Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• arsenalap
    6046 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?
    Leno
    Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis/Luiz - Tierney

biggest doubt may be Bellerin but Holding and Tierney should be fine

We need Torreira to play in the base of a 433 flanked by Ceballos and Xhaka.

Ozil did well in fairness.

Surely should be Guendouzi and Ceballos?

Yes but I'm a realist and Xhaka wont be dropped.

In fairness Xhaka did well today.
  • G000ner
    4401 posts National Call-Up
    Leno

Agreed. I'm not sure if he'll start Holding straight away even if he is fit though. We all know he's out best centre back, but I'm not sure it's so obvious to Emery. Tierney isn't recovering from such a long term injury like Bellerin, so should be OK.
  • arsenalap
    Also say whatever you want about David Luiz, he had a good game today.

Pen was daft, but he was very solid.

AMN and Kola in the 2nd half were a big problem.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Leno

We need Torreira to play in the base of a 433 flanked by Ceballos and Xhaka.

Ozil did well in fairness.

Surely should be Guendouzi and Ceballos?

Yes but I'm a realist and Xhaka wont be dropped.

In fairness Xhaka did well today.

Hope Xhaka gets dropped always seems to perform against us. This game will definitely come down to how we combat and set up the midfield. This game screams Herrera.
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class

I'm sorry but you can't make a fatal mistake that costs your side points and be said to have a good game.
  • Ashy
    9975 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    Guendouzi over Xhaka all day long
    Ceballos over Ozil unless we go with a 4-2-3-1
    I'd consider playing Ceballos LW/LM like he did for Spain

Leno
    Bellerin - Sokratis - Holding - Tierney
    Torreira - Guendouzi
    Pepe - Ozil - Ceballos
    Aubameyang
  • G000ner

He made less mistakes than the rest but difficult to say he was solid when he have away that pen, even if he was left exposed by the midfield. He was our best defender today, though. He's not the weak link in our defence like most people think
  • arsenalap

I'm sorry but you can't make a fatal mistake that costs your side points and be said to have a good game.

See when he pulled back Salahs shirt and gave away the pen, to me that ruins his game, no matter what he does from then it was idiotic.

But, this pen today was silly but I dont think it was all his fault. He literally almost had to shove Kola to cover the man on the overlap which to me slowed down his reaction for the tackle. It was a bad challenge and he should have left it, but he was basically holding together our defence before that, cant blame him for being tired.

He was composed on the ball, so many headers, and had very good positioning throughout.
  • G000ner
    Thing is we've actually ended up with a point away from home in a relatively difficult away fixture. Considering how much better we are at home, it's not the end of the world. Only positive that can be taken from it
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    G000ner wrote: »
    Thing is we've actually ended up with a point away from home in a relatively difficult away fixture. Considering how much better we are at home, it's not the end of the world. Only positive that can be taken from it

Mate, I'm not having that.

You went on the road to the BOTTOM side and didn't win. Not only that, you were largely outplayed. It's an abysmal result.
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    Understat's methodology has it almost at 3-1

They got a lucky point
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class
    Nelson with higher xG than Pepe today :joy:
  • SDoofus
    6057 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Is that the number of take ons Pepe completed?
  • Apollo
    16189 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    That's a ballsy move holding up a 2-1 sign when there's still 25 minutes to go :#

That's why you don't pull **** like that with 25 minutes to go :joy:
  • TakeItSlow
    7864 posts League Winner

As soon as he did that I was thinking yeah Watford will score now :joy:
  • arsenalap
    That's a ballsy move holding up a 2-1 sign when there's still 25 minutes to go :#

That's why you don't pull **** like that with 25 minutes to go :joy:

Yh as soon as he did it I thought he was an idiot.
  • G000ner

You went on the road to the BOTTOM side and didn't win. Not only that, you were largely outplayed. It's an abysmal result.

The fact that we got outplayed and still got a point is what makes it positive. we didn't deserve anything and still walked away with something. Plus, Watford got a new manager in, so this was always gonna be tougher than it would've been had that not been the case. Watford will probably give a lot of the top 6 trouble at home, so it's not a bad result when you look at the bigger picture
  • TakeItSlow
    7864 posts League Winner
    edited September 15

The fact that we got outplayed and still got a point is what makes it positive. we didn't deserve anything and still walked away with something. Plus, Watford got a new manager in, so this was always gonna be tougher than it would've been had that not been the case. Watford will probably give a lot of the top 6 trouble at home, so it's not a bad result when you look at the bigger picture

There is absolutely no positives to take from that game, the fact you're mentioning the word positive is positively moronic.

Its a hideous result considering we were 2-0 up. Nobody really knows what they're doing, lets be honest.
  • G000ner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

There is absolutely no positives to take from that game, the fact you're mentioning the word positive is positively moronic.

Its a hideous result considering we were 2-0 up. Nobody really knows what they're doing, lets be honest.

We should've lost that game and we didn't. That's why it's a positive
  • TakeItSlow
    7864 posts League Winner

:joy:

Awful mentality.
  • G000ner

Awful mentality.

So you would've preferred we lose?
  • Ahmer50x
    19841 posts World Class

I can see what you're getting at but its like getting knifed and saying "well, atleast I wasn't shot"
  • Ashy
    9975 posts Has That Special Something
    Our first bad result of the season 2-2 away to Watford from 2-0 up.

Chelsea were 2-0 up against Sheffield Utd at home and drew 2-2.
    Man Utd lost to Palace at home and drew away to Southampton.
    Spurs lost to Newcastle at home.
    Man City lost 3-2 to Norwich.
  • TakeItSlow
    7864 posts League Winner

Awful mentality.

So you would've preferred we lose?

We were 2-0 up man come on.
  • G000ner

I can see what you're getting at but its like getting knifed and saying "well, atleast I wasn't shot"

That's exactly what I'm saying. It's not like a huge positive. But I'm saying it could've been worse.
  • arsenalap
    edited September 15
    I want:

Leno
    Sokratis - Luiz - Holding
    AMN - Ceballos - Xhaka - Kolasinic
    Ozil
    Pepe - Auba

For Villa at home.

Our full backs are wing backs, costing us points. Eases Holding back in too.
  • TakeItSlow
    7864 posts League Winner
    I want:

Leno
    Sokratis - Luiz - Holding
    AMN - Ceballos - Xhaka - Kolasinic
    Ozil
    Pepe - Auba

For Villa at home.

Our full backs are wing backs, costing us points. Eases Holding back in too.

Wouldn't be against this, would work a lot better with the current full backs.