even if he does get top 4 I’d be fuming if we extended his contract. He’s overseen a bit of a transformation in our squad and steadied the ship but now we’re wasting a half decent squad with a moron as a manager.

• Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    Cheers for the three points last night, something about Frenchmen against Arsenal under the lights at Bramall Lane.
  • ChrisLFC
    7118 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow done a disappearing act.

He posted right after the game tbf
  • Fab
    18059 posts World Class
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    TakeItSlow done a disappearing act.

He posted right after the game tbf

That is absolutely unacceptable behaviour from him. He should be entertaining these trolls that still take his delusional comments seriously.
  • TakeItSlow
    7492 posts League Winner
    @TakeItSlow done a disappearing act.

Nah, unlike some I actually have a life. Besides just posting constantly on a forum, sorry bro.