Arsenal Football Club

Comments

  • Pughy30
    26372 posts Player of the Year
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    I don't blame Emery because even Simeone or Mourinho would struggle to keep clean sheets with those **** donkeys in defence

    Just to clarify when Bellerin and Tierney are back he would've signed 4 out of 5 of those defenders.

    Tierney and Bellerin aren't CB's, It's obvious Emery will want new CB's but he can only work with what he's got if they haven't got the funds for him to spend
  • Pughy30
    26372 posts Player of the Year
    WryLucky wrote: »
    Imagine hoping for Holding to save you.

    I think only idiots who support the club think he'll make a massive difference. He's not as clumsy as Luiz but he's another CB who could easily get replaced at the club
  • arsenalap
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    As I've said many times, Nelson is not ready.

    Hes a boy amongst men atm.

    Need a winger in Jan.

    I wont judge our defense till its fit, but playing out the back needs to stop.
  • TakeItSlow
    7939 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    I don't blame Emery because even Simeone or Mourinho would struggle to keep clean sheets with those **** donkeys in defence

    Just to clarify when Bellerin and Tierney are back he would've signed 4 out of 5 of those defenders.

    Tierney and Bellerin aren't CB's, It's obvious Emery will want new CB's but he can only work with what he's got if they haven't got the funds for him to spend

    Emery signed the two CB's that started today and we spent 140m in the summer :joy: he has the funds. We tried to sign Upamecano for 60m... obviously waiting for the right CB but meh.
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Imagine putting on a bravado the entire international break, only to see your team humbled by Watford.

    Do you feel better now? Run along kid.

    Classic, give it but can't take it.

    I mean I take a hell of a lot more than I give from EVERYONE, you should see these clowns in my DM's.
  • G000ner
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    As I've said many times, Nelson is not ready.

    Hes a boy amongst men atm.

    Need a winger in Jan.

    I wont judge our defense till its fit, but playing out the back needs to stop.

    Interesting, I thought he played okay when he came on. Helped out defensively and made a couple of nice dribbles. He was better than any of our other attackers when he came on. He had to come on when the team was getting battered- not much he could do.
  • arsenalap wrote: »
    As I've said many times, Nelson is not ready.

    Hes a boy amongst men atm.

    Need a winger in Jan.

    I wont judge our defense till its fit, but playing out the back needs to stop.

    Watching him try to take on Doucoure three times and just being swatted away every single made me physically recoil. Just embarrassing.
  • TakeItSlow
    7939 posts League Winner
    Anyway, onwards and upwards. Next 7 league games are all pretty winnable.
  • arsenalap
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    G000ner wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    As I've said many times, Nelson is not ready.

    Hes a boy amongst men atm.

    Need a winger in Jan.

    I wont judge our defense till its fit, but playing out the back needs to stop.

    Interesting, I thought he played okay when he came on. Helped out defensively and made a couple of nice dribbles. He was better than any of our other attackers when he came on. He had to come on when the team was getting battered- not much he could do.

    I didn't see it at all. He lost the ball 3 or 4 times and not even under massive pressure.

    The shot he had when he came on was nice movement. But after that he had nothing for me.

    You could tell Auba wanted more from him, but Nelson wasnt making enough runs to give him an option.
  • TakeItSlow
    7939 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Anyway, onwards and upwards. Next 7 league games are all pretty winnable.

    more winnable then this? you playing some lower league teams? how you managed that

    Like I said, new manager for Watford, was never going to be an easy game especially away from home. They fought well, we gifted them a point through sheer stupidity.



    That's shocking.
  • Wyojasond
    12179 posts Has That Special Something
    Only 9 clean sheets in 43 PL games for Emery 😳
  • arsenalap
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    I cant understate how bad AMN was today. Passed on his man so many times which led to so many shots .

    Again he isn't a RB so fine but need to fix it.
  • TakeItSlow
    7939 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I cant understate how bad AMN was today. Passed on his man so many times which led to so many shots .

    Again he isn't a RB so fine but need to fix it.

    He was absolutely shocking and he completely gave up at one point.
  • G000ner
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    As I've said many times, Nelson is not ready.

    Hes a boy amongst men atm.

    Need a winger in Jan.

    I wont judge our defense till its fit, but playing out the back needs to stop.

    Interesting, I thought he played okay when he came on. Helped out defensively and made a couple of nice dribbles. He was better than any of our other attackers when he came on. He had to come on when the team was getting battered- not much he could do.

    I didn't see it at all. He lost the ball 3 or 4 times and not even under massive pressure.

    The shot he had when he came on was nice movement. But after that he had nothing for me.

    You could tell Auba wanted more from him, but Nelson wasnt making enough runs to give him an option.

    He didn't have the ball that much though. We were getting dominated and it was really tough for him. I don't think he's ready either. I said the same thing when someone asked why he wasn't starting today. I just don't think it's fair to judge him on this particular game, when basically our whole team got battered.

    I actually want us to switch back to a 433. I don't like this diamond at all. Whether Nelson, Saka or Martinelli starts on the wing I don't care. Scary thing is some people thought Laca wouldn't be missed 🤔. He's at worst our second best player
  • G000ner
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I cant understate how bad AMN was today. Passed on his man so many times which led to so many shots .

    Again he isn't a RB so fine but need to fix it.

    At least Bellerin won't be under much pressure to perform right away, since he'll still be better than AMN. If he gets through the U23 game OK, we could look for him to be involved next week
  • arsenalap
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    G000ner wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    As I've said many times, Nelson is not ready.

    Hes a boy amongst men atm.

    Need a winger in Jan.

    I wont judge our defense till its fit, but playing out the back needs to stop.

    Interesting, I thought he played okay when he came on. Helped out defensively and made a couple of nice dribbles. He was better than any of our other attackers when he came on. He had to come on when the team was getting battered- not much he could do.

    I didn't see it at all. He lost the ball 3 or 4 times and not even under massive pressure.

    The shot he had when he came on was nice movement. But after that he had nothing for me.

    You could tell Auba wanted more from him, but Nelson wasnt making enough runs to give him an option.

    He didn't have the ball that much though. We were getting dominated and it was really tough for him. I don't think he's ready either. I said the same thing when someone asked why he wasn't starting today. I just don't think it's fair to judge him on this particular game, when basically our whole team got battered.

    I actually want us to switch back to a 433. I don't like this diamond at all. Whether Nelson, Saka or Martinelli starts on the wing I don't care. Scary thing is some people thought Laca wouldn't be missed 🤔. He's at worst our second best player

    Yh that's fair, I mean it was a hard game to have an impact but similarly at least Willock tried.

    To me Nelson didnt even try massively, he hid away from having an impact, tried to play it safe and didnt even do that.

    That last move with Willock running through and Auba to the right, where was Nelson?

    He was a sub, he needs to be running his socks off, he should have been there in support.
  • Ahmer50x
    19919 posts World Class
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?
  • G000ner
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?

    Everyone will be fit enough to play. It depends how soon we want to rush them back. My guess is that they'll all start in the league cup against forest next Tuesday. If they play well, they could start against you
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    G000ner wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?

    Everyone will be fit enough to play. It depends how soon we want to rush them back. My guess is that they'll all start in the league cup against forest next Tuesday. If they play well, they could start against you

    Not Lacazette confirmed out for the rest of Sep.
  • Ahmer50x
    19919 posts World Class
    G000ner wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?

    Everyone will be fit enough to play. It depends how soon we want to rush them back. My guess is that they'll all start in the league cup against forest next Tuesday. If they play well, they could start against you

    You'll need them.

    If you defend like today, we'll pick you off on the break like we did Chelsea
  • Apollo
    16233 posts World Class
    G000ner wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?

    Everyone will be fit enough to play. It depends how soon we want to rush them back. My guess is that they'll all start in the league cup against forest next Tuesday. If they play well, they could start against you

    Not Lacazette confirmed out for the rest of Sep.

    Think he was only asking about the defenders
  • arsenalap
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    Cahill right about Nelson here.

  • Ashy
    10003 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 15
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?
    Leno
    Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis/Luiz - Tierney


    biggest doubt may be Bellerin but Holding and Tierney should be fine
  • G000ner
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Cahill right about Nelson here.

    What was he saying?
  • arsenalap
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?
    Leno
    Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis/Luiz - Tierney


    biggest doubt may be Bellerin but Holding and Tierney should be fine

    We need Torreira to play in the base of a 433 flanked by Ceballos and Xhaka.

    Ozil did well in fairness.
  • G000ner
    4410 posts National Call-Up
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?
    Leno
    Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis/Luiz - Tierney


    biggest doubt may be Bellerin but Holding and Tierney should be fine

    We need Torreira to play in the base of a 433 flanked by Ceballos and Xhaka.

    Ozil did well in fairness.

    Ozil looked most likely to create some thing, but he doesn't offer anything defensively. Our midfield was so open today and I'm not sure if we can afford to start a player like him
  • Ahmer50x
    19919 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?
    Leno
    Bellerin - Holding - Sokratis/Luiz - Tierney


    biggest doubt may be Bellerin but Holding and Tierney should be fine

    We need Torreira to play in the base of a 433 flanked by Ceballos and Xhaka.

    Ozil did well in fairness.

    Surely should be Guendouzi and Ceballos?
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »
    G000ner wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Who is likely to be back for the United game on Sep 30?

    Everyone will be fit enough to play. It depends how soon we want to rush them back. My guess is that they'll all start in the league cup against forest next Tuesday. If they play well, they could start against you

    Not Lacazette confirmed out for the rest of Sep.

    Think he was only asking about the defenders

    Oh my bad
Sign In or Register to comment.