Arsenal Football Club

Comments

• Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i would put some caution, most of the slick stuff he did was going backwards or staying still, abit like kovacic

Come of first it. He’s done more in one game than Kovacic has done his whole Chelsea career :joy:
  • arsenalap
    4519 posts National Call-Up
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i would put some caution, most of the slick stuff he did was going backwards or staying still, abit like kovacic

Not sure what game you were watching
  • Snugglebites
    1069 posts Professional
    I noticed you played the ball out on a lot of goal kicks, it'll be interesting to see if you do that next week. (please do)
  • ViVaWhom
    7885 posts League Winner
    ok, dont say i didnt warn you
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4256 posts National Call-Up
    Bloke is nothing like Kovacic apart from the fact they both have the ability to evade a press
  • sturges12345
    2981 posts National Call-Up
    We are gonna get battered by Liverpool. Still can’t create any good chances and are getting outshot by Burnley at home
  • arsenalap
    We are gonna get battered by Liverpool. Still can’t create any good chances and are getting outshot by Burnley at home

They're playing **** too.

Nelson needs to be benched.

I'd play the same midfield 3 but I'm guessing Xhaka will return.

Chambers deserves a game too.
  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up

Even if we were playing well, we'd probably lose to Liverpool at Anfield anyway. I expect nothing from that game. If we get anything at all from it, it would be a shock.

Against Burnley we still had 3 potential starters injured and another 3 potential starters not fit enough to start. Additionally, the new signings are still gelling, whereas Liverpool have kept the same team. They're much more ready for the game than we are, so should beat us easily.

Honestly, we've done well to win the first two games with the teams we've put out. I wouldn't judge us at all from the first two games. Wait until Bellerin and Tierney are back.
  • Ahmer50x
    17276 posts World Class
    Think anything at Anfield is considered a bonus by every team apart from City
  • arsenalap
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Think anything at Anfield is considered a bonus by every team apart from City

Yh it's more the performance I'm looking for. But if you were ever going to get anything from Liverpool now is the time.

But.. considering we have 5 first XI players not fit its doubtful
  • wth22
    9702 posts League Winner
    Given how many Liverpool usually pump past Arsenal at Anfield and how bad their defense has been/how good Arsenal's attack can be, can see it being a 5-3 esque scoreline
  • Pughy30
    25659 posts Player of the Year
    He said it as a joke but never mind lets just believe what clickbait twitter pages say :sleeping:
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    He said it as a joke but never mind lets just believe what clickbait twitter pages say :sleeping:

Obviously it was said as a joke. But to even joke like that shows the weak mentality. Be furious if my manager joked about a rival like that.
  • Pughy30
    Couchy wrote: »
    Pughy30 wrote: »

Obviously it was said as a joke. But to even joke like that shows the weak mentality. Be furious if my manager joked about a rival like that.

So he has a weak mentality because he made a joke. Jesus christ :joy:
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4256 posts National Call-Up

Nice to see the club communicate nowadays, thank god we are in the hands of Raul/Edu
  • Pughy30
    Really not sure what to expect from our January market, it's obvious we need defenders but unless targets fall out with their clubs and wanna leave i can't see teams selling mid season
  • G000ner
    4077 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 19
    I don't expect us to do much business at all other than selling players surplus to requirements. We don't really need anyone as long as Bellerin, Tierney and Holding recover well from their injuries. Saliba will be here in the summer and now we have Luiz for this season, centre back isn't such a priority. If we can get a good deal for Upemecano, i'm sure we'll go for it, but definitely don't see that happening until the summer.

As for the summer, signing Ceballos permanently and Upemecano (if he's available) should be our priority. If we can sell Xhaka and get a good replacement in, we should do that too
  • Tornado31619
    16481 posts World Class
    Zidane should be sacked if he sells you Ceballos. What a coup it would be if you signed him.
  • Ashy
    9542 posts League Winner
    Zidane should be sacked if he sells you Ceballos. What a coup it would be if you signed him.

Someone Utd should have gone for imo, glad he is here but I expect him to do well, go to Madrid and force himself in the team there after their midfield options fail to do the business
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    Ashy wrote: »

Someone Utd should have gone for imo, glad he is here but I expect him to do well, go to Madrid and force himself in the team there after their midfield options fail to do the business

And that in a nut shell is why big clubs shouldn’t ever loan players.
  • arsenalap

Nope silly logic. We need to get back into the CL, and we have a tight budget. The move was perfect for us.

Equally I can see what Spurs wouldn't want to do that deal as for them it wasnt what they needed.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »

Nope silly logic. We need to get back into the CL, and we have a tight budget. The move was perfect for us.

Equally I can see what Spurs wouldn't want to do that deal as for them it wasnt what they needed.

I said big clubs... :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    17276 posts World Class
    Absolute scenes if we grab him in a Pogba swap if he has a good season but you don’t make top 4.
  • Gervonta
    3734 posts National Call-Up
    No one will get there hands on dani tbh , Modric is the wrong side of 30 , Kroos will be the wrong side of 30 soon and he said himself he wants to break into the real first team properly.

• arsenalap
    Gervonta wrote: »
    No one will get there hands on dani tbh , Modric is the wrong side of 30 , Kroos will be the wrong side of 30 soon and he said himself he wants to break into the real first team properly.

Yh I dont see us signing him unless Zidane stays.

He doesn't like Zidane so would be a deterrent, and from the pictures from training etc it looks like he is enjoying it here.
  • Ashy
    9542 posts League Winner
    edited August 21
    What team vs Liverpool would you like to see?

3-4-3

Leno
    Chambers - Sokratis - David Luiz
    AMN - Torreira - Willock/Ceballos - Kolasinac
    Pepe - Lacazette - Aubameyang

Or

4-2-3-1/4-3-3

Leno
    AMN - Sokratis - David Luiz - Monreal
    Torreira - Willock/Xhaka - Ceballos
    Pepe - Lacazette - Aubameyang
  • Tornado31619
    16481 posts World Class
    edited August 21
    2. Ceballos needs as much freedom as possible.

EDIT: 1 could work, just with Luiz in the centre. Is Tierney not fit yet?
  • El_Nino
    2902 posts Fans' Favourite
    You concede an average of 3 a game as it is in recent times at Anfield, and you’ve added Luiz.
    Best of luck.
  • Cyodine
    1308 posts Professional
    Do you all think Auba will put out similar numbers compared to last year? I feel like he will be hindered playing out wide so much.