Saka has destroyed them
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class
    Well, you just won away to a top 10 bundesliga side so there's that
  • arsenalap
    5638 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 19
    Shoutout to everyone bar the fullbacks.

Solid midfield and Mustafi and Luiz did well. Martinez and Saka/Auba class.

Full backs exposed once more though
  • Kman
    2944 posts Fans' Favourite
    My god Frankfurt look awful what a terrible team
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4346 posts National Call-Up
    Saka <3
  • Tropicaz XBL
    arsenalap wrote: »

Solid midfield and Mustafi and Luiz did well.

Martinez looks really good too
  • arsenalap

Solid midfield and Mustafi and Luiz did well.

Martinez looks really good too

Yh I edited to include ha
  • Kman

Frankfurts finishing was beyond abysmal yet your defence still was under siege for 85+ mins.

• arsenalap
    Kman wrote: »

Frankfurts finishing was beyond abysmal yet your defence still was under siege for 85+ mins.

Yes.. and as I mentioned the full backs were poor which is where a lot of those chances came from.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    2 actual wingers in a 4231 and we look dangerous going forward. Count me shocked.

Saka looks 20x better than Nelson
  • Kman

Yes.. and as I mentioned the full backs were poor which is where a lot of those chances came from.

Yeah but you can’t say Luiz and Mustafi did well..
  • WestardLord
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Second Half FC for sure.

We got so damn lucky in this game, I couldn't believe it.

Best players for me:

1. Martínez
    2. Saka
    3. Willock
    4. Auba
    5. ESR

Youngsters were very promising, but clearly showed their youth and inability to keep the ball. Glad Auba score finally but he was mostly a misfire.

Saka was such a bright spark. Goal and an assist. Kinda hope he gets some time over Nelson in the league.

Martínez was literally the only thing stopping this game from ending 3-3 or even a bigger loss. They should have put in at least 3 past us. But a great goalkeeper is backed up by great defenders, and we didn't have that. We have giant holes between midfield and the keeper. Unfortunately those holes have names and get paid a salary.
  • Kman
    Players like Saka and Willock look high quality already
  • arsenalap
    edited September 19

I can because they were solid. No real mistakes, got many blocks in, many aerial duels, tackles.

The reason why they were creating so many chances was mostly the full backs giving them too much spare to put in balls in the box and drive at the defence.

I thought Smith Rowe was poor and offered no protection but he has just come back so no problems with that.

Cant wait for Bellerin and Tierney..

• Kman

I can because they were solid. No real mistakes, got many blocks in, many aerial duels.

The reason why they were creating so many chances was mostly the full backs giving them too much spare to put in balls in the box and drive at the defence.

I thought Smith Rowe was poor and offered no protection but he has just come back so no problems with that.

They weren’t solid though Frankfurt were just wasteful..
  • arsenalap

I can because they were solid. No real mistakes, got many blocks in, many aerial duels.

They weren’t solid though Frankfurt were just wasteful..

Maybe my standards have been skewed by recent performances.

I know what you're staying dont get me wrong, but I dont think they played badly. The issues lies with both the systems and our fullbacks. Until that changes teams will keep creating chances vs us. If a team has 20 odd chances then it's obvious they'll get some good ones. The fact that Martinez didnt have to make too many saves, to me shows they did okay.

Martinez was so good at collecting crosses, that helped a lot too. And his kicking was good.
  • Kman
    Martinez looked very safe I agree, good back up.
  • Welbeck
    5176 posts Big Money Move
    Agree Mustafi and Luiz looked solid, do think that much of the calamitous defending of recent games has far more of a root in the system/cover from midfield than it does actual players. When they're exposed more they're naturally going to make more mistakes through last ditch defensive actions.
  • Pughy30
    26259 posts Player of the Year
    The score line 100% flattered us on another day Frankfurt would’ve definitely scored a few
  • G000ner
    4324 posts National Call-Up
    Love Martinez. Always done well whenever he's played for us recently. Wigan fans loved him last year too. Nice to have someone from the academy as the no.2.

Could even challenge Leno's place if he does well in the Europa

• G000ner
    edited September 20
    Bellerin and Tierney both played for the u23s tonight. Bellerin looked in better shape than Tierney
  • Tornado31619
    17314 posts World Class
    That’s not a good sign. Happy for Bellerin, obviously, but wasn’t Tierney only injured just before the season started? Or is my memory playing up?
  • arsenalap
    That’s not a good sign. Happy for Bellerin, obviously, but wasn’t Tierney only injured just before the season started? Or is my memory playing up?

Hes been injured for a while. 3 to 4 months.
  • G000ner
    Tierney is probably slightly behind Bellerin in terms of fitness. We're just taking it slower with Hector because of how long he's been out. Both looked good though, Tierney was just tired after 60
  • El_Nino
    3513 posts National Call-Up
    Watched the game, not sure I agree with the praise of Mustafi/Luiz, they weren’t horrendous but they weren’t good either. Just okay, and fortunate the opposition were awful.

Your youngsters and mid/Attack on the other hand, fair play, they all looked really good.
  • Retro_G
    29649 posts Player of the Year
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Watched the game, not sure I agree with the praise of Mustafi/Luiz, they weren’t horrendous but they weren’t good either. Just okay, and fortunate the opposition were awful.

Your youngsters and mid/Attack on the other hand, fair play, they all looked really good.

Trash team, Frankfurt are ranked lower than Astana, two of their goals came against ten men. Arsenal still have a weak mentality away from home in the Prem, you've got to start looking at the manager. Anything less than top 4, considering Arsenal have a better team on paper than United, Chelsea would be a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if Emery is gone by Christmas.
  • TakeItSlow
    7492 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

Trash team, Frankfurt are ranked lower than Astana, two of their goals came against ten men. Arsenal still have a weak mentality away from home in the Prem, you've got to start looking at the manager. Anything less than top 4, considering Arsenal have a better team on paper than United, Chelsea would be a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if Emery is gone by Christmas.

Look who’s back :joy: