Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner
    That was part of the old regime, they’re gone now. CB’s under this new regime so far are Luiz and Saliba. One astute signing one seemingly gargantuan signing.

They also want Upamecano. They want a CB of the very highest calibre, £50M+. Won’t settle for anything less in that price bracket.
  • ViVaWhom
    8233 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    thats not really a clear difference...

10% because of 1 player is pretty high.. especially as the sample size is quite big.

i mean not when highest point is just 56%
  • arsenalap
    5624 posts Big Money Move
    U21s playing a big game today.

Willock and Eddie will likely start.
  • TakeItSlow
    7483 posts League Winner

10% because of 1 player is pretty high.. especially as the sample size is quite big.

Just? We win in over half the games he plays in, our win % with him is more than Uniteds win % in the league last season. Unless you’re going for the title no team is going to win 60+ % of their games.
  • arsenalap
    One thing in Emerys credit is we have become much better at defending set pieces.

I think we are one of the best in the league now, dont concede many from them.
  • arsenalap
    edited October 15
    Nketiah scores in every game I swear..

Just scored again :D He is credited for 2 goals today but really its 1 and a slight touch
  • ViVaWhom
    8233 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Just? We win in over half the games he plays in, our win % with him is more than Uniteds win % in the league last season. Unless you’re going for the title no team is going to win 60+ % of their games.

but that percentage isnt over 1 season...

also you won 45% without him...

so you win alittle above half your games with him, and you win alittle less than half your games without him.... not world shattering difference
  • arsenalap

so you win alittle above half your games with him, and you win alittle less than half your games without him.... not world shattering difference

Again.. 10% is a huge difference. I'm not sure what you're even getting at here?

For top tier clubs, a 10% difference is massive..

It's potentially 11 to 12 points a season which is the difference between CL qualification and not..
  • sturges12345
    3079 posts National Call-Up
    Wouldn’t be surprised if the win percentage is worse because a) they are more likely to be away games in which lacazette in ineffectual so wouldn’t have made a difference
  • ViVaWhom
    8233 posts League Winner
    edited October 15

Again.. 10% is a huge difference. I'm not sure what you're even getting at here?

It's potentially 11 to 12 points a season which is the difference between CL qualification and not..

but you dont get detail in those stats, so you have to give some leeway since the games he didnt play could have been city away... how many was home games... etc

thats why unless there is a clear difference it doesnt say much, 10% is not clear difference

11 or 12 points over what... 3 seasons? is nothing really

• arsenalap

but you dont get detail in those stats, so you have to give some leeway since the games he didnt play could have been city away... how many was home games... etc

thats why unless there is a clear difference it doesnt say much, 10% is not clear difference

11 or 12 points over what... 3 seasons? is nothing really

Yh the context is fair enough I dont know the exact details.

No mate I'm saying its 11 or 12 points per season if you take those percentages over a season.

I think we are a much better side with Laca in the team, which hopefully will be soon..
  • arsenalap
    Eddie Hatrick for the U21s..

Machine
  • Ashy
    9883 posts League Winner
    Eddie Hatrick for the U21s..

Machine

How does he not start for Leeds
  • arsenalap
    Comes down to pressing ability I think.

But Leeds need goals and he is a goalscorer so I'd hope they make that change soon.

I dont know Eddie's top level tbh. I love him as a player but not sure if he is missing something.

Very similar path to Tammy tbh, let's see if he follows suit.

I would have backed him for top scorer in the champ if he played all games tbh.
  • Kellnerr
    2705 posts Fans' Favourite
    Since he's been mentioned in here a couple of times - Upamecano is highly unlikely to sign a new contract at Leipzig and they don't want to lose him on a free in 2021. Has a release clause for 60M next summer and they might even consider a lower price.
  • Pughy30
    26258 posts Player of the Year
    Saliba with another quality performance today for Saint-Etienne
  • arsenalap
    Didnt watch but I've seen the result.
  • arsenalap
    **** Monday games
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    **** Monday games

I've just checked and we've got a lot of Saturday games in November and December. It will get better. We've got a lot of tough fixtures in December so the Christmas period is exciting
  • Ashy
    9883 posts League Winner
    But he is only 18 and a overhyped Varane/VVD regen...
  • arsenalap
    edited October 20
    Very impressive. Has a long way to go, but ahead of his age.

I don't see us doing much business in the next year.

In:

Upamacano (This one really does look like it has legs)
    Ceballos or similar
    Young 3rd choice keeper
    Saliba
    Nketiah

£95m

Out:

Sokratis
    Mustafi
    Elneny
    Mhky
    Ozil
    Smith-Rowe (Loan - Probably to Leipzig)

£65m

Potentially swapping Torreira for another DM like Partey also for a low net spend.
  • arsenalap
    Leno
    Bellerin - Upamacano - Holding - Tierney
    Guendouzi - Xhaka - Ceballos
    Pepe - Laca - Auba

Martinez
    Chambers - Saliba - Luiz - Kolasinic
    Maitland-Niles - Torreira - Willock
    Nelson - Nketiah - Martinelli/Saka

Bold are all 23 or under. Future is bright there. Wouldn't be opposed to replacing Torreira with someone similar to Xhaka but better, although I do like Torreira.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Didn’t cellabos come out and say he wants to succeed at Madrid ? Dont see you getting him permanently. Madrid’s midfield is getting on now so I can’t see them sanctioning a sale.
  • arsenalap
    edited October 20
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Didn’t cellabos come out and say he wants to succeed at Madrid ? Dont see you getting him permanently. Madrid’s midfield is getting on now so I can’t see them sanctioning a sale.

Too many different reports. New ones came out a couple days ago saying he has already asked Perez for a full transfer to Arsenal.

I sort of agree but they have Isco, Valverde, Casemiro, Kroos even if Modric goes.

Then Odegaard back, and probably a big signing or two.

He is quite similar to Isco tbh, but with a bit less talent. He will see how Isco has gone and hopefully choose to move.
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    Gervonta wrote: »

He said shortly before how much he was enjoying life here and how he'd be open to staying. A couple of days later he came out with that statement that he wants to succeed at Madrid. Probably just his agent telling him to keep his options open. I'd say it's more likely that we get him permanently than we don't, but we'll see
  • arsenalap
    Building on that, we spent 70m net this year.

My prediction above was 30m net this year coming.

Year after potentially Luiz/Auba out for 50m. RB and LW in for 100m, with another 50m net spend.

So really our net spend is quite close to that magical 45m number thrown around last summer.

A lot can change obviously, but were doing quite well in the market imo.
  • Retro_G
    29628 posts Player of the Year
    Have a feeling you lot are getting slapped tomorrow night.
  • Ahmer50x
    18976 posts World Class
    I don't think they'll get slapped but I think they're dropping pts too
  • arsenalap
    Yep will be a tough one for us, not easy watching I imagine. Hope Tierney starts and Ozil and Laca are in the squad.